Sign in to follow this  
porknchili

Samsung Galaxy S4

samsunggs4-eng.jpg

Yeah, Samsung just set the bar REALLY high at Samsung Unpacked 2013.

Features:

- 5 inch 1080p (1920x1080) Super AMOLED Display with 441ppi.

- 1.6GHz Exynos Octa-core or a 1.9GHz Quad Core Snapdragon (most likely a 600) depending on the region

- 13MP rear camera/2MP front camera

- 2GB RAM

- 16GB Storage (Available in 32GB and 64GB as well)

- MicroSD slot

- 7.9mm Thin

- Poly carbonate body

- 2600mAh battery

- Gorilla Glass 3

- Android 4.2.2

- 4G LTE

- Bluetooth 4.0 + LE

- NFC

- IR Blaster

- Slightly smaller dimensions than the S3 (The S4 is 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm while the S3 is 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm )

- And A LOT of software features

I was considering the HTC One, but Samsung didn't disappoint and swayed my wallet towards an S4. Also, despite the 5in screen, its dimensions are actually slightly smaller than the S3 which is a HUGE plus.

More Info here.

Comparison of the S4 and the S3 here.

Looks like one hell of a phone.

I swear it has better specs than my first laptop....

Personally, I like the GS IV because there's an app, S Health, that is capable of checking blood sugar. Now, this benefits me, because I've been type 1 diabetic since I was 3, so if it proves to accurate enough to replace my meter, I'm sold. I have the S II now, and I love it. But I feel like the S IV isn't that much of an of an improvement over the S III. My biggest problem with it is the 2600miliamp battery. The S II has a 1650, so its an obvious improvement., yet the S IV has a bigger screen and overall more hardware to handle, meaning we'd be lucky to get through the day with half brightness and wifi on. If the next Google Nexus phone has these features, but more battery, I'm definetily getting the Nexus.

Ive still got the S2. I'd love to have either of the new devices. I'm still loving my S2 which I've just recently rooted for hotshot and to uninstall some of the bloat ware.

Man could you send me a link to a safe root? I want Jelly Bean on my S2. Fucking AT&T takes forever to get those fireware updates out. I'm familiar with the jailbreaking process of iPhones, but they're shit so no need to do that anymore. Let me know, add me on Steam if you're willing to help me out.

The root I used was for the sprint version. It was a pain to find. I had the triangle error a few times before I got it right. I also bricked one but thankfully sprint replaced it.

[quote name=I Am Mr. Big ((:))+<' timestamp='1364507537' post='696044]

Personally, I like the GS IV because there's an app, S Health, that is capable of checking blood sugar. Now, this benefits me, because I've been type 1 diabetic since I was 3, so if it proves to accurate enough to replace my meter, I'm sold. I have the S II now, and I love it. But I feel like the S IV isn't that much of an of an improvement over the S III. My biggest problem with it is the 2600miliamp battery. The S II has a 1650, so its an obvious improvement., yet the S IV has a bigger screen and overall more hardware to handle, meaning we'd be lucky to get through the day with half brightness and wifi on. If the next Google Nexus phone has these features, but more battery, I'm definetily getting the Nexus.

[quote name=I Am Mr. Big ((:))+<' timestamp='1364507653' post='696046]

Ive still got the S2. I'd love to have either of the new devices. I'm still loving my S2 which I've just recently rooted for hotshot and to uninstall some of the bloat ware.

Man could you send me a link to a safe root? I want Jelly Bean on my S2. Fucking AT&T takes forever to get those fireware updates out. I'm familiar with the jailbreaking process of iPhones, but they're shit so no need to do that anymore. Let me know, add me on Steam if you're willing to help me out.

There is an edit button, and a multiquote button, just letting you know