Sign in to follow this  
Noodle

Dishonored...

I know it's been like.... five months since it was released. But I just got it today and I'm loving it! Too bad I suck at just about any game that requires stealth... or skill...

Try playing the game without killing anyone. It's really fun.

I don't kill anyone always. Rats freak me out ;,,;

Yeah, I'm on Easy Mode right now and Im just rampaging through blowing shit up XD

Im gonna try going through and getting all the runes and shit and do all the optional things >.> and try not to kill anyone

the only thing that was hard in the game was doing a no-kill playthrough on hard.. specifically the battle against Granny

spoiler

you a feg

ruining the fun for other people

DONT WORRY DUDE FORGET ABOUT THE GRANNY THING

Try playing the game without killing anyone. It's really fun annoying.

FTFY.

I honestly had to force myself to play like that because I wanted to see what the 'good ending' was. Both endings were shit anyway.

Edited by aerokopf

I'm dredging up this topic because I just got around to playing this game and I have to vent. Dishonored fucking blew, storywise. Not only was the game terribly predictable, it fails miserably in storytelling. SPOILERS DURRR. You're immersed in a decently interesting steampunk world full of plague and superstition regarding "The Outsider". Do you ever get to find anything out about the outsider? No. Despite him showing up randomly throughout the game to spout irrelevant nonsense about your progress, and his name being on every fucking wall in the game, the character is never explored. Do you ever get to do anything about the plague? Nope. Despite one of the "Endings" showing Piero and Sokolov teaming up to handle the plague, that couldnt be something that you participated in during the game. Like, send Corvo off on a side mission to gather some materials and nonlethally capture some really bad weepers so they can do some tests? And of course, I put quotation marks around the word ending a couple of sentences ago because those endings BARELY pass. You see a really shitty cutscene and the Outsider narrates your future. On par with the ending of KOTOR 2, just really fucking disappointing. Not to mention the pseudo-morality the developers try to force upon you. "You don't get the good ending unless you tried not to kill the people trying to kill you and supporting a tyrant!" My god how naive and stupid that writing was. I honestly can't believe Bethesda published it. I would be embarassed to have such a well known name attached to such a crap story.

I'm going to go play Arkham Asylum.

EDIT: AND FUCK SAM THE BOATMAN. What in the fuck was up with that. You know you've done a hack job of your writing when 90% of your players just get randomly blindsided by a complete reversal of character dynamic in the last half hour. "I've been beside you supporting everything you do this whole game and I thought enough of you to save you when the chips were down." Fastforward an hour later "You're a terrible piece of shit just like the rest of them and I hope you die and I'm going to alert everyone to your presence." I'm glad I shot him in the fucking face.

Edited by Longcat

Guest Fohacidal

I played on the hardest difficulty and it was too easy, and I'm not even historically good at stealth games. The powers just make it ridiculous.

By the second half depending on how well you picked your powers you can steamroll through everything, stealth or not.

-snip-

Not to mention it was all of 7 hours gameplay to get through it. Biggest disappointment was that you could blink away from any fight at any point and be okay in about 45 seconds.