Sign in to follow this  
Ghost X

Need help with making my own pokéball

So I stumbled upon this: http://www.slouchwor...poke_single.htm

99$ is pretty expensive. But I would like to make one myself. The illuminated ring is not my concern because I have enough electronics knowledge to make a red led ring. But I want to ask all of you where I can get that kind of metal button. I've been searching the internet to find one but I can't seem to find it.

Does any of you guys know where to find a metal button like that?

Better pic: https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7383812352/h1411A167/

Edited by Master Chief

Holy god that is beautiful. Also, how big do you want the button? The one in the second picture looked slightly oversized.

Edited by _ztoc

Holy god that is beautiful. Also, how big do you want the button? The one in the second picture looked slightly oversized.

Yeah it's a bit oversized, but I would still use that size if I would find it

Found another pic: ptx___yes__they_are_real___by_slouchworx-d62z43e.jpg

Edited by Master Chief

I would just spend the $99 and be pround of owning a unique item. But also building one would be cool. I got noidea on how about going it though

It's not hard, the button is an on/off switch each time you press it so you can make the LED work with that and a 9V battery. You just gotta find some way to get the halves of the ball.

I'm a real fan of the first one! Looks pretty damn perfect.

You can buy a fucking mosin nagant for 100 bucks. Why would you want to buy a spherical piece of metal that does nothing?
Because in the next few years, Pokeballs will still be legal. Edited by _ztoc

With all the people freaking out about guns, it wouldn't surprise me if they completely took them away in the next ten or so years.

you have no idea what you're talking about; don't talk about things you are ignorant of.

edit: gun debate in a pokemon thread.

tumblr-inline-mifft7l9ap1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by Blackmanvoice

With all the people freaking out about guns, it wouldn't surprise me if they completely took them away in the next ten or so years.

you have no idea what you're talking about; don't talk about things you are ignorant of.

edit: gun debate in a pokemon thread.

tumblr-inline-mifft7l9ap1qz4rgp.gif

I just said I wouldn't be surprised :) I wasn't saying "They WILL be banned in 10 years".

Anyway, how long do you think it will take for you to make it Chief?

You can buy a fucking mosin nagant for 100 bucks. Why would you want to buy a spherical piece of metal that does nothing?

It might not do anything but it's just a collectors item that would look nice on a shelf, or wherever one would put a realistic pokeball

It might not do anything but it's just a collectors item that would look nice on a shelf, or wherever one would put a realistic pokeball

So could a mosin nagant though, I feel like that would be a VERY cool thing to have on a shelf :)

Don't get me wrong, a Pokeball is very cool item aswell.

Edited by _ztoc

So could a mosin nagant though, I feel like that would be a VERY cool thing to have on a shelf :)

Don't get me wrong, a Pokeball is very cool item aswell.

Yes of course, the nagant could be a replica for display purposes or it could be functional. Either way it would be a neat thing to own and to show off.

I send the maker a email and he responded that the battery is irreplaceable lol.

I'm gonna try and make one where you can replace it, without destroying the design.

Yes of course, the nagant could be a replica for display purposes or it could be functional. Either way it would be a neat thing to own and to show off.

No real reason to make a replica of something when there are millions of originals for sale for dirt cheap.

No real reason to make a replica of something when there are millions of originals for sale for dirt cheap.

Alright if you say so, show me a good replica.