Sign in to follow this  
Sketchmaticx

MGS V

Looks decent, but really, this old fuck again. I know snake is badass but wouldn't he be like 90 at this point.

Looks decent, but really, this old fuck again. I know snake is badass but wouldn't he be like 90 at this point.

snake is not the main character for this one, big boss is, and it is set before snake is created.

snake is not the main character for this one, big boss is, and it is set before snake is created.

Ah, I guess Hideo just decided to use virtually the same model, easily mistaken. Oh well seems pretty sweet regardless

while i'm super-excited, didn't they announce it forever ago? as "The Phantom Pain" lol

announced as "Ground Zeroes"

now fully titled from Phantom Pain to Metal Gear Solid V ...

Ah, I guess Hideo just decided to use virtually the same model, easily mistaken. Oh well seems pretty sweet regardless

well it is the same model because solid snake is a clone of big boss.....

while i'm super-excited, didn't they announce it forever ago? as "The Phantom Pain" lol

those are two different games...

one is open world and the prequel to MGS V

the other is MGS V

i'm saying that when some mystery studio announced "The Phantom Pain" it was blatantly obvious it was MGS V... in the actual announcement they (Kojima) acted like it was some big surprise.

Guest Fohacidal

You know as much as I love the MGS series its getting to the point now where its too japanese. I try to enjoy it but the melodrama of japanese gaming leaves a sour taste in my mouth, along with all the dick of course.

Fucking japan

You know as much as I love the MGS series its getting to the point now where its too japanese. I try to enjoy it but the melodrama of japanese gaming leaves a sour taste in my mouth, along with all the dick of course.

Fucking japan

racism pls ban

Guest Fohacidal

Oh you know exactly what I am talking about. Japanese gaming always has a certain feel to it regardless of the genre, from voice scripting to voice acting, animation to body language and gesturing and especially they way they utilize visual effects, camera work, and camera angles you can definitely distinguish a japanese game from a western game. Its even WORSE when a japanese game tries to be western as was the trend for a few years when the japanese gaming market started to tank a bit.

It all just feels so... fake and melodramatic. I cant take it seriously and I cant make it through one japanese game without some extreme cringe factor popping up. Its like just to pop in fucking Tekken Tag 2 I have to make sure nobody is watching or Im playing with people I know really well because some of the shit that is said and done in that game is just so wtf. Western games just always feel right, from Europe to the USA they artistic and scripting differences can vary but they always maintain a level of believability, such as "yeah thats kind of understandable". Ironic as it may seem due to the convoluted plot lines a lot of major games might have nowadays...

I could go on and on about the state of gaming and cultural influences

the other is MGS V

i'm saying that when some mystery studio announced "The Phantom Pain" it was blatantly obvious it was MGS V... in the actual announcement they (Kojima) acted like it was some big surprise.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/mar/27/metal-gear-solid-5-phantom-pain-news?CMP=twt_fd

the other is MGS V

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/mar/27/metal-gear-solid-5-phantom-pain-news?CMP=twt_fd

http://m.joystiq.com/2013/03/27/ground-zeroes-is-the-prologue-portion-of-metal-gear-solid-5/?post=2&icid=joystiq_home_latest_art

gg

the other is MGS V

http://www.guardian....news?CMP=twt_fd

http://m.joystiq.com...home_latest_art

gg

ZugNA.gif

Oh you know exactly what I am talking about. Japanese gaming always has a certain feel to it regardless of the genre, from voice scripting to voice acting, animation to body language and gesturing and especially they way they utilize visual effects, camera work, and camera angles you can definitely distinguish a japanese game from a western game. Its even WORSE when a japanese game tries to be western as was the trend for a few years when the japanese gaming market started to tank a bit.

It all just feels so... fake and melodramatic. I cant take it seriously and I cant make it through one japanese game without some extreme cringe factor popping up. Its like just to pop in fucking Tekken Tag 2 I have to make sure nobody is watching or Im playing with people I know really well because some of the shit that is said and done in that game is just so wtf. Western games just always feel right, from Europe to the USA they artistic and scripting differences can vary but they always maintain a level of believability, such as "yeah thats kind of understandable". Ironic as it may seem due to the convoluted plot lines a lot of major games might have nowadays...

you just care too much. its a game have some fun, care less.

Guest Fohacidal

you just care too much. its a game have some fun, care less.

I still play some of them, just saying man; Its like an itch I cant scratch sometimes.