Sign in to follow this  
shikaku

Walking Dead VS Breaking Bad

35 members have voted

1. 1. Walking Dead VS Breaking Bad

• Walking Dead
    • Breaking Bad

You guys fucking kidding me? There is absolutely no debate here! Breaking bad is 10x better. The acting and writing is better all around. I could go on and on, but I couldn't possibly address all of the things that make Breaking Bad the perfect TV show. Yeah, sure, The world is more interesting in TWD, but when all of your characters are retarded and don't make sense, you're going to have a bad time. You can always tell who has read the comics when you discuss TWD because those who have weep for what could have been. The TV show has butchered a FANTASTIC source material. When you sit all of the tv characters up next to their comic analogues, you only find disappointment. They've made Rick into an emotional retard (this happens in the comics, but he is still in control while he fights his demons. You never go full retard), Andrea has been completely wasted, they killed off Dale (one of their only non-retarded characters), and Michonne is literally just a blade. "Oh I could resolve all of this mistrust simply by SPEAKING? Nah, I'll just stay silent." I don't understand how you people can sit through the 2nd season of TWD and not agree that it is a huge waste of time. The Walking Dead comics are better, the video game is better. The only reason I still watch TWD on occasion is because I pray that eventually the writers may have a random epiphany and figure out how to live up to the name of the TV show. And Daryl. He's the one bright spot on the show.

Edited by Longcat

Having watched neither, I think game of thrones is clearly better than both.

Believe it or not, I'd actually say Breaking Bad is better than Game of Thrones, though Game of Thrones is fucking sweet too.

As you can tell by my Avatar, I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones, but Breaking Bad grasps my attention much more greatly than Game of Thrones does, they are both great shows, with great characters and writing, but Breaking Bad is within my top 3 shows by far. I highly recommend Breaking Bad to anyone who likes the suspenseful drama type of shows.

Edited by Marine

As you can tell by my Avatar, I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones, but Breaking Bad grasps my attention much more greatly than Game of Thrones does, they are both great shows, with great characters and writing, but Breaking Bad is within my top 3 shows by far. I highly recommend Breaking Bad to anyone who likes the suspenseful drama type of shows.

Ya ive heard lots about the show but idk it doesnt really make me want to watch it. Californication is on my top 5 for sure, probably because of david duchovny (i really like him in that role) plus all the naked girls. but Game of thrones is up there as well (with psych, monk[i miss that show] and how it's made[science channel ftmfw])

i cant get into walking dead though, i tried to watch a whole episode and i got so bored i started to play chess on my phone instead =/

i cant get into walking dead though, i tried to watch a whole episode and i got so bored i started to play chess on my phone instead =/

That is a good call. The first season is decent, but then the 2nd season is the most ungodly boring single season of TV I've ever watched. Third season is just disappointing. It takes a lot of patience, and like I said, I only watch in hopes that it will someday live up to its source material.

Edited by Longcat

Ya ive heard lots about the show but idk it doesnt really make me want to watch it. Californication is on my top 5 for sure, probably because of david duchovny (i really like him in that role) plus all the naked girls. but Game of thrones is up there as well (with psych, monk[i miss that show] and how it's made[science channel ftmfw])

The Walking Dead is good for what it is(EXCEPT THE FUCKING SECOND SEASON) but for how I'd rate shows from what you've listed, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Californication, The Walking Dead. Although, Californication has been lacking a plot line, ever since Hank was found innocent in the trial with Mia, and it just feels like that's what held a lot of the show together, so lately I've been much more interested in The Walking Dead, but from start to finish, Californication has my attention more. I recommend watching the first episode of Breaking Bad, and if you don't like it, then at least you've got the jist of it and gave it somewhat of a chance, since the first episode really wraps up what the show will be like.

The Walking Dead is good for what it is(EXCEPT THE FUCKING SECOND SEASON) but for how I'd rate shows from what you've listed, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Californication, The Walking Dead. Although, Californication has been lacking a plot line, ever since Hank was found innocent in the trial with Mia, and it just feels like that's what held a lot of the show together, so lately I've been much more interested in The Walking Dead, but from start to finish, Californication has my attention more. I recommend watching the first episode of Breaking Bad, and if you don't like it, then at least you've got the jist of it and gave it somewhat of a chance, since the first episode really wraps up what the show will be like.

hmm some day, probably will. but yeah, i watch californication for laughs and boobs anyway. Plus david duchovny is one of my favorite actors (i fell in love with x-files at an early age) and his role as hank is just hilarious to me.

I watch walking dead, I don't mind it but i can tell it is not produced well.

did you guys like this weeks' episode of TWD? it was like one of the few great ones in season 3. the dude who wrote/directed it is going to be the new showrunner for season 4. this makes me very happy.

also you all don't clear

It annoys me that in Breaking Bad Walt's character took a complete shift this season from the season before. That is, he used to be a flawed but relatable character that you could root for in certain circumstances, but immediately at the beginning of Season 5 he just became a complete piece of shit with no time in between to transition. I guess it was necessary to happen at some point, but I think that was handled really poorly, and that among other reasons are why Season 5 is the worst season of BrBa so far, despite having some really amazing scenes (The train heist, the prison murders.)

Edited by Dyscivist

It annoys me that in Breaking Bad Walt's character took a complete shift this season from the season before. That is, he used to be a flawed but relatable character that you could root for in certain circumstances, but immediately at the beginning of Season 5 he just became a complete piece of shit with no time in between to transition. I guess it was necessary to happen at some point, but I think that was handled really poorly, and that among other reasons are why Season 5 is the worst season of BrBa so far, despite having some really amazing scenes (The train heist, the prison murders.)

Yeah, I didn't care for season 5 as much, despite the great scenes. Hopefully the last season will tie things up greatly.

I felt that killing Gus was a huge turning point for him, and is what pushed him to become what he is now in season 5. Even at the very end of season 4, during his call with Skyler, you can tell he's already changed.

And even though he's a total asshole now, I can't help but root for Walt still. Even if he does shit that pisses me off.

I felt that killing Gus was a huge turning point for him, and is what pushed him to become what he is now in season 5. Even at the very end of season 4, during his call with Skyler, you can tell he's already changed.

That's true, but his moral decay was not showcased very well. The transition from a flawed character to a complete sociopathic fuckface was not well handled, in my opinion. I mean, for the rest of the seasons you see him slowly degenerate to the point that he was at before the events ending Season 4, from him strangling that dude with the bike lock to him letting Jessie's junkie girlfriend die, sacrificing the life of a bystander in an attempt to save his virtual son in Jesse, to having Gale killed to save his own life. You can really see him struggle with what he's doing, and it makes him an interesting character. Then they seemed to just realize that there was only one season left and just go "Okay, well he's a piece of shit now." It really took me out of the show and destroyed the development of Walt's character, and it makes the show a lot weaker.

I've been much more invested in Jesse's well-being for a while now, but I still kinda root for Walt.

Edited by Dyscivist

Walking Dead was incredibly boring to me, no matter how hard I tried, I could never get into it. The whole zombie apocalypse story has been played out so many times. Just because it's a TV show doesn't make it any more original. But Breaking Bad was awesome, original and interesting and I watched four seasons in like a month.

Edited by aerokopf

I agree with Nova on this, that getting rid of Gus was the breaking point for him, since he could be in control of the business and finally build his empire, so that he no longer regrets living a normal life, rather than rich, simply because he become uninvested in the company. I feel like after he poisoned Brock, that it was his final moral standing going away, considering his rule with Gus was "No children" yet he did it himself. I personally didn't think any less of the first half of season 5.