Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Rustling

Keyboard: Steel Series Apex vs Black Widow 2013

alright, so I'm looking for a Keyboard, my thoughts are either the Black widow or Apex, price isn't an issue.

what should i go with? If you don't like any of these keyboards and feel like something is better feel free to post it.

I do game a lot and it has to be durable and be able to take a beating, i would prefer Led/black light (green) because that is the base color of my battlestation, but i don't want it to be like other still series keyboards that look like there the 2003 dell desktop ones that are just mechanical.

otherwise, would the apex not being mechanical affect my gaming to such a degree dishing 30$ more and losing some macro keys worth it.

JzVYra7.png

zEUdUzt.jpg

Edited by Jimmy Rustling

You're fine without mechanical, it's just so you know that you pressed your keys with less resistance for your fingers. the macro keys are only usefull in MMO games unless you are a admin for binds.

Take a good brand, go for your favorite looking keyboard with everything you want and you'll be more then happy.

it's realy a personal opinion ofcourse, i'm more about the looks and functionality like this : Cyborg Strike 7 .

Other people rather like it more simple in looks but still high performance non the less like the keyboard Kowai Cat Girl linked.

Edited by Ghost

As others have said, if you're looking to spend a bit of money. I would recommend getting a mech.

Leopolds are a pretty good brand for the money, but if you're looking to spend a little more then I'd get the DAS keyboards.

Mechanical keys are interesting, unless you type a lot I probably wouldn't recommend going blues. They have a loud clacking noise that's like an old keyboard, you may or may not like it.

Assuming you know how to type (not looking at keys) I have really liked the following:

Tenkeyless Tactile Touch "Otaku" Keyboard -$99 tenkeyless (no num pad)

Tactile Touch "Otaku" Keyboard -$99 regular

Both are MX Brown switches which is a good starting ground for your first mech keyboard, the ones that make the loud clacking noise are MX Blues for reference. Good luck in your new keyboard adventure.

Edit: Here is a DAS keyboard, I just didn't care for it because it's glossy:

Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate Soft Tactile Mechanical Keyboard

Edited by B-rock

I do enjoy the Black widow, i have used one since my brother has one, but the apex seems to be better except for the fact its not mechanical. I do not now how much of a difference that will make, but im sure it is not that much. Question is do i want to try something new or do I stick with what I know is good. :<

This is a second vote for the BlackWidow, except i've got the original Ultimate Edition. Sastisfying sound for clicks, and it actually ramped up my typing speed quite a bit because of the springback

I've been looking for a gaming keyboard myself, and the best keyboard I found was the blackwidow.

Dont fall for gimmicks marketed as "for gamers"

All mechanical keyboards perform similarly, it comes down to build quality and preference of stabilizers often.

the BW is ugly as fucking hell to me.

I've been looking for a gaming keyboard myself, and the best keyboard I found was the blackwidow.

All mechanical keyboards perform similarly, it comes down to build quality and preference of stabilizers often.

You can't get the same keyboards in Poland that you can in the US. If you wanted a keyboard, that you can only buy online, you would have to dig really deep to find it here

Edited by Seabagz

You can't get the same keyboards in Poland that you can in the US. If you wanted a keyboard, that you can only buy online, you would have to dig really deep to find it here

All I could think was Poland ball.