Sign in to follow this  
bulletford

TTT Rules explained/Tutorial

Alright, So I just got asked a ton of questions regarding the MOTD, So I've decided to write all the rules out and add some scenarios along with them.

Yellow = Important note

Red = Rules

Blue = punishments

Green = explainations

orange = Rulesets

UPDATE:2/15/2013; added goomba stomp as as a killable offense

Ruleset 1: Don't kill without a valid reason; Below are the reasons that you may kill for:

Deoxyribonucleic acid(DNA) - DNA is a perfect reason to kill someone, If you have DNA on an innocent and you've traced it to the killer, You MAY kill them, But be careful! they may have a reason!.

BE CAREFUL! Don't kill for DNA off of a traitors body!

Killing an innocent/detective - Simple, Whether you're innocent or traitor you can be called out for killing other players.

If you do not have a legitimate reason for killing somebody It can beconsidered RDM and you can be warned/slayed/banned.

Destroying HP Station or Traitor Tester - Destroying the health station and traitor tester is Traitorous, You can be killed for this!

You can be warned/and/or slayed If you destroy the HP or traitor tester repeatedly

Setting off traitor traps - Anything that can kill someone is traitorous and can instantly be killed for(Example: falling hammer trap on, laser trap, or explosive barrel trap all on richs)

You can be warned/and/or slayed/banned, This can considered RDM

KOSing someone who turns out to be inno - This is not the smartest reason to kill someone, I recommend not doing it often. If you KOS or kill someone who turns out to be an innocent, Everybody else has the legitmate ability to kill you.

If you are caught randomly KOSing somebody You can be warned/slayed/banned.

Carrying Explosive barrels, throwing discombobulators or incendiary grenades - While dangerous and a major cause for death in our poor TTT server carrying explosive barrels is extremely traitorous

and You can be killed for this

Throwing discombobulator grenades and Incendiary grenades are Traitorous, If you kill someone with these, It can be considered RDM and you can be punished

You can be warned/and/or slayed for throwing incendiarys/discombobulator grenades

You can be killed for carrying an explosive barrel

Shooting randomly, at props or people - Shooting randomly is also a major cause for death in our Poor TTT server, randomly shooting causes mass panic and Usually ends up in you Dying by a deagle shot to the face

You can be killed for this.

Not Iding a nearby body - When a person dies their body becomes Un-Identified, And they will not be shown on the scoreboard as KIA, Instead they will be MIA(Only traitors and dead can see MIA), The best way to narrow down the traitors is to IDentify any body that you find, While this helps your whole team It also helps you, If you are seen passing an Un-Identified body You can be legitmately Identified as a traitor and shot in the face.

You can be killed for this

Person claims to be a traitor, or is holding a traitor weapon. - If someone you see has called themself out as a traitor " I'm a traitor! " They can be legitmately killed, But REMEMBER, as said above if they turn out to be Innocent YOU CAN BE KILLED!

This is considered Traitor baiting and the person who called themselves out can be warned/and/or slayed for it.

Not responding to alive check in Overtime - After a certain amount of time has passed into the round(2-4minutes?) the timer will reset to 0:00 and it will be replaced with the words "OVER TIME" During this time the innocents cannot see the timer, whereas the Traitors can!

the amount of overtime is determined upon the amount of innocent deaths that have occured over the round

Each time an innocent dies time is added to the overtime counter.

During the overtime counter ther can be live checks, these checks can be called by any person at any time

If a live check is called(DURING overtime) and you DON'T answer You can be killed on sight.

If a live check is called BEFORE overtime and you don't answer You're safe.

You can be killed if you don't answer a live check during overtime, But not before.

Prop pushing - Prop pushing is when you use your magneto stick to pick up a prop and push it into somebody to move them.

You can be killed for prop pushing, If you Kill someone with this and we find out that you RDMed You will be warned/and/or slayed

Blocking - Blocking is intentionally standing in the walking path of another player, Blocking a doorway/ladder.

While you must be warned multiple times you can be killed for blocking.

Goomba stomping - Goomba stomping is when you jump off a building/cliff and land on somebody, which hurts/kills them.

You can be killed for Goomba stomping, If you Kill someone with this and we find out that you RDMed You will be warned/and/or slayed

Killing for any reason not discussed above is slayable and if repeated, can be banned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruleset 2: These are extremely against the rules and can get you slayed/warned/banned

Prop killing - Prop killing is NOT Okay!, Propkilling is taking a prop and flinging it around, attempting to kill someone, if you kill someone you can be punished

Prop killing while dead or as traitor is completely legitimate

Killing with the axe on rooftops is a form of propkilling.

You can be warned/slayed/banned for prop killing.

