Sign in to follow this  
Arrkham

Best video game ever made?

• Portal
    • Well fuck, I just love puzzle games, but people seem to love to hate on it :/

The original Portal is a fantastic game. It's isolated and perfect for what it has to be. The only thing people don't like about it is the fanbase and their relentless stupid "cake is a lie" jokes, which is something that should be hated on because it's obnoxious as fuck and ruins what was a tiny self-sufficient nugget of humor in the game completely.

• Portal

The original Portal is a fantastic game. It's isolated and perfect for what it has to be. The only thing people don't like about it is the fanbase and their relentless stupid "cake is a lie" jokes, which is something that should be hated on because it's obnoxious as fuck and ruins what was a tiny self-sufficient nugget of humor in the game completely.

http://thecakeisalie.com/

Portal 1 was a great game, but I was disappointed of how short it was. Portal 2 was even better. Same great game with the orange and blue gel stuff, and a long campaign.

• Portal

http://thecakeisalie.com/

Portal 1 was a great game, but I was disappointed of how short it was. Portal 2 was even better. Same great game with the orange and blue gel stuff, and a long campaign.

That link is just proving Dys' point

I just learned the other day that Half-Life and Portal are set in the same universe...

Not sure how much you know yet, but it's actually going to be plot-changing. SPOILERS BELOW:

At the end of Half-Life 2: Episode 2, you find out that you have to go after an Aperture Science ship (The name escapes me). Meanwhile, in Portal 2, there is a secret room in the campaign that is a dock for the same ship (The name appears again), and you get an achievement for finding it. It's not the hardest thing to find, but it's pretty freakin' awesome.

Guest Fohacidal

I just learned the other day that Half-Life and Portal are set in the same universe...

Not sure how much you know yet, but it's actually going to be plot-changing. SPOILERS BELOW:

At the end of Half-Life 2: Episode 2, you find out that you have to go after an Aperture Science ship (The name escapes me). Meanwhile, in Portal 2, there is a secret room in the campaign that is a dock for the same ship (The name appears again), and you get an achievement for finding it. It's not the hardest thing to find, but it's pretty freakin' awesome.

The borealis I think, and thats if another HL game is ever released

You are correct sir, and I want to believe

Maybe the chick from portal and freeman will fuck, make alyx jealous and kill them both in a fit of passion. the end.

Valve needs to hire you, they would be able to bust HL3 out in no time with your simple yet fucked up plot.

You are correct sir, and I want to believe

They have a lot to live up to. Not saying they can't, but it will take time, and I think they will postpone it for as long as it takes to make it good.