Sign in to follow this  
UltaPonch

Airshows

Nope.

3/1/2013 - WASHINGTON (AFNS) -- As the Air Force braces for potential sequester, leadership has cancelled all aviation support to public events for at least the remainder of the fiscal year and is standing down the Thunderbirds aerial demonstration team to save flying hours to support readiness needs.

Effective today, active-duty, Reserve and Guard units will cease all aviation support to the public. This includes the cancellation of support to all air shows, tradeshows, flyovers (including funerals and military graduations), orientation flights, heritage flights, F-22 demonstration flights and open houses, unless the event includes only local static assets.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123338424

And we can't cut food stamps?

Yes I know some people need food stamps, but when I worked in a grocery store, these fucking bums were eating lobster and ribs on EBT.

And when they had to pay for their alcohol, out came the wad of $100's to pay for the rest.

I DON'T EVEN EAT THAT AND I'M MIDDLE CLASS!

Edited by Skotti

This is unwelcome news, I fly to EAA Airventure every year which is supported by the National Guard and the Air Force. This will surely impact the event :(

Edited by The Doctor Zed

Wait.. so no blue angels show this year??? T-T

I'll be really upset if that's so, I go to Macdill air force base every year with my family to watch the blue angels, It's a tradition of ours. I really hope that it doesn't get cut also. :S

The Blue Angels have been grounded until further notice when it comes to shows. They're working out the budget cuts and trying to see how it's going to work out.

Edited by Oreo

And we can't cut food stamps?

Yes I know some people need food stamps, but when I worked in a grocery store, these fucking bums were eating lobster and ribs on EBT.

And when they had to pay for their alcohol, out came the wad of $100's to pay for the rest.

I DON'T EVEN EAT THAT AND I'M MIDDLE CLASS!

I think this is the main issue with this country. We have so many entitlements and while the ones for military service I can agree with its the people that abuse the food stamp system and other related systems as well that piss me off. Those systems were set up for people in need. If people are doing stuff like that I don't think that it is much as a need more that they are too lazy to go out and get a real job. I think there needs to be tougher screening for these systems like job rehab and personal management classes so people don't live their life off of welfare.

Edited by Lv. 100 Latias