Sign in to follow this  
TheDentist

Map ideas (theme and/or game ideas) for my next jb map

I'm interested to hear your ideas/wants/needs for when I start designing my second jb map. Learned a ton making jungle, and while I think it turned out pretty well, there are a lot of things I'd do different if starting from scratch.

Would love to hear ideas for a theme and games that could go in it, or just ideas in general for jb maps.

What do you like/hate about some jb maps (want more secrets, less reveling opportunity, more space, etc)

What is your favorite game/map and WHY?

What is your favorite and least favorite parts of my last map (jb_jungle) that I should remember or not repeat in my next?

Thanks!

HIDDEN BOMB SITE!

Theme-maybe sports?

suggestions-Should have more transition space/less walls to run behind to make it harder for Ts to rebel

favorite map game- connect 4, it was awesome on the Lockdown map we had.

Favorite part about Jungle, Trees.... more trees

Edited by Avery

I felt jungle was well planned although perhaps a bit small for a full server? Not really a bad thing. Yes I agree about connect 4 it was awesome.

If for example jungle had at least one large open are where it is difficult to rebel(long distance to a vent or such) it might even out the playing field.

This is of course implying the cts could get the ts to this area.

HIDDEN BOMB SITE!

Theme-maybe sports?

suggestions-Should have more transition space/less walls to run behind to make it harder for Ts to rebel

Bomb site could be interesting, would have to make it really secret/difficult or it could ruin a lot of games lol.

The trees make jungle a rebel haven, but I agree it needs to be more spread out

How did the connect four work? I am already envisioning a game based on battleship. Think Pokemon (one captain on each side with other players as pieces) but battleship gameplay.

For themes I was thinking more like locales, jungle, desert island, mental hospital etc

I felt jungle was well planned although perhaps a bit small for a full server? Not really a bad thing. Yes I agree about connect 4 it was awesome.

If for example jungle had at least one large open are where it is difficult to rebel(long distance to a vent or such) it might even out the playing field.

This is of course implying the cts could get the ts to this area.

That is one thing I would change, make more open and spread out, but it became really hard / impossible to change once I realized it. If jb was still a thirty max I think jungle is awesome, the times I've played it with 20-30 have seemed most balanced.

I did make the vent to armory very difficult to activate so Ts weren't invade armory within thirty seconds of start, so hard Avery kept killing himself trying to get past the lasers hah

I may need to outsource a surf to throgot I don't think I have the skillz for that

For surf all you have to do is make the slopes at least at a 45 degree angle to produce the surf effect.

Bombsites are a goodidea. In CS:S we couldn't have one because when the round time expired after a few minutes the cts would win instead of the round continuing. But in CS:GO, now that the round time is an hour that doesn't really matter.

Bombsites are a goodidea. In CS:S we couldn't have one because when the round time expired after a few minutes the cts would win instead of the round continuing. But in CS:GO, now that the round time is an hour that doesn't really matter.

How would you implement it? As a way for rebelers to force the CTs to act quickly? Would you hide it or put it in plain sight? Would you give the CTs defuse kits at the start of the rounds

How would you implement it? As a way for rebelers to force the CTs to act quickly? Would you hide it or put it in plain sight? Would you give the CTs defuse kits at the start of the rounds

As a secret, you wouldn't want it to be planted most rounds.

I'd imagine planting the bomb be something that is relatively difficult and time-consuming. Maybe getting the bomb would require finishing climb or a death run or something.

It'd be a fun way to end freedays.

HIDDEN BOMB SITE!

Theme-maybe sports?

Bomb site could be interesting, would have to make it really secret/difficult or it could ruin a lot of games lol.

The trees make jungle a rebel haven, but I agree it needs to be more spread out

How did the connect four work? I am already envisioning a game based on battleship. Think Pokemon (one captain on each side with other players as pieces) but battleship gameplay.

For themes I was thinking more like locales, jungle, desert island, mental hospital etc

Well you could always beta test it, if it fails just take it out. Though it does sound like a intresting idea. But tbh i feel like it could ruin things.

