Sign in to follow this  
LOPEZ

jailbreak rules

Are utter shit. When I read the MOTD, I can't understand what it says, because all I see is poopies. 

Seriously guys, can we have like a rollback of the MOTD to at least a couple of months ago???????????????????????????????????????????????

Apparently people can eve tell everyone to freeze after a warden dies ....like??????????

feces-photo.jpgunflushed-toilet.jpg

diarrhea-photo.jpghuman-poop.jpg

The rules aren't fine. 

In my opinion the rules are terrible and they were fine a long time ago, since then many rules have been dismantled and fucked over.

The rule that a counter-terrorist had to give an actual order as opposed to just saying freeze was there for a reason, so you wouldn't have 5 kids screaming freeze at the same time in an attempt to grab warden. 

The rules aren't fine. 

In my opinion the rules are terrible and they were fine a long time ago, since then many rules have been dismantled and fucked over.

The rules are pretty much the same that they were before you had ever even played on the server.

Get at me, newfag

Sweetrock, you're drunk again. Go home. Although I didn't mean to downvote you there.

Last time I read the rules, it looked a group of people wrote it while giving each other reacharounds.

Edited by Oreo

I don't even know why thee is rule haft the people on JB don't follow them anyways.Its needs someone the actually forces them. Like new SO!!!!!!!!!!!

And your the one sitting behind cells, watching vents, GOING into vents for a leisurely look around, and freekilling randomly at times. I think you are the one that needs the rules enforced on. And You ARE a ADMIN!, >.<

Ok, rant over.

The rules aren't fine.

The rule that a counter-terrorist had to give an actual order as opposed to just saying freeze was there for a reason, so you wouldn't have 5 kids screaming freeze at the same time in an attempt to grab warden.

Like what rules?

And that never happens.

What Drug said, you almost never have people fighting for warden after the previous warden dies. Half the threads recently have been about CTs NOT taking warden.

Give me one legitimate complaint about any of the rules and we can actually do something about it being changed, general bitching doesn't give us any insight to anything that you think needs to be changed.

@Daniel

I know i asked you for the old motd, but it was not the one I was thinking of. I do believe we all are thinking of blob's motd, where we had a much more extensive map games list as well as extensive rule system. Granted most of those rules merely got edited to be less wordy, but the issue is that some things did get removed that everyone was accustomed to.

Here are a few off the top of my head, that I either couldn't find in motd--whether they are there and I merely scanned over them, or they are missing-

• Terrorists on a freeday dropping gun's to fellow terrorists following rules were then considered to be rebelling, due to this act being gun planting.
  • Terrorists may throw any nade except He grenade [and molotov] and not be considered rebelling unless it hit's a ct directly.
  • When taking over as Warden, one must give valid move commands, similar to taking warden at the start of the round. FREEZE is not a valid command to take over as warden.

These are just a few that I could think of off the top of my head that are either not followed to the fullest(IE SO's Contradicting one another) or I couldn't find in the motd.

Then we have issues of gray areas, what is considered camping specific locations and is not. This issue is not so prevalent when SO's are on, but rather when we aren't, to the point that people get the idea that you can camp anywhere on the map as long as it's not last ct so long as you can still see the main group of terrorists.

Another gray area is vents within vents, whether ct's can pursue if they see go into one vent but not the next. We do not have nearly as many maps that have this as we did on CSS, but people are still confused about this.

Then we have our final issue, which is not with motd, but rather some of the kill whoring orders that effectively break "keep the rounds fun and interesting rule"

These include orders like "All t's (says nothing here) bottom of x location, no detours and no delays". Even on a repeat, same thing is given and results in quite a few deaths, simply due to  the presumption that he said freeze at bottom of x location, and mic merely cut out. While I understand that this is quite a trap, it effectively kills rounds due to t's dieing in a fairly anti-fun way. (The main issue with this is when Icop does it, it seems like it is ok to do such things, since he is SO, but all it really does it promote kill whoring rather than trying to get t's to do actual games)

@spell

The grenade part reminded me or something I was going to post later, recently a T threw a decoy at a CT (did 1 dmg) the T was the then killed for this "rebelling" act, a huge argument then followed. We had 1 SO say it was a freekill and a Ex-staff say the same. Anyway missing rule or has it just been taken out? Personally I've never seen a CT kill a T for doing 1 damage to him so it was a little odd.

@Daniel

I know i asked you for the old motd, but it was not the one I was thinking of. I do believe we all are thinking of blob's motd, where we had a much more extensive map games list as well as extensive rule system. Granted most of those rules merely got edited to be less wordy, but the issue is that some things did get removed that everyone was accustomed to.

Here are a few off the top of my head, that I either couldn't find in motd--whether they are there and I merely scanned over them, or they are missing-

• Terrorists on a freeday dropping gun's to fellow terrorists following rules were then considered to be rebelling, due to this act being gun planting.
  • Terrorists may throw any nade except He grenade [and molotov] and not be considered rebelling unless it hit's a ct directly.
  • When taking over as Warden, one must give valid move commands, similar to taking warden at the start of the round. FREEZE is not a valid command to take over as warden.

These are just a few that I could think of off the top of my head that are either not followed to the fullest(IE SO's Contradicting one another) or I couldn't find in the motd.

Then we have issues of gray areas, what is considered camping specific locations and is not. This issue is not so prevalent when SO's are on, but rather when we aren't, to the point that people get the idea that you can camp anywhere on the map as long as it's not last ct so long as you can still see the main group of terrorists.

Another gray area is vents within vents, whether ct's can pursue if they see go into one vent but not the next. We do not have nearly as many maps that have this as we did on CSS, but people are still confused about this.

