Sign in to follow this  
Arrkham

Map vent camping, vent behind cells.

Not sure what this map is named, but I saw at ct doing this today (just barely). If you know this map, that tower has a vent in it and behind cells in vents. He shot me from the tower when I was behind cells. Freekill or not?

In case image is not shown in forum, here is the link to image: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=124966811

post-14635-0-18844200-1359965189_thumb.j

When rebelling make sure no1 is coming, if he was just going in the tower to climb and happened to see you, it shouldn't be a free kill. You were rebelling and got caught.

When rebelling make sure no1 is coming, if he was just going in the tower to climb and happened to see you, it shouldn't be a free kill. You were rebelling and got caught.

If he was going to the tower and it has a vantage point of a vent behind cells, then he was vent camping. The proper thing to do would be to ignore the t and not shoot them, shooting them would be vent camping.

Edited by Oreo

In the map the area between vent A and B is wide open so unless if that area is considering part of the vent then the CT did not freekill.

Behind cells is considered vents on that map. No question about it. If he went up there, looked behind cells and killed the T back there it was vent camping and a freekill.

From what I know, this is not outdoor jail. Similar to it. I have heard that technically behind cells is a vent, and cts are restricted from behind cells and the tower unless they are hot souping a t. Not trying to get him banned or in trouble, just trying to see if it was a freekill so if it happens again, I know if it is or not.

Every time a CT has gone back there without provocation, the regulars/admins have gotten on him about it. So, assuming you were in the vent cell and went straight out there before cell doors open, there's no reason for him to be out there. In addition, hot pursuit is supposed to be following the T through the same entrance, so any chasers should enter through that cell and exit either through the side or through the tower. With nothing but a screenshot though, it's hard to tell what happened.

I believe the tower is a vent and restricted from CT's to use as vantage points or free roam. Under the ladder inside the tower to get up to the top is a vent, so I heard lots of admins and people on JB say it is a vent.

I went through the cell vent and got the glock on the boxes. Then I crouch walked to the left side of the cell vent and camped. Nobody hot souped me. Then I just randomly got shot, assuming he went into the bottom entrance of the tower, climbed the ladder to the top, looked behind cells, and shot me. The picture was merely for map reference.

From what I remembered, you can go up to a tower(told by so or staff don't remember) but you can't look behind cells just like the armory balcony of lego where you cant look back in to armory

From what I know, this is not outdoor jail. Similar to it. I have heard that technically behind cells is a vent, and cts are restricted from behind cells and the tower unless they are hot souping a t. Not trying to get him banned or in trouble, just trying to see if it was a freekill so if it happens again, I know if it is or not.

Yeh, would def depend if he saw you or not.

Yes: no freekill

No: freekill

actually if he did see dark knight go into vent, he should of chased through the same vent instead of going up the tower to shoot him

actually if he did see dark knight go into vent, he should of chased through the same vent instead of going up the tower to shoot him

That's a very good point, actually. Yeh, this smell like fishtaco.

The only way a CT should be up there is to chase somebody that he saw go up there, then he should leave immediately. If DK was behind cells, there's no reason for a CT to shoot him from tower.

2) even if I'm wrong this has literally 0 proof so if you're trying to get them disciplined it's not going to work out

This isn't even in CD, he just wants to know what others think about the situation and if its legal.

Edited by Sakata

More or less more information about this kind of situation incase it happens again, to make sure i dont get freekilled again, then have nothing done about it.

This is atlas jail. CTs are allowed to be up in the tower as long as they are watching the Ts. Unfortunately, from the tower you can see the vent exit behind cells. The correct thing would be to ignore the Ts coming out of the vent because that is camping a vent exit. A lot of times that doesn't happen, so I'll see if klark can swap medic and tower.

This is atlas jail. CTs are allowed to be up in the tower as long as they are watching the Ts. Unfortunately, from the tower you can see the vent exit behind cells. The correct thing would be to ignore the Ts coming out of the vent because that is camping a vent exit. A lot of times that doesn't happen, so I'll see if klark can swap medic and tower.

I support this

Yeah, its something I have seen happen many, many times to others, including myself. Maybe even take away the door to the tower, so that you can only access the tower through vents.