Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Micro-Transactions In Games

Recently read some news about another Battlefield game that should be coming out this summer, not a serious project, but a type of game that EA is calling "Play 4 Free" in which the game is free, making money by doing a series of micro transactions (source:http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2008/01/21/battlefield_gets_free_and_funny.html official page:http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/). Personally I think games that have micro-transactions are going to be the bane of gaming. Sure its all nice and dandy that you can get the game for free, but somewhere along the line, they are going to start offering real advantages to paying players over that of ones who don't. Otherwise, the three people who would actually pay for a cosmetic upgrade will, and they will be stuck in the pits. If developers actually do offer benefits to players, then the whole game is shot. It will essentially boil down to the winner being whichever player can invest more money in the game, not the one who has more expirience in skill. I know that some console gamers already have some exposure on this type of game play already, so it would be nice to get their opinions as well. DISCUSS.

Post count honestly doesn't matter. You could be someone that spams 700 posts and they're stupid posts like "lol" "ya" or a one hitter. People will know you better for posts that matter.

I'm sure quite a few people remember Hushx, because he made some damn fine posts.

Post count honestly doesn't matter. You could be someone that spams 700 posts and they're stupid posts like "lol" "ya" or a one hitter. People will know you better for posts that matter.

I'm sure quite a few people remember Hushx, because he made some damn fine posts.

Well I was actually trying to post some interesting threads. All we talk about nowadays are our new Naruto sigs and how much we all hate chronx.

Well I was actually trying to post some interesting threads. All we talk about nowadays are our new Naruto sigs and how much we all hate chronx.

I don't talk about Naruto sigs, particularly because I despise anime (I've developed the Animecaust). As for hating Chronix, well that's died down.