Then we have our final issue, which is not with motd, but rather some of the kill whoring orders that effectively break "keep the rounds fun and interesting rule"

These include orders like "All t's (says nothing here) bottom of x location, no detours and no delays". Even on a repeat, same thing is given and results in quite a few deaths, simply due to  the presumption that he said freeze at bottom of x location, and mic merely cut out. While I understand that this is quite a trap, it effectively kills rounds due to t's dieing in a fairly anti-fun way. (The main issue with this is when Icop does it, it seems like it is ok to do such things, since he is SO, but all it really does it promote kill whoring rather than trying to get t's to do actual games)

I don't recall terrorists gunplanting ever have been rebelling. In fact I specifically remember when I first started playing in early 2010 that people on free days would have to be told when given their freeday that they couldnt gunplant.

It's not rebelling unless it's a grenade that doesn't do damage. Impact damage doesn't count.

This rule is pointless. It was only ever there because we had so many people spamming to be warden, which rare if ever happens anymore.

Gunplanting on a freeday was never rebelling. Part of the fun of a freeday is to gunplant your fellow Ts and makes it distracting for the CTs cause they have to watch you.

Throwing a HE grenade was almost always rebelling except when asked to throw it. 

The valid order to take over warden has been implemented for a long time also. 

The whole ledge and armory camping thing is dumb I think it should just be " no cts are allowed on top of armory or on ledges outside of armory", which would make it easier to enforce. 

The pursuing a terrorist rule has always been once you go into vent after seeing a T enter continue until you are out of the vent and get back to wherever the rest of the Ts are at as fast as possible. 

Keeping the rounds fun is hard to do with noncreative CTs. Most of the time it going to be killwhore orders and trivia.

Another huge issue I think with JB is the timelimit. Back in the day Triv rounds were like 6 minutes long, but now it seems almost every round is around 10 minutes long.

Concur with Drug on the above three.

As far as SOs contradicting each other, it wouldn't be as much of an issue if there weren't so many of you making up your own rules from what you remembered before the most recent change. If there's something the SOs can't figure out as far as what's camping or what isn't, I check the forums multiple times during the day so I can be easily reached for questions like that through a PM.

We're not adding a clear-cut, "this is camping, this isn't" for every single situation where someone has a question.

Most of the issues people have come to me with are due to what they see as a difficulty to rebel. The reason we got rid of most of the rules for CTs was because rebelling had become such a joke that you didn't even have to try to get away from the group.

Everyone was fine with the way the rules were when they were released months ago, the problems everyone is having are due to the SOs and admins not following what the MOTD says.

As far as icop's order of "All T's, (x location) and freeze," it's completely legitimate and once it's happened to you once you'll never forget it again. It's no different than when monkeh would warden and give his trivia question, people that had played before had it bound, others didn't. It's something that comes with experience on the server, and don't try to give me bullshit about being dicks to new members when you all automatically !ct anybody that attempts to warden and forgets no detours or delays or says AFK freeze. It usually takes one correction for them to realize what they need to do.

Concur with Drug on the above three.

As far as SOs contradicting each other, it wouldn't be as much of an issue if there weren't so many of you making up your own rules from what you remembered before the most recent change. If there's something the SOs can't figure out as far as what's camping or what isn't, I check the forums multiple times during the day so I can be easily reached for questions like that through a PM.

We're not adding a clear-cut, "this is camping, this isn't" for every single situation where someone has a question.

Most of the issues people have come to me with are due to what they see as a difficulty to rebel. The reason we got rid of most of the rules for CTs was because rebelling had become such a joke that you didn't even have to try to get away from the group.

Everyone was fine with the way the rules were when they were released months ago, the problems everyone is having are due to the SOs and admins not following what the MOTD says.

As far as icop's order of "All T's, (x location) and freeze," it's completely legitimate and once it's happened to you once you'll never forget it again. It's no different than when monkeh would warden and give his trivia question, people that had played before had it bound, others didn't. It's something that comes with experience on the server, and don't try to give me bullshit about being dicks to new members when you all automatically !ct anybody that attempts to warden and forgets no detours or delays or says AFK freeze. It usually takes one correction for them to realize what they need to do.

@Camping issue, can we just do as shadow suggested and add no camping armory/ledges period, much simpler than a map by map basis. Much simpler

@Rebelling issue: Aye, that I do agree on, since it was really a joke to get away back in 2010/early 2011 jb.

@Icop issue: I personally Don't care for the order, but I merely bring to the table what people complain to me about it, since people don't seem to learn even if it is done multiple rounds in a row. I merely wanted a final opinion on it.

@So's contradicting each other: I do believe this stems from the very small rule changes which alter what we remember about the motd off hand, since not everyone keeps motd up in another window/monitor while playing.

In total, other than wanting more games to be re-added to the games tab ( I remember a much much more extensive list of games than what is in either motd, current or the one you sent me), the rest of the issues I brought up are ones that our server population often complains about while either dead or are confused when thing's get contradicted.

Something else that doesn't help is that it doesn't really tell us when the MOTD is changed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been a few minor changes since I've started and I've seen no indication when they were changed other than finding out after messing up on the changed rule.

Any changes to the MOTD have had threads where people asked for them, in which it was stated that something was added or changed.

The armory ledge rule isn't going to be readded, being outside of armory isn't camping armory. That rule was never in MOTD, it was something that was made up by SOs at the time.

Honestly, there have only been maybe two things that actually changed a rule based on something that has been added to MOTD. Every other "rule" that has been changed was from me coming onto the server and telling the SOs not to add rules on their own.