Sign in to follow this  
Yürei

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

This game has been out since October of last year but I recently just got it

The game is for the PS Vita and 3DS and is a mixture of visual novel and puzzle solving

You can choose between japanese audio and english audio too =3

Story : Sigma, the main character, is kidnapped and awakens in an elevator with a girl named Phi, who seems to know him. Zero III, a talking rabbit, appears on a computer monitor in front of them and tells them they must escape the elevator; the pair find themselves in an abandoned warehouse alongside seven other people.Their goal is to escape the building. However, they find themselves enrolled in a game known as the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition, which relies on a system called "Bracelet Points" ("BP"), which are won by cooperating with or betraying other players. A player is allowed to leave the warehouse if only they possess nine or more BP; however, if a player's BP reach zero, they are killed by a lethal injection. (copied for Wikipedia cause i'm too lazy to explain it myself)

its pretty interesting and has multiple ending and paths you can take, so if you have a vita or 3ds, you should consider getting this game if you don't mind reading half the time and puzzle solving the other half.

Also there is a prequel which is called 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors which is for the DS

this was a serious contender for GOTY 2012 for me. I liked the story of the first one more but the gameplay in the second is much, much better.

Also, you DO need to play the first to get much of the dialogue in the second. It's not "just a prequel"

For example, Tenmyouji actually turns out to be (SPOILERS!)

Junpei, the protagonist from 999, player of the first Nonary Game where all the doors had numbers

so when he sees Door Q, he says "Well, now someone's just being a smartass." if you hadn't played 999 you wouldn't get it

Edited by Doctor KGame

I too loved this game. It was pretty friggin cool, no matter how many nightmares the prequel 999 gave me.

bro, if you got nightmares from 999, I'd hate to see you watch a horror movie. Sure, it did have psychological horror sections, but aside from the Axe or Sub endings, nothing was really *that* scary.

Worst trailer I've ever seen.

this is true... there are better trailers for this game. The best trailer, though, would be downloading 999 and playing it in an emulator. Or just watching the True Ending on YouTube. tl;dr version:

999: take one part Saw and Jigsaw-like situations, one part classic point-and-click adventure games or escape the room puzzles, one part watching a movie, that all turns out to be a complex sci-fi story involving teleportation, cryogenic sleep, time travel, and telepathy.

VLR: the same thing, except 30-something endings instead of 6, and add a Prisoner's Dilemma/Survivor like vote-off-the-island system except whoever gets "voted off" in the Prisoner's Dillema situation dies. It's realllllllly complex. It's amazing though.

Edited by Doctor KGame