Sign in to follow this  
KGameLover1

Favorite underrated/overlooked games?

Dragons Dogma was a good game that people didn't like because it was "too hard"

was going to buy, but got lazy and didnt. looked pretty good though.

my favorite free MMO game that was shut down was N.E.O online, played it like 2-3 years ago. was probably the best free MMO game i've played, but i guess they didn't get the funds they needed

This Game:

225px-Age_of_Mythology_Liner.jpg

I played this when I was younger, it was the shit

Agreed, btw as a kid the Egyptian goddess inside the cd booklet/case gave me a hardon a couple times.

I also like this game, as I think it was the first pc game I ever played.

MystIIICover.png

I remember it being way to hard for me back then though and I had to look up a lot of the solutions.

This Game:

225px-Age_of_Mythology_Liner.jpg

I played this when I was younger, it was the shit

My aunt showed me this game at a young age (as it was preinstalled on her laptop) and said "look at this game, you should try to play it." I played it for 4-5 hours straight, then went home at midnight. Went out and bought a copy the next day. So boss. I'd say this is the game that got me into PC gaming.

I've always had a soft spot for Red Orchestra 2.

Have you played Red Orchestra (Ostfront 41-45 is the full name), the first one? I have played quite a lot of it - it's great. I can't say I've played RO2 enough to give any opinions, though

Edited by Seabagz

I've always had a soft spot for Red Orchestra 2.

Have you played Red Orchestra (Ostfront 41-45 is the full name), the first one? I have played quite a lot of it - it's great. I can't say I've played RO2 enough to give any opinions, though

I haven't, unfortunately. I only found out about RO2 through a Steam Sale. The game really pissed me off at first, but I eventually grew to really enjoy it.

OH, nearly forgot: Crash Team Racing + Marvel vs Capcom both on the PS1.

both of those are DEFINITELY NOT overlooked :P

Jet Set Radio Future, if it's underrated / overlooked, not sure :P.

This one isn't really overlooked/underrated but at the same time it's not as popular as it should be either.

I have a list of not-super-well-known indie games that I've played over the years. I'd say they're all worth trying out. Most of these games are free, too.

CAVE STORY (My favorite game of all time. Been replaying it over and over for the last 5 years. I have a fucking cave story poster on my wall.......)

Alter Ego

Banana Nababa

Frogatto

Harpy Siren

Homage (SOOO FUN)

Iconoclasts (still incomplete but one of the best games I've ever played)

The Mighty Jill Off

Kirbyvania

Legend of Princess (It's only a single level, but really fun with the diff weapons you can choose from)

Monolith (Love it)

Soldat (Played it when I was much younger, and it's just as fun now as it was then. it's a nice break from CS)

TAGAP (Too fun)

Wraith ("horror" game. kinda fun, really anime-ish)

And here are some indie games you can purchase on Steam which I've had the pleasure of trying <3:

Chantelise

Closure

Dustforce (really underrated IMO)

Legend of Grimrock

Offspring Fling! (really charming, really adorable, mad fun)

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (got drunk with my sis and blasted through this game in about 5 hours. I'm sure it's a shorter game than that, but yeah)

Snapshot

Unmechanical

Vessel

Wanderlust: Rebirth

Ys: The Oath in Felghana

A lot of these games are puzzle-style games (as most indie games seem to be nowadays, but still fucking delicious). Hopefully you try some of these :D