Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

*1v1 The Kobe Tournament [ SIGN UPS*CLOSE JAN20 ]

Alright everyone, thanks to those who showed support and also helped fill out the questionaire for the league/tourney/tournament (whatever you want to call it).

We're going to run signups throughout this week and hopefully we can start running games next weekend (or even sooner if there is enough signups)!

*1v1|KOBE S1 Tourney Rules/Regulations [ AS OF 1-13-13 ]

Fair Warning: shit is large as fuck

A. General

1. First and foremost, this league is in no way affiliated with Syndicate Gamers or sponsored by the sG staff or the sG events team. This league is purely community run and hosted off sG servers (forums/teamspeak3). In any case Syndicate Gamers and its staff assumes no liability for any possible physical, mental, or emotional losses and damages to players.

2. These rules are subject to change at any time for any reason, the administration of this league reserve the right to change the rules for any reason(s) and it is up to the player to be informed on these changes throughout the season.

3. There is only one administrator/manager for the league, Mitch. The best way to contact is via PM or through Steam/Skype/League Chat. PM Mitch if you need his contact info for Skype. League of Legends NA Username: xmitch.

4. League administration/management are not eligible to participate or win prizes from this league. sG staff are allowed to win prizes.

5. By signing up for the league you agree to all said rules and regulations.

6. League administration and management reserve the right to punish, disqualify, and make teams ineligible as they see fit. We resrve this right at all times for any reason(s).

B. League Details

1. Teams will consist of one player, there are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. Subs are not allowed, if there is the act of "ringing" suspected, all players involved are suspect to consequences which may or may not include disqualification.

i. Ringing is the act of a player having someone else play on their account.

ii. To be eligible to play in the league you must have an account on the North American League servers. There are no exceptions to this rule and no accomodations will be made.

2. Teams will be randomly assorted into two-four groups, depending on the number of participants. This assortment may be streamed on Twitch.TV to subside any disputes of biased/stacking. †

3. In group/tourney stage, teams will be asked to play one match against each team in their group.

i. Matches will be best of __ ††

ii. Matches consist of __ league of legends games. (a LoL game is detailed in Section B5). ††

iii. Groups will be ranked first by match wins, then by match losses, then by ties, then by game wins, game losses and KDA. In the circumstance that they are still tied, the head to head result will be used, if that also results in a tie, registration order for the tourney will be used to rank the players.

4. The top ___ teams of each group will move on to the final tournament stage.

i. Matches in tournament stage will be best of 3.

ii. Matches consist of three league of legends games.

iii. Tournament will be ran double elimination style.

iv. Seeding for tournament TBD.

5. League of Legends Game Details

i. Summoners Rift will be used as the map. †††

ii. Champions will be picked by ___________ †††

iii. A win in a game is considered by the team that first destroys the enemy nexus.

iv. Jungling and warding is allowed. However farming/pushing lane/taking towers in any other lane is strictly prohibited and subject to a forfeit of the game and/or match.

v. No champions, summoner spells, strategies, masteries or runes are banned. Anything goes.

vi. You may only defend other lanes when the minions are attacking (or in range of) your base turrets. You may not however, push back the lane. Do not attack minions in other lanes that are not in range of the base tower.

vii. Surrendering constitutes as a loss of the game.

viii. Remakes are only allowed if both teams agree to a remake of a game (only excpetion is if the league administration/management deem it necessary). The form of remake (completely the same or new champs, etc.,) is completely up to the teams (and/or management). It is up to the players to make sure if a complete remake happens they use the same runes/masteries (honor system).

ix. No spectators other than league administration/management are allowed in the lobby. If both teams agree to it, they may allow outside players on their friends list to spectate their games.

x. Pausing ††††

xi. Ghosting is strictly prohibited and will be punished.

C. Other Details

1. Prizes. As of the moment [1-13-13], the prize pool is $100-250 (depends on funding from various sources) split between those who make it to the tournamnet bracket. Other prizes may possibly be added/thrown in. If you want to donate/pitch in for the prize, it would be much appreciated -- contact Mitch.

2. Matchmaking. It will be the primary responsibility of the teams to find a time to play against other teams. If a compromise can't be made, league management/administration will have to step in and will make the call from there (force a schedule time, give byes/forfeits). Players are expected to use the honor system with each other, if you commit to a time - please follow through with it. If there's an emergency, it's your responsiblity to apologize to the other teammate and try to see if they're willing to cooperate and reschedule. Failure to do so can be reported as a win in their favor and marked as a forfeit loss against you. You do not have to schedule a match in the future - if you both are available during a moment, you can quickly play a game against one another.

3. Evidence. It is mandatory for every team to grab a screenshot of the end of each game at the least to report scores/match wins/games wins/etc.,. It is also highly reccomended for all teams to take screenshots of things such as the pick process, the game lobby and matchmaking agreements. For matchmaking agreements, even if you agree to a set time/to play right now, it's best to reassure the agreement over text so a screenshot can be taken of evidence. ALL MATCHES PLAYED MUST BE REPORTED TO MITCH VIA PM BY ONE OF THE TEAMS, WITH A SCREENSHOT OF THE END SCORE SCREEN OF EACH GAME. THE SUBJECT MUST BE "[TEAM] V [TEAM] - MATCH REPORT".

4. Matchups/Schedules are determined by league management/administration.

† TENTATIVE - STATUS TO BE DETERMINED/SUBJECT TO CHANGE. If we get an abundance of participants it becomes necessary to split people off into groups so everyone isn't forced to play many matches against everyone else. However, if possible we may also look into a ladder/one-group setup, where everyone will play every other player in at least one match (this would occur in a case where there are not many participants). I want to ensure everyone gets a good number of matches against as many other players as possible to be able to prove their worth and so that no one can say, "well if I had an easier lineup of matches I would have made it to the tournament finals and won, etc., etc., etc.,". AKA I'm making it so you get the chance to play as many matches as you want.

†† Best of 2/3 - TBD. Depends on how many people there are.

††† TBD, open to discussion.

†††† in the case we do not use tournament draft pick, we dont have the pause option and this will be disregarded - if you DC/have problems, the other team has to agree to a remake.

By signing up, you agree to all said rules and regulations.

To sign up, please reply to this post with the following-

NA League Name:

I will make another thread with further details when the time is right.

Mitch

Signup List (in order of signup)-

1NzHs.png

Well... Good luck to everyone on NA :/

could borrow mimics account/some other person's account who is Level 30 but not playing.

or you could just make an NA account for once :P

Well... Good luck to everyone on NA :/

could borrow mimics account/some other person's account who is Level 30 but not playing.

or you could just make an NA account for once :P

Having an NA account isn't the problem, the problem is that I will have like 200-400 ping. I tried it once to play with Oreo and it turned out ok with me going 17/4/16 but it was against people who don't even know how to play :3

Hopefully though, you will consider on doing a Dota 2 tourney :>.

Edited by Ryziou

NA League Name- Spellsw

Question mitch, can we stream this ourselves or no?

yes

-throws proverbial gauntlet down-

Lets do this shit!

summoner name?

so its a 1v1? thought everyone voted for a 3v3 w/evs

NA League Name: sketchmatic

it gets a little more complicated with a 3v3 tho heuhe

maybe next time