Sign in to follow this  
CannabisKills

"Last Request" Mod in CSGO

Because it's way better to just have it custom, how would they add all the custom Lr's people have.

You can give someone the choice to use a preset LR or a custom one. I don't see how it conflicts. Preset LR's like fast math equations, gravity knife, headshot 1vs1, etc. cannot be done without a mod.

Dude, if you really want that, you can just type it as a custom LR.

tbh, nobody ever wants* "fast math equations" or "gravity knife" anyways. You get the "headshot 1v1s" very rarely.

If you insist, do the mod yourself and offer it to the guys. I doubt any of them would want to do something that they don't even agree with.

Just some examples. They don't do it because it is not possible, how can you not get that. These kind of mods don't work with basic admin commands.

I'm not into coding that sort stuff and besides there are existing ones that need porting. Anyways, I just think it would be a good idea to have it implemented. Offers more fun and nothing else.

Also, while we're on the topic, could we discuss putting a time limit on ct j days?

Or at least limit j days/ american idol/ joke days etc. to t's with mics.

Just some examples. They don't do it because it is not possible, how can you not get that. These kind of mods don't work with basic admin commands.

I'm not into coding that sort stuff and besides there are existing ones that need porting. Anyways, I just think it would be a good idea to have it implemented. Offers more fun and nothing else.

Who ever said it's not possible?

And how would they NOT work with the admin commands? If you can grant an lr with an admin command as a player, why can't you as the server?

How does having a restrictive set of LR's more fun?

As far as having a menu, I see what everyone is saying, you can have a set of 'default' LR's, and an option for a custom one, OR you can read the rules, know what LR's the warden HAS to accept, and if you really want those, pick one of them.

If not, most wardens are fair, and fun. Myself for example (when I play) will usually deny non creative LR's, like freeday for me next round, but I am happy to accept a new type of freeday (NFD for example).

People need to be more creative, and stop picking the same LR's all the time, end of story.

!lr mods are stupid as fuck. Custom lr's don't restrict you to a set of LRs, you can still do shot for shot but no one does it. Why? Because it's much more fun to do a custom LR that's actually fun.

Edited by Oreo

!lr mods are stupid as fuck. Custom lr's don't restrict you to a set of LRs, you can still do shot for shot but no one does it. Why? Because it's much more fun to do a custom LR that's actually fun.

You know that even if we do get a !lr mod, we would probably still have custom lrs along side it.

I would probably give the lr menu to warden that would have a list of the basic lr commands give weapons,set health for s4s or empty deagles for gun toss .

To clarify, by "Last Request mod" I meant a LR menu, where the last T literally types "!lr" (or something similar) and a menu appears, the T chooses an event and a CT, and either is teleported there with the CT to a location or they walk to wherever the LR takes place.

And if there is already a LR menu I apologize because I have not seen it used in the server or used it myself. If there is a LR menu already may I ask what do I type to enable it? Thanks.

they have alot of maps to set teleports for if they do that

To be honest, the whole LR plugin is nice. I've played on servers with it. It makes for a nice easy lr choice if you can't think. But it's downfall is that most people would still do custom lr's. Most people wouldn't really notice a change. This plugin would be for the newcomers and late joiners =D

The !lr plugin is really nice to have for basic LRs. Maybe have a custom version, yeh? One where there is an option for "Custom Last Request" for the more complicated ones that are fun on the server?

The !lr plugin is really nice to have for basic LRs. Maybe have a custom version, yeh? One where there is an option for "Custom Last Request" for the more complicated ones that are fun on the server?

The problem is that the plugin itself would encourage boring and uncreative LRs due to their convenience. Not to say that everyone on our server chooses thoughtful and worthwhile LRs as it is, but we rather put people on the spotlight to create good LRs rather than making it even easier to give them a boring freeday of choice.

Current rules also force you to talk to another human being regardless of the LR you want, and forcing communication is always a plus in jailbreak.

Custom LRs are a staple of our server and I feel it puts it above others because it gives you a real last request not just a last choice from a shitty list given.

Maybe. I might be able to snag the Hosties v2.0 plugin and check it out. I might even be able to add an ability to do a custom lr. I know they have fruit ninja now =D

You do realize that Hosties v2.0 is really glitchy and can cause extreme lag and even server crashes/instability in a lot of the servers right (e.g. running fruit ninja LR and what not).

I am extremely opposed/against putting any LR mod whatsoever on our server. It's the only thing that defines us and sets us apart from the other servers, and I intend to help keep it that way.

/lr mod's are stupid if you make them stupid. /lr is a great plugin to add on jb i understand mayne may be agaisnt and some be in favour after all i mean you can't go rambo on a normal Last request. Plus takes aload shit of time to accept last requests t wants , just because a ct doesn't agree on it , so you should consider adding the custom /lr and cover it up with rules sutch as if you don't want to use /lr you aren't forced too. On most 1.6 jb servers from what i've playd i've never seen a server without /lr , plus the option i mentioned above is not that bad. So you would have both ways as you wish just saying an /lr would improve the gaming 100%. And for those who claim that /lr bugs the server that's cuz it isn't well coded for sure.

/lr mod's are stupid if you make them stupid. /lr is a great plugin to add on jb i understand mayne may be agaisnt and some be in favour after all i mean you can't go rambo on a normal Last request. Plus takes aload shit of time to accept last requests t wants , just because a ct doesn't agree on it , so you should consider adding the custom /lr and cover it up with rules sutch as if you don't want to use /lr you aren't forced too. On most 1.6 jb servers from what i've playd i've never seen a server without /lr , plus the option i mentioned above is not that bad. So you would have both ways as you wish just saying an /lr would improve the gaming 100%. And for those who claim that /lr bugs the server that's cuz it isn't well coded for sure.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I found it incredibly difficult to understand your post.

Here's what I think are the basic points of your argument.

Custom LRs take a lot of time. Every other JB server has a LR plugin. A T can't go berserk on a basic LR.

As such, LR plugins increase the amount of utility derived from a JB round by twice as much. Therefore, sG needs to add a LR plugin.

Do correct me if I'm wrong.