Prop flipping - Prop flipping is when you use your magneto stick, pick up a prop stick it in or under another prop and thrust in a certain direction.

You can be warned/slayed for prop flipping, If you RDM somebody you will be punished.

Putting props in teleport locations - You're not allowed to put a prop into a position where a person will teleprot to, Meaning you can't put a chair or any other prop under the teleport location(Example: the basment of 67thway)

You can be warned/slayed for this

Prop surfing - Prop surfing is where you take prop A, put it beneath prop B, Stand on prop B and pull prop A towards you, Thus making prop B fly.

This is extremely dangerous and can get you killed!

You can be slayed/warned and if continued BANNED for prop surfing

Killing fellow traitors - When you become a traitor You more often then not have traitor buddys, These buddys are here to support You, they will kill Innocent players just as you will.

You can be slayed/warned and if continued BANNED for killing your traitor buddys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ruleset 3: These are any additional rules.

Do not ghost, telling who traitors are to another player or players locations. - Ghosting is a terrible thing to do,

Ghosting is the situation where you are calling out your traitor buddys/Talking to friends on steam/skype telling about any information they Shouldn't have.

You can be warned/slayed AND Banned for ghosting

Do not truce. (Not killing a specific player even if you know they are traitor) - A truce is the situation where You know someone is a traitor, but you'v decided to hang out with them, but instead Decide to help them

You can be warned/slayed/banned for having a truce with a traitor/inno

Do not use unreadable names or names pertaining to TTT. (Admins Discretion) - This rule is fairly simple, Don't use any name that pertains with the TTT Gamemode, For example the names Traitor, Detective, and Innocent are restricted from use.

You can be warned/kicked/banned for having unreadable/unKOSable names.

You may claim a room during Overtime, you must describe the room over voice chat or normal chat. If you claim

a room when someone else is in it you may not kill them unless they leave and try to come back.

Like livechecks claiming a room is limited to overtime, You may claim any room, as long it isn't the vast majority of a map(Example all of underground on 67th way), You must call out that you've claimed an area, This can be done either through voice chat OR by typing.

If someone is already in the room you've claimed you CANNOT kill them as soon as you claim them, You may however kill them if they leave the room and try to come back.

If you do not call out your room and continue to kill for it You can be warned/slayed/banned.

Tasers are to be used on traitors or suspicious individuals. The taser is meant to buy time to hide or plan an attack. Using the taser to grief other players is against the rules. Using the taser to glitch the map is against the rules.

This rule is already pretty well stated, so I won't add anything to it.

You can be warned/slayed for random tasing

---------------------------These aren't stated in the MOTD, but can still be RDM/punishable-----------------------

---------------Traitor Specific----------

1. Remember, Jihads count as RDMing traitor buddys. - Make sure you warn your traitor buddys when you're about to explode yourself into oblivion, They normally don't want to come with you, You can be punished for not doing this!!

You can be slayed/warned/banned for jhiading a traitor buddy without a warning

2. Calling out your traitor buddys Is NOT okay, Even if they've already been called out, DO NOT CALL THEM OUT -

Calling out your T buddy isn't cool, and you can be punished for it, DON'T DO IT!

You can be slayed/warned/banned for calling a t buddy out.

----------innocent specific------------

1.Do not kill AFK

We have an auto-AFK remover for a reason, Killing afk's isn't a good idea unless you have legitimate proof!

You can be slayed/warned/banned for killing afks

2. Anybody can follow you, You cannot kill/tell people to stop following you.

Anbody can follow you!!! You cannot warn them to stop following, More often then not if you don't want them to follow you, they'll just continue to do it.

You can be slayed/warned/banned for killing a person for following.

3. You cannot kill for suspicion - Easy enough, You can't kill someone for looking suspicious, "Looking at you funny" IS NOT a valid reason to kill someone!! You cannot kill for having a certain weapon( OTHER then a traitor weapon ), BEING HURT IS NOT A REASON TO KILL SOMEONE

You can be slayed/warned/banned for killing for suspiscion

4. Randomly calling someone out isn't cool, and shouldn't be done - Easy, Don't randomly call someone out, It's not fair to the other players and It can get you into a lot of trouble!

You can be slayed/warned/banned if the randomly called out person is killed and calls you out for RDM You can be punished.

----------INNO AND TRAITOR ALIKE-----------

1. Use common sense! - If something seems wrong, and like it shouldn't be done, DON'T DO IT!, You can be punished for stupidity!

2.Calling out a proven innocent - Calling out a proven inno is extremely dangerous and can get you killed!

