Sign in to follow this  
Epicsauce

DayZ - Server Creation

logo.png
DayZ - SERVER CREATION

"DayZ is an award winning free 2012 multiplayer open world survival horror mod designed by Dean Hall for the 2009 tactical shooter video game ARMA 2 and its 2010 expansion pack, ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead. The mod places the player in the fictional post-Soviet state of Chernarus, where an unknown virus has turned most of the population into undead, violent zombies. As a survivor with limited supplies, the player must scavenge the world for supplies such as food, water, weapons and medicine, while killing or avoiding both zombies and other players and sometimes non-player characters - in an effort to survive the zombie apocalypse.

DayZ has been widely praised in gaming media for its innovative design elements, with Kotaku and Eurogamer describing it as possibly the best zombie game ever made, PC Gamer calling it one of the most important things to happen to PC gaming in 2012 as well as one of the five scariest games of all time, and PC PowerPlay giving it its Game of the Year award as well as ranking it as the overall fifth best PC game of all time. The mod reached one million players in its first four months on 6 August 2012, with hundreds of thousands purchasing ARMA 2 just to play it. The mod version of DayZ remains in continued development by its community. The standalone game version is currently in development by Dean Hall and ARMA 2 creators Bohemia Interactive."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASPECTS OF DayZ

Realistic "Zombies" with custom animations -
These once human creatures will act and behave as if they have a heighten sense of hearing and smell but less sight, on top of that they use motion captured animations such as walking and eating from your unconscious body. If you look into any built up area you'll see them walking around waiting for their next victim which dares to venture in.

New weapons and vehicles! -
Ever felt like you needed a Crossbow? Or maybe a less military like weapon? If you have then this is perfect for you as we have both of these created to high quality standards all ready for your use in this wasteland. On top of that you can even pick up the bolts fired from the Crossbow to reuse! Not only that we also have created custom vehicles which can be repaired and ridden around to show the world what you're made of!

Custom Medical System -
ArmA II's magic medic feature is a thing of the past with this medical system - If you get shot, expect to bleed and to lose blood until you're bandaged up. Lost too much blood? Then expect to fall over unconscious. If you get shot in the leg then you won't be able to walk until you get morphine so you can man up. Pain is also a factor taken into consideration so without pain killers after taking an injury you'll continue to shake. This is medical at it's best!

Persistent Server -
Fed up of spending so many hours working towards a goal or finding supplies and then the server crashes on you losing all your progress? Well with the DayZ server all stat's are saved to our external database so where ever you log off, whatever you have will be keep on you next time you come back in. This means you can spend however long you want doing what you want to do. As long as you don't die during the night!

Tons of new objects -
We haven't just added in big things like weapons, we take pride in little details so expect to find things such as water canteens, a number of canned foods, junk and car parts (Along with more!) each of which have their own models, textures and UI imagery, once again all created to that high quality you expect in a full scale modification and we're sure you won't be disappointed with it. Nothing has been rushed.

Hunting and Survival -
Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by a very subtle GUI which doesn't effect the atmosphere, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.

Heavy Optimisation -
The DayZ server has been designed to give the best play possible. Custom coding and edits have created a smooth running world which can easily have thousands of zombies spawned at once!

... and much more - the only way to find out - is to survive!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REQUIREMENTS

1. ArmA II: Combined Operations (available on Steam)
2. DayZ Mod Files (available on the website)
3. Balls

THE DEAL?

I am suggesting that SyndicateGamers creates a DayZ server, in which is a active mod. The reason I say this is due to the increasing popularity of the mod, and how many new users will be drawn into our community - increasing the activity on our servers.

Edited by Epicsauce

I know quite a few people who play it here, including me. I'm pretty sure we had one before but that was awhile ago when not much people played. I'd love to get a server going again

I mean, I wasn't aware we had a DayZ server before or why it failed; but it never hurts to try it again and promote it.

edit; the whole point is not to customize it dramatically, now there are some customizations but most prefer vanilla

"If you fail the first time, give it another shot. If you fail the second time, try once again. If you fail once more after that, keep on going. Without those failures in life, we wouldn't accomplish anything - we wouldn't be human."

Edited by Epicsauce

The reason why it didn't work well is because our server was just a public server and not a private hive server. Also, most people who play already have a home server and were unwilling to populate a new server. I would suggest waiting until the standalone game comes out and then we will look into a server.

The reason why it didn't work well is because our server was just a public server and not a private hive server. Also, most people who play already have a home server and were unwilling to populate a new server. I would suggest waiting until the standalone game comes out and then we will look into a server.

this; I'd say wait until standalone, Rocket has already said they're shooting for an early July launch, which isn't that far away.

Probably not. Unless something drastically changes in the stand alone client.

I would have to agree with this, The server itself takes up a shit load of resources.  If you add dayz, the other servers will more than likely suffer.

I would have to agree with this, The server itself takes up a shit load of resources.  If you add dayz, the other servers will more than likely suffer. the amount of bambino's we order will be cut in half.

Edited by Oreo

if you ever try it again it might be a nice idea to think about "DayZ Origin", simply the mod of a mod or DayZ with some more very nice features like tuning cars, some human npcs and building houses (and some more stuff).

but im not sure if you can have set a dayz origin server on an own root server, in the past you could only buy them on an other server.

The zombies still act like idiots.

Pretty sure it's still in an Alpha/Beta state so I'm sure they'll fix it.

I would have to agree with this, The server itself takes up a shit load of resources.  If you add dayz, the other servers will more than likely suffer.

DayZ probably wasn't the issue, ArmA 2 was. ArmA 2 itself is a resource hog so it could be different in the standalone.

if you ever try it again it might be a nice idea to think about "DayZ Origin", simply the mod of a mod or DayZ with some more very nice features like tuning cars, some human npcs and building houses (and some more stuff).

but im not sure if you can have set a dayz origin server on an own root server, in the past you could only buy them on an other server.

Origins is fucking terrible. You have to wait at least a minute to spawn in when it should be instant, you chose where you spawn, and the map is way too damn fucking big for a PvP environment (All the PvP takes place in 1 or 2 places). Breaking Point is better but DayZ, no matter what version/mod of the mod you play it gets boring and dull.
Edited by SpecialBrownies

I'm not trying to advertise, but we COULD have an unofficial sG server if I talked to America DayZ's owner, DobZ. He's chill (and Argentinean) and would probably be more than welcoming if it brings a constant flow of players to the server. If somebody on Staff would politely PM me, the "crew" I play with on the server could easily make it happen