Sign in to follow this  
TheDentist

Sneak peak at the newest sG created map: jb_jungle_beta

Was this jump drug did so ridiculous I don't need to find a fix for it? Someone else got over the wall during a ninja freeday.... I don't plan on extending invisible walls all the way to the sky, but I'll fix the obvious problems, so far they seem like people trying to find things (which I appreciate and us the point of beta!), let me know if you think it's something I should look into fixing

If it is an exploit, no matter how ridiculous, you should have it fixed.

Do you have a large box with the skybox texture around the entire map, including below?

Yes, those mountains are the de_aztec skybox texture

Not sure how crazy drug's jump was, didn't see it.

So far, I've noticed some things that get annoying while rabbling:

- cts not with their team (often at disco) make it hard to use the back vent

- cts staring at the roof of the back hut

Not sure how crazy drug's jump was, didn't see it.

So far, I've noticed some things that get annoying while rabbling:

- cts not with their team (often at disco) make it hard to use the back vent

- cts staring at the roof of the back hut

if you spawn in that vent cell you should be able to beat them to the hut thoguh right? do you mean by the time you get out and have a gun they're all back there and shit? i don't know how the map could change to fix that besides CTs not being cocks

Yeah after looking at it there is no reason for that gap between the wall and skybox to be there. Also, disco shouldn't be heard through the entire map. First couple things I noticed.

Yeah after looking at it there is no reason for that gap between the wall and skybox to be there. Also, disco shouldn't be heard through the entire map. First couple things I noticed.

I disagree. It should be that way only if the music is way too loud (like outdoor jail). Otherwise I like to hear the music when cts arent talking. When they are talking on jungle, I cant hear the music at all. So no reason to fix something that doesnt need fixing.

I disagree. It should be that way only if the music is way too loud (like outdoor jail). Otherwise I like to hear the music when cts arent talking. When they are talking on jungle, I cant hear the music at all. So no reason to fix something that doesnt need fixing.

It may be a personal preference thing, but when you have the ability to make the music quieter when you are further away from the source, it seems strange to make the music the same volume wherever you go. It also gets annoying when CTs love to spam the music so no matter where I am I have to listen to the songs at a constant volume.

It may be a personal preference thing, but when you have the ability to make the music quieter when you are further away from the source, it seems strange to make the music the same volume wherever you go. It also gets annoying when CTs love to spam the music so no matter where I am I have to listen to the songs at a constant volume.

Simple fix; when a CT hits a disco button, they die.

Lol. Is jungle boogie reallllly worth it

Edited by TheDentist

Lol. Is jungle boogie reallllly worth it

yes it is

Especially since some people have such awful music on their maps. :P

Dentist: I only got to play jungle for a few rounds today so I didn't get a chance to check out the games, but I noticed a few textures clipping (z-fighting because there are two brush faces at the same place) and that a texture in the toilet model was missing from the bsp.

Was this jump drug did so ridiculous I don't need to find a fix for it?

I jumped from the wall in front of race to the box on the right side of it. I was purposefully looking for jumps to get to spots you shouldn't.

Dentist: I only got to play jungle for a few rounds today so I didn't get a chance to check out the games, but I noticed a few textures clipping (z-fighting because there are two brush faces at the same place) and that a texture in the toilet model was missing from the bsp.

thorgot - that toilet thing is annoying. It's a new prop_static from the cs_militia map, I'm not sure how to make that look like water. The other toilet options are too... clean? Like the toilets are immaculate. I actually prefer the missing texture to the bright porcelain white toilet model hahaha

With the clipping yeah I've noticed it too, most of the spots I can't find a problem, it's very frustrating. In the back vent towards the cabin there is a non-solid texture of the grass inexplicably at the end of the vent... I can't find it to save my life in SDK and have no idea where it's coming from.

I will say this though - from my first attempt through 3rd attempt at map making I made huge leaps and bounds in optimization and cleaning stuff like that up. Unfortunately some of it still made it to final beta.

One thing that really helped (esp with compile time while testing) was building all the game individually and then deleting the skybox and floor and copy-pasting it into the level. It offered much easier to test compiling speeds, but it made some clipping issues more difficult while importing huge games from the blue and trying to gently place them into a map.

On my drive to indianapolis yesterday evening (3 hours) I came up with some interesting game ideas I'm excited to try to build in SDK over the next couple weeks that may be able to be ported into jb_jungle to give it some more original games, though some may be a stretch for a jungle theme.

Thanks for the feedback!

Was this jump drug did so ridiculous I don't need to find a fix for it?

I jumped from the wall in front of race to the box on the right side of it. I was purposefully looking for jumps to get to spots you shouldn't.

I figured that might be what you did after I looked at the map again in that area. I'll probably move that block you jumped onto further back towards the back of race so the jump is impossible.

How dare you, sir.

Do you have a large box with the skybox texture around the entire map, including below?

Totally missed this. No, I am talking about the actual skybox texture (the blue box that says "skybox" on it). If you just made a hollowed out box and had gaps between that and the wall, then you would have an issue. If you put the edge of the skybox where the edge of the outer wall is, you won't have an issue with people jumping out of the map.

Edited by Christmas

How dare you, sir.

Totally missed this. No, I am talking about the actual skybox texture (the blue box that says "skybox" on it). If you just made a hollowed out box and had gaps between that and the wall, then you would have an issue. If you put the edge of the skybox where the edge of the outer wall is, you won't have an issue with people jumping out of the map.

Yes there is a skybox. It is impossible to jump "out of the map". People are having problems keeping either 1) over the outer wall, in some places I have a wall and then some grass before it finally hits the skybox, or they get stuck/lost behind games. I tried to restrict people from going behind and around all the games because they could literally hide back there for hours without being found, so I have boxes and map props blocking the way. Some of them have proven to not be enough to stop the likes of drug.

Have you played the map? I think you'd understand what I'm talking about (and know there was a skybox) if you had loaded it before !

Just one little issue with the climb, theres like a invisible wall or something on the 2nd half of it, sometimes you get through it sometimes you dont.

Which part of climb? There aren't any invisible walls in the way (Drug would've punched my taint), perhaps you're hitting the CT walkway?