Sign in to follow this  
aerokopf

IT IS FEBRUARY 10, 2013 ON A SUNDAY.

Bro they told you a half truth. Saying you'll get E-4 "after" A-school is like saying I'll make O-6 after my first assignment. Its going to happen, but not on the timeframe you're thinking. Have you seen your contract AND where does it say E-4?

Sorry, I phrased it wrong. What I mean is, I automatically advance to E-4 so long as I finish A-school and meet the required time enlisted to be promoted. For example, if I finish A-school before the required time to be E-4, then I won't get promoted until I do. I have a couple copies of my contract but I can't find them right now.

I don't think you understand how it works. If someone has a pulse and shows up to work on time, they will make E-4 regardless. That's like saying he killed a hobo and received a DUI, but since you finished A-school you will be promoted to E-4. It REALLY doesn't happen that way. As long as you stay out of trouble and do the bare minimum (ie: finish A-school) you will make E-4. I think your recruited misrepresented the concept or you misunderstood the requirements of E-4. I would REALLY talk to your recruiter before its too late to amend your contract. You have about 6 months before you officially join the Navy. I would get started...

I'm not really too worried about money, all I really joined the military for was to fund college. But the next time I speak to him is on Wednesday, so I'll mention it.

Bro they told you a half truth. Saying you'll get E-4 "after" A-school is like saying I'll make O-6 after my first assignment. Its going to happen, but not on the timeframe you're thinking. Have you seen your contract AND where does it say E-4?

Sorry, I phrased it wrong. What I mean is, I automatically advance to E-4 so long as I finish A-school and meet the required time enlisted to be promoted. For example, if I finish A-school before the required time to be E-4, then I won't get promoted until I do. I have a couple copies of my contract but I can't find them right now.

I don't think you understand how it works. If someone has a pulse and shows up to work on time, they will make E-4 regardless. That's like saying he killed a hobo and received a DUI, but since you finished A-school you will be promoted to E-4. It REALLY doesn't happen that way. As long as you stay out of trouble and do the bare minimum (ie: finish A-school) you will make E-4. I think your recruited misrepresented the concept or you misunderstood the requirements of E-4. I would REALLY talk to your recruiter before its too late to amend your contract. You have about 6 months before you officially join the Navy. I would get started...

I'm not really too worried about money, all I really joined the military for was to fund college. But the next time I speak to him is on Wednesday, so I'll mention it.

Its great for college! There are decent amount of ppl in the clan who are in the military. I would hit them up for advice. Recruiters lie alot and often.

Its great for college! There are decent amount of ppl in the clan who are in the military. I would hit them up for advice. Recruiters lie alot and often.

If you want to know anything about basic, just let me know.

hi there, better late then never..

hi there.

If you want to know anything about basic, just let me know.

I absolutely will! I'll ask one thing now: how often do Petty Officers/Chiefs ask about creeds or general orders, etc.?

Will do, thank you!

Creed is rarely asked plus it's easy to remember. The orders are sometimes asked during inspections. Most questions asked are the chain of command.

....everybody I murder/aboose/rape on JB is joining up now...

logic test:

Let x be the set of all people bandito rapes

Let y be the set of all people

x = y

I eagerly await the full proof.

Welcome to the forums say isnt the Navy full of gay sailors? how bout that Army :D

A.R.M.Y.: Aren't Real Men Yet

I lol'd. What Chosen said as well

I lol'd. What Chosen said as well

I think he was being sarcastic. haha

No seriously, I've never heard that before.

BTW

Today at 5:00pm all Army Tuition Assistance has been suspended. This might be of great interest to all those who have enlisted recently or are looking to enlist. Soldiers can still use their GI Bill once they are eligible for continuing education once they are enlisted, but for now there will be no tuition assistance. This will most likely have an effect on recruitment as well as retention. Make sure when talking to a recruiter that you understand that any mention of tuition assistance in any brochures is not longer available
Edited by ChosenOne2000

No seriously' date=' I've never heard that before.

BTW

Today at 5:00pm all Army Tuition Assistance has been suspended. This might be of great interest to all those who have enlisted recently or are looking to enlist. Soldiers can still use their GI Bill once they are eligible for continuing education once they are enlisted, but for now there will be no tuition assistance. This will most likely have an effect on recruitment as well as retention. Make sure when talking to a recruiter that you understand that any mention of tuition assistance in any brochures is not longer available

wat. Is that just for the Army or the entire military?

No seriously' date=' I've never heard that before.

BTW

wat. Is that just for the Army or the entire military?

I don't know. Usually educational programs are DoD based not service based. I would ask your recruiter.

When the SECNAV came visiting our command couple weeks back, the question of TA being cut was asked and SEVNAV responded with saying that TA will not be cut so I hope what he says is true.