Sign in to follow this  
TheDentist

CS:GO servers lack of use

Hey guys -

I've noticed a pretty extreme lack of use of the 4 servers for cs:go except for jb, which is still very popular. Any chance we can switch it to play a classic competitive map schedule? With the option to lock it down and play 5v5 within the clan, I think that would be fun as hell, just take the least popular extra server (minigames maybe) and make it a classic competitive?

i think surf is fine ZE is trying to get repopulated and i dont see minigames anywhere

yea i think ze is mainly due to the maps because most of the maps on the server have at least 1 thing broken in it

Deathmatch > competitive. Deathmatch would be poppin all the time. That, and public competitive servers suck. Casual, sure, but competitive, it's just so frustrating.

It's odd, there isn't any server that I've seen which is casual with many wins-to-change-map, and 32 max players.

I agree deathmatch would be more popular, but playing the actual game is fun. I've played competitive with lots of members of these forums and it would be nice to have a server to play 5v5 all sG... Maybe a private server? Or at least someone with the power to change an empty ze server to a good couple rounds of classic competitive for An afternoon, then switch it back. I won't pretend to understand how servers work so if its possible to easily switch the map/style of an empty server if we had ten ready to play guys that would be awesome, otherwise I guess deathmatch is better than nothing?

We could easily set up a competitive 5v5 private server, it doesn't take too much resources.

Something like rcon on 1.6? That would be beautiful! Make it 10v10 max? (10-manning is so fun <3)

We could easily set up a competitive 5v5 private server, it doesn't take too much resources.

Something like rcon on 1.6? That would be beautiful! Make it 10v10 max? (10-manning is so fun <3)

ugh

you don't understand what 10 manning is, and rcon is to do commands. it isn't a config. you have to either make your config or go get the cal/cevo/esea configs and use those to lo3

10 manning is a 5v5 mix/pug, not a 10v10 game

ugh

you don't understand what 10 manning is, and rcon is to do commands. it isn't a config. you have to either make your config or go get the cal/cevo/esea configs and use those to lo3

Used to 10 man for hours every night. We'd then pop on MIRC and pick up some other 10 manners.

"Ugh." Should have elaborated.

EDIT: And yeh, I know what rcon is. That's why I said it. It's not enough to just connect to a Competitive server with a password to play against people; Gotta be able to set it all up. I don't know what the CS:GO equivalent of rcon would be, hence my saying something like it.

;)

Edited by camelFun

ugh

Used to 10 man for hours every night. We'd then pop on MIRC and pick up some other 10 manners.

EDIT: And yeh, I know what rcon is. That's why I said it. It's not enough to just connect to a Competitive server with a password to play against people; Gotta be able to set it all up. I don't know what the CS:GO equivalent of rcon would be, hence my saying something like it.

;)

the CS:GO equivalent would be.. rcon...? how do you think people change maps and run configs and shit without mods?

10v10s were never a thing and never will be.

Edited by Sketchmaticx

ugh

;)

the CS:GO equivalent would be.. rcon...? how do you think people change maps and run configs and shit without mods?

10v10s were never a thing and never will be.

Ah, so it's rcon. Dunno how cs servers work.

And, eh. 7 years ago you could find 10 manners easy on MIRC.

stop

pls

10 manning is just 10 men

10v10 is 20 men

pls

stop

Dat ignorance.

stop

pls

10 manning is just 10 men

10v10 is 20 men

pls

stop

Dat ignorance.

ive got some backup bro

ㅤㅤ: this guy is trying to tell me

ㅤㅤ: 10 manning

ㅤㅤ: is 10v10

ㅤㅤ: radon help me

ㅤㅤ: help me

deerhunter98: tell him he's right

ㅤㅤ: i cant admit defeat

ㅤㅤ: this has been going on for like

ㅤㅤ: 8 posts now

ㅤㅤ: he thought rcon was a config

deerhunter98: tell him he's a cal open faggot who doesn't know shit about basic competitive gaming

deerhunter98: ask him to name one game that uses 10v10 for competitive matches

ㅤㅤ: he'll name like

deerhunter98: and ask him to name a game that doesn't use 5v5

ㅤㅤ: idk

ㅤㅤ: fuck

ㅤㅤ: well

ㅤㅤ: tf2

ㅤㅤ: is 6v6

ㅤㅤ: isnt it

ㅤㅤ: LOL

ㅤㅤ: WREKT NERD

deerhunter98: lmao

deerhunter98: tf2

10v10 doesnt exist, okay?

;)

To play against? Jeez, dude, open your mind; Don't keep your thoughts in a single line.

I can understand you thinking this whole time that I meant other people wanting to 10 man. Not what I meant.

Sorry if I got your panties in a bunch, love.

<3

;)

To play against? Jeez, dude, open your mind; Don't keep your thoughts in a single line.

I can understand you thinking this whole time that I meant other people wanting to 10 man. Not what I meant.

Sorry if I got your panties in a bunch, love.

<3

i love 10 manning <3 is so much fun <3 xD le 10v10 is 10 manning xD swagcity

I have one server that would be awesome: WCS

:P yeeeeeeeee

and here i thought rcon = remote console but apparently it's a config to run the scrims? :o

Edited by xmen

you use rcon to load the configs.

for instance, if you wanna turn a ze server to a competitive server, you make a config file for it, and you just type rcon exec "name.cfg"

Never heard of a 10vs10 though.

I think it might be cool to set up some sort of arms race / casual comp / demolition rotation server seeing as there's no real death match type server set up, closest we have is surf where the only weapon everyone seems to use is AWPs

also mg has had about 5 people on at its peak so its pretty much just wasted space at the moment