Sign in to follow this  
Garretty

Lack of map variation

It seems the server has a constant cycle of 67th, dust2, island, roy, and occasionally rooftops. I don't mind having players vote, but I would appreciate a timeout for each map played. Thanks for reading.

I remember we used to have that voting system that didn't allow a map we just played to be voted for a few maps or some shit.
That worked pretty well.

I remember we used to have that voting system that didn't allow a map we just played to be voted for a few maps or some shit.

That worked pretty well.

Yeah it would be cool if we could go back to that. To be honest though, those maps are played the most because people enjoy playing on them. If they didn't, the maps wouldn't be chosen.

Thing is, is that we can't go back to map timeouts without some new coding. In GM13, Garry got rid of Fretta which was what TTT used for map voting and the map timers. So unless Zach or Centran wants to code it, which I'm sure can be that hard, but what do I know?

Someone recently remade the fretta vote, but it doesn't have map cooldowns like it use to. 

So I don't really see a point to changing to that right now.

It really depends on who is online in the server at the moment. If there are chill original players there then it's usually varied. If there are dumbasses, then you got a little problem on your hands.

this. for example, yesterday morning it was me, Gonepostal, Aero, Fith, Colossal Dragon, and Bulletford. (I think? It was one of the SO's.)

We played a shitton of classic maps that I haven't played in ages - derelict, camel, wintermansion, etc. (btw a new version is on the server just yesterday that adds a shitton of new stuff!)

I tell everyone last night that "HEY ZACH ADDED SOME NEW MAPS TO THE SERVER!!" and everyone's like "Nah let's just play 67th."

tl;dr bring back timeouts for maps because i'm sick of going from 67th to lost temple to rooftops, repeat, when retards are on

Edited by KGame

I think KGame needs to realize that he wasn't an "original player" on TTT...

Oh, and bring back map cooldowns. DeathLegends found a way to implement it into their ZS map in a crazy-ass intricate way, so it might be worth talking to their server devs on how exactly to execute it

It really depends on who is online in the server at the moment. If there are chill original players there then it's usually varied. If there are dumbasses, then you got a little problem on your hands.

^This

I hate having cooldowns on maps, but when we have a bunch of rando's on the server it's hard to vary the maps.

No

You know even though you guys got airbus fixed it still got removed because kit kat and noclip complained about it since me and a few others (mainly me though, lol) where always spamming votes for it and rtv spamming in other maps.

I think it should be added back, i mean damn it's not that bad. If we wanna talk about bad maps maybe we should get rid of crummy cradle too, because of it's server crashing glitch that still hasn't been fixed yet.

Edited by Seasoning