Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Ace's PC Build

oh yeah forgot, If you are just gonna be playing games on the computer you could save some money by going Ivy Bridge and changing some other stuff.

So something like this which should definitely keep you closer to your budget.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($103.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($239.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($104.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($189.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($475.91 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair 860W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($209.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $1746.84

So, basically, get a better GPU.

Also, this is an amazing case:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=242&area=en

Edited by Blackmanvoice

I just want to say welcome back to the forums you sexy man c; nohomo

Haha thanks man, I don't know if I am back for long doe

Seems pretty legit. Small things I might change, but just personal preference.

Peripherals probably? I loved my old mamba and I only got rid of it because I wanted something more portable. I also just want a decent keyboard that I can take over to my bed when I connect my PC to my tv for epic Netflix adventures, I don't really need a gaming keyboard. But yeah, thanks!

Fucking pcpartpicker

Come in me.

oh yeah forgot, If you are just gonna be playing games on the computer you could save some money by going Ivy Bridge and changing some other stuff.

So something like this which should definitely keep you closer to your budget.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($329.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80 92.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($103.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($239.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($104.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($189.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($475.91 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair 860W 80 PLUS Platinum Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($209.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $1746.84

So, basically, get a better GPU.

I was thinking about this:

http://www.amazon.co.../?tag=pcpapi-20

Do I need a higher-wattage power supply though, or is 750W enough?

Edited by Ace

Guest Fohacidal

Also Id recommend evga cards all the time over anything else. Warranty and quality wise you can never go wrong, plus its the only thing evga has never fucked up (im looking at you evga x79 boards)

I'm looking at a 670 FTW, myself. I think there was a thread somewhere on here talking about how when you overclock a 670 it performs as well as a 680.

But, I would go with 860W if I were you. I don't know how much power consumption your computer will actually require. That said, from my understanding, you want the power consumption to be significantly lower than the capacity of the PSU. In the long run it will be cheaper because the lifespan will drastically be increased, and if they get weird they can destroy everything in your computer, so I wouldn't cut any corners. But, I'm sure there are much more knowledgeable people you can talk to on the forums before making a decision.

Edited by Blackmanvoice

Guest Fohacidal

I'm looking at a 670 FTW, myself. I think there was a thread somewhere on here talking about how when you overclock a 670 it performs as well as a 680.

But, I would go with 860W if I were you. I don't know how much power consumption your computer will actually require. That said, from my understanding, you want the power consumption to be significantly lower than the capacity of the PSU. In the long run it will be cheaper because the lifespan will drastically be increased, and if they get weird they can destroy everything in your computer, so I wouldn't cut any corners. But, I'm sure there are much more knowledgeable people you can talk to on the forums before making a decision.

If it means anything the 670 ftw uses the same PCB as the 680

Welcome back, you should give me your remaining money, I'm in a very bad financial position.

I'll pay you for sex

I'll take whatever I can, buddy.

Nice build overall, but like Foh/Doj I have my own brand preferences. I'd always go EVGA/ASUS/MSI/GIGABYTE for motherboards, ASRock has given me 2-3 DOAs and I just got fed up and asked for a refund altogether. Crucial is w/e, I'm a Corsair fanboy. Seagate HD could be replaced out with a better WD one and MSI for EVGA.

TL;DR - I'm a fanboy of certain brands fuck youuuuu

Decent Monitor, wtf Keyboard did you choose that has a touchpad.

M-Audios are nice speakers, I have an AV40 just sitting in my closet, but it really had it;s run.

Guest Fohacidal

Nice build overall, but like Foh/Doj I have my own brand preferences. I'd always go EVGA/ASUS/MSI/GIGABYTE for motherboards, ASRock has given me 2-3 DOAs and I just got fed up and asked for a refund altogether. Crucial is w/e, I'm a Corsair fanboy. Seagate HD could be replaced out with a better WD one and MSI for EVGA.

M-Audios are nice speakers, I have an AV40 just sitting in my closet, but it really had it;s run.

EVGA cards are far superior to MSI cards (videocards)

EVGA cards are far superior to MSI cards (videocards)

said I would swap out his MSI for an EVGA

Guest Fohacidal

Its the way you worded "msi for evga"

mail them to me pls

pay for shipping and handling and we may have a deal

mail them to me pls

pay for shipping and handling and we may have a deal

Lol I'll just drive to Irvine XD