Sign in to follow this  
Arrkham

Best video game ever made?

Best game ever made: Final Fantas VII, hands down, without a doubt.

I wouldn't call it the best game ever made, but FF7 and 8 are at the top of my favorite games list.

I liked some of the games from the LoZ series. Ocarina and Twilight might be my favorites from the series, I haven't even gotten half way through Skyward sword... I think. Can't get used to the gay controls. Didn't like Majora.

MGS series was always a fun time.

Majora, as a kid, fucking sucked. But with age, I have come to love the idea of having a finite amount of time to beat the game without a reset, not to mention all the cool little hidden events that happen at certain times. And ya, totally agree, fuck the new gay controls, gotten halfway thru both twilight and skyward sword.

how the fuck do you even quantify what the "best" game is? I might really fucking love Audiosurf but it sure as shit isn't the best game ever

How about what you think is the best then smart guy.

Majora, as a kid, fucking sucked. But with age, I have come to love the idea of having a finite amount of time to beat the game without a reset, not to mention all the cool little hidden events that happen at certain times. And ya, totally agree, fuck the new gay controls, gotten halfway thru both twilight and skyward sword.

I got Twilight on gamecube, so I played it with normal controls. I think you can stick a gamecube controller into the Wii version and play with a controller too, not sure though.

I got Twilight on gamecube, so I played it with normal controls. I think you can stick a gamecube controller into the Wii version and play with a controller too, not sure though.

Same, made it fun for me. I couldn't fathom playing with a wii controller.

Playing it on game cube made it seem similar to ocarina of time.

how the fuck do you even quantify what the "best" game is? I might really fucking love Audiosurf but it sure as shit isn't the best game ever

You can't really complain about the classification of best under the auspices of it not being clearly defined and then say something definitely doesn't fall under it.

but it must be good if people think so.

Counterpoint: People like Jersey Shore.

Well then I will just have to try it out myself.

You can't really complain about the classification of best under the auspices of it not being clearly defined and then say something definitely doesn't fall under it.

hahaha I guess that's true

I just beat Bioshock 2 and I really enjoyed it, the gameplay was good and the story was interesting enough. Although I didn't like that killing just one little sister was enough to get you the evil ending when in the previous game you had to kill several. Games rarely stay in my mind more than a couple months after I've beaten them though, so I can't really point to any one game when I've played like a hundred.

Hands down my favorite game of all time would be Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1+2. Halo 2 is pretty close behind and I can't categorize any other game with these 2 that I've played.

Hands down my favorite game of all time would be Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1+2. Halo 2 is pretty close behind and I can't categorize any other game with these 2 that I've played.

^He just won the internet

In no order:

• Garry's Mod (even though I realize it's not really a game, but I have over 1600 hours on it. Shit's fun)
  • the Half Life series, purely for the story.
  • Counter Strike series
  • Far Cry 3 was unexpectedly amazing.
  • Killing Floor (maybe)
  • used to spend a ridiculous amount of time on Golden Eye as a kid.
  • Fallout 3 & New Vegas
  • Beat Hazard

Spyro the dragon for ps1 anyone?

I absolutely loved Spyro on PS1 and Enter the Dragonfly on PS2. The newer ones though make me sad that Spyro as a series took such a downhill turn.

One of my top games, since you all have listed most of my others.

• TES:Morrowind
    • Game was buggy as all hell at times, but was beyond immersive and thoroughly enjoyable to play. Had to do with the lack of hand holding you got in Oblivion and Skyrim. What nonsense is this, you have to actually READ the quests to know what the fuck to do. BLASPHEMY.

Games that were beyond enjoyable to play, but unlikely to ever get a "best game" tag to them :

• Darksiders
    • I just loved the combat, and the theme here was presented in such a unique way that it was incredibly enjoyable

[*]Borderlands 1& 2:

• Good games, but both had inherent flaws and bugs. Great group game

[*]Portal

• Well fuck, I just love puzzle games, but people seem to love to hate on it :/

[*]Overlord Series:

• Was extremely fun, but inherently annoying at the same time. Would have probably been better on console rather than computer

[*]Need for Speed Series:

• Great series, I just loved the concept of it. Sadly got out dated and became a bit over hyped.

That's all I can think of off hand, but considering most of my top games have already been listed, such as LoZ series, TES (I love lore, so this is was heaven)

• Darksiders
    • I just loved the combat, and the theme here was presented in such a unique way that it was incredibly enjoyable

I found Darksiders to get really old really fast because of the combat :| I think Prototype did a better job with its combat.

• Portal
    • Well fuck, I just love puzzle games, but people seem to love to hate on it :/

WAIT, THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE PORTAL? WHAT THE FUCK