Sign in to follow this  
Jungle Fever

CS:GO Keeps Crashing (just bought)

So I just bought and downloaded CS:GO. I tried to start up a match by joining a random server. De_dust began to load, and once it loaded completely, I saw a black screen, CS:GO minimized, and I received a message saying...

"csgo.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I won't even bother wasting my time for this "solution"...

Anyway, I googled the error and found that it was apparently pretty common. However, many of the given fixes have not worked for me. I have disabled multicore rendering, made various video settings lower (including global shadow quality), and verified integrity of the game cache, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Something interesting I noted was that for the first few times I would verify integrity of the game cache, it would constantly redownload (even after I had done it) a specific file that it claimed to reacquire. Then when I would go to play the game, this would pop up

"Performing first time setup...

Installing: Microsoft DirectX for Windows (Step 1 of 1)"

I did some updates, restarted, and now when I verify the integrity of cache, I only get the "performing first time update...etc." notification (not sure if I am supposed to be getting this every time I verify it).

In addition, I even updated my video drivers.

Does anyone have any clue why my game keeps crashing as the map finishes loading EVERY time? Thanks!

hmm, I have had this issue when trying to run xfire with csgo. For some reason Xfire would make csgo crash randomly.

Do you have any programs that could be running along side with csgo?

Bizarre....

The link that xmen posted and the video inside worked, and the game plays

However, when I went to save the settings like in the video, my computer found another compatibility issue?...But it still works...

I wonder how this will play out