TO BE CONTINUED WITH STRATEGY SCENARIOS AND MORE

Edited by bulletford

---------------------------------------------------------------Tutorials------------------------------------------

1. How to become proven -

When playing TTT You'll often hear someone callout "I'm proven!/*Player* Is proven!", Being proven means that said player has showed their innocence.

This can be done by killing/assisting/calling out a traitor.

2. How NOT to walk passed a body -

When You shoot/kill a player he becomes a ragdoll and dies, However Your job is NOT done.

Make sure you walk towards the body and press "E"(Default use key) to IDENTIFY it, If You fail to do so the person will still show as a live player on the scoreboard and if you walk away from the body You can be shot/killed

EDIT: I don't want this added to MOTD, I Didn't add any rules, I only explained them. MOTD Needs to be quick and concise, If they have to read a huge amount of rules they Won't play.

This is mainly for players who want to learn more, and it's a good tool for resolving issues via admin

Edited by bulletford

------------------------------------------------------------Scenarios----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. players becoming Proven. -

In this scenario there are many people alive, a traitor shoots at innocent1, Innocent1 calls out traitor, innocent2 kills traitor, Innocent 3 confirms innocent1 and innocent2's Innocence

1a. Round starts, Traitor buys a silenced pistol

1b. Traitor shoots at Innocent1

1c. Innocent 1 calls out Traitor, Innocent2 Sees the action and shoots at Traitor, killing him, Calls out that he and innocent1 are proven

1d. Innocent 3 sees it all go down and confirms innocent2's callout

Edited by bulletford

YOU DIDN'T MENTION STREET JUSTICE, THEREFORE IT IS ALLOWED.

>implying you read all that.

>meem arrows

>2013

>2012+1

>slightlytrolledyet?

It's okay I piss myself off typing all that.

But really cool you laid all that out bullet.

YOU DIDN'T MENTION STREET JUSTICE, THEREFORE IT IS ALLOWED.

>implying you read all that.

>meem arrows

>2013

>2012+1

>slightlytrolledyet?

It's okay I piss myself off typing all that.

But really cool you laid all that out bullet.

>ctrl+f

Prop killing is traitorous when you're alive, no?

is it against the rules for both T's and Innos?

If you kill someone with a prop, It can be considered RDM.

It's debatable, I'll get clarification from zach

EDIT: propkilling as traitor is allowed

Edited by bulletford

Putting props in teleport locations - You're not allowed to put a prop into a position where a person will teleprot to, Meaning you can't put a chair or any other prop under the teleport location(Example: the basment of 67thway) Does this include putting the brick under the gunstore gunrange?

Edited by Thelnternet

2. Calling out your traitor buddys Is NOT okay, Even if they've already been called out, DO NOT CALL THEM OUT -

Calling out your T buddy isn't cool, and you can be punished for it, DON'T DO IT!

Calling out T buddies is a catch 22 in reality. I discussed this with Winter and I believe Tortoise to an extent, and the big clarification needed is if they've already been called out multiple times, they're fucked as is. If you call out your T buddy after the call out by somebody else, you're sealing your "innocence" to get a better shot at winning the round. Strategy is strategy and sacrificing a doomed teammate to win the round sounds like strategy to me

Calling out T buddies is a catch 22 in reality. I discussed this with Winter and I believe Tortoise to an extent, and the big clarification needed is if they've already been called out multiple times, they're fucked as is. If you call out your T buddy after the call out by somebody else, you're sealing your "innocence" to get a better shot at winning the round. Strategy is strategy and sacrificing a doomed teammate to win the round sounds like strategy to me

There are certain times when this is a good idea, but other times, no.

I often get called out, but quickly kill the guy and end up surviving for a long time, if i was called by multiple people I'd more then likely get killed as soon as I'm seen

Putting props in teleport locations - You're not allowed to put a prop into a position where a person will teleprot to, Meaning you can't put a chair or any other prop under the teleport location(Example: the basment of 67thway) Does this include putting the brick under the gunstore gunrange?

My hate goes out to any of you who does this, I thought I missed the water or something every time I would fall, but It was one of you sly fellas the whole time :<

I often get called out, but quickly kill the guy and end up surviving for a long time, if i was called by multiple people I'd more then likely get killed as soon as I'm seen

^ this.

Unless they are getting called out by somebody else multiple times your T buddy will usually kill the person calling him out and nobody will notice. Besides, calling out your traitor buddy after everybody else is calling him out just doesn't seem like it would work.

^ this.

Unless they are getting called out by somebody else multiple times your T buddy will usually kill the person calling him out and nobody will notice. Besides, calling out your traitor buddy after everybody else is calling him out just doesn't seem like it would work.

It does work quite frequently. If I get called out every once in a while I tell my T buddies to call me out and say he just shot me or something.