AS for locales, it'd be interesting to make a "missing texture" map. Not actually missing textures, but everything is in weird colors and checkerboxes and shit. Maybe make them darker than normal though, that much light might give headaches.

General ideas: Would like to see more themed maps, really liked Jungle for the overall themed aspect and how well you made the games accompany the theme, also like with avalanche & ski. Personally I'd love to see something that is ruin-like or ocean-y if possible.

Dislikes about JB maps: An abundance of vents. Vents should be creative and not make the map an instant CT lose if one T goes into it. Also small maps, they should be more spaced out.

Fav Game/Map: Personally I love avalanche (thorgot<3), but I also like atlas for it's layout and alpha for it's theme. Minecraft is freaking amazing but overplayed. Favorite game is climb/obama's invisible climb. Would like more creative climbs.

Jungle: Like I said, I really liked jungle's overall theme. My biggest issue is the spacing on it, just really cramped. Sniper escape was good, though felt like killwhore CTs would constantly play it to try and get kills which wasn't cool. But that's their fault, not the game's. Just make a good map with creativeness like Jungle and it'll be amazing.

AS for locales, it'd be interesting to make a "missing texture" map. Not actually missing textures, but everything is in weird colors and checkerboxes and shit. Maybe make them darker than normal though, that much light might give headaches.

I second this idea of trippiness. I know maps on TTT like bohhh and argggh are very trippy and similar to what you're suggesting if you've ever played them. If you like the idea, you should check them out Dentist, because they have good inspiration for a map of the sort.

General ideas: Would like to see more themed maps, really liked Jungle for the overall themed aspect and how well you made the games accompany the theme, also like with avalanche & ski. Personally I'd love to see something that is ruin-like or ocean-y if possible.

Dislikes about JB maps: An abundance of vents. Vents should be creative and not make the map an instant CT lose if one T goes into it. Also small maps, they should be more spaced out.

Fav Game/Map: Personally I love avalanche (thorgot<3), but I also like atlas for it's layout and alpha for it's theme. Minecraft is freaking amazing but overplayed. Favorite game is climb/obama's invisible climb. Would like more creative climbs.

Jungle: Like I said, I really liked jungle's overall theme. My biggest issue is the spacing on it, just really cramped. Sniper escape was good, though felt like killwhore CTs would constantly play it to try and get kills which wasn't cool. But that's their fault, not the game's. Just make a good map with creativeness like Jungle and it'll be amazing.

Thanks, these are the kinds of comments I was hoping for!

• A game like football would be cool you might need a bomb and a field but thats not hard to make.
  • I think Bunnyhop Because no one puts bunnyhops in maps and those take skill to do so It is harder for T's To get LR.
  • Explosive Barrel Race would be fun if its on ICE they had one on an old CSS map that was Extremely Hard but always Fun to Beat.
  • I think "Deadly Ladders" would be amazing but make it randomized so the ladders are never the same every round because then the t's Know exactly where to go.

Those are my Idears GoodLuck

CARIBBEAN style jailbreak map!

http://www.breakingt...vate_Island.jpg

Stingray pool where you have to dodge the stingray (like crazy asian driver) or maybe multiple random stingrays that move around (don't know how you'd do this).

Some sort of epic race because Jamaicans are fast (Usain Bolt).

Could have a Cruise ship that you could go into and shit with mini games n shit.

Or Jamaican Bobsled race, see: Cool Runnings.

Disco could be on a beach overlooking the ocean and could have a smoke option to hotbox the disco.

Add some dub/reggae/dubstep:

[media=]

[media=]http://youtu.be/3pBCA9mUciU

[media=]

1206776027610.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16976-1344433615-3.gif

• A game like football would be cool you might need a bomb and a field but thats not hard to make.
  • I think Bunnyhop Because no one puts bunnyhops in maps and those take skill to do so It is harder for T's To get LR.
  • Explosive Barrel Race would be fun if its on ICE they had one on an old CSS map that was Extremely Hard but always Fun to Beat.
  • I think "Deadly Ladders" would be amazing but make it randomized so the ladders are never the same every round because then the t's Know exactly where to go.

Those are my Idears GoodLuck

Fuck roulette ladders game is dumb