Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

Is homosexuality genetic?

Do you believe homosexuality is genetic?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe homosexuality is genetic?

• Yes, biology plays a part.
    • No, it's a choice and not science.

If it was purely genetic, then it would have not been very common until developments in options that would allow a same-sex couple to have children that have similar genetic makeup. Homosexuality has been around a long time so answers behind sexuality is definitely more complex than the genetic makeup of a human.

Technically couldn't you count asexual/animals that can change sexes as somewhat of an adaption to this?

If it was purely genetic, then it would have not been very common until developments in options that would allow a same-sex couple to have children that have similar genetic makeup. Homosexuality has been around a long time so answers behind sexuality is definitely more complex than the genetic makeup of a human.

This post makes no sense to me drunk, and I'm pretty sure it will make no sense to me when I am sober.

Edit: I was drunker than I thought last night. It makes sense to me now.

Edited by Goldentongue

This post makes no sense to me drunk, and I'm pretty sure it will make no sense to me when I am sober.

If it was genetic it wouldn't have been passed on because the genetically homosexual animals would not reproduce, thus the gene would cease to exist. Pretty much, genetical homosexuality isn't possible according to darwins theory of evolution and natural selection. If it was genetic, we would have seen mutations or adaptations that would allow for procreation among same sex animals.

That's what he's suggesting.

Edited by Oreo

Its when you waltz into a forum with sub 20 posts and come out so laughably wrong in the most passively arrogant manner that you get attacked. At least learn the meaning of eloquence before you run into loaded discussions feigning it.

And I admitted I was wrong, so what is your point? Did I ever say I am 100% absolutely positive my OPINION is scientifically correct? No, I did not. I posted my opinion because I wanted to share my view on this subject with the knowledge I do have. Obviously I was not totally correct and I admitted this. People continuing to insult me AFTER I have acknowledged I am wrong is just immature and plain stupid, at least I'm MAN ENOUGH to admit I'm not right all the time, at least I have balls and can let my ego go when facts conflicts with my opinion...

Post count doesn't mean shit, it doesn't make anyone more intelligent than myself for having more posts on a specific forum. What matters is the content within the posts, not how many one has.

Guest Fohacidal

Its when you waltz into a forum with sub 20 posts and come out so laughably wrong in the most passively arrogant manner that you get attacked. At least learn the meaning of eloquence before you run into loaded discussions feigning it.

And I admitted I was wrong, so what is your point? Did I ever say I am 100% absolutely positive my OPINION is scientifically correct? No, I did not. I posted my opinion because I wanted to share my view on this subject with the knowledge I do have. Obviously I was not totally correct and I admitted this. People continuing to insult me AFTER I have acknowledged I am wrong is just immature and plain stupid, at least I'm MAN ENOUGH to admit I'm not right all the time, at least I have balls and can let my ego go when facts conflicts with my opinion...

Post count doesn't mean shit, it doesn't make anyone more intelligent than myself for having more posts on a specific forum. What matters is the content within the posts, not how many one has.

Obviously not because you still (blatantly I might add) come off as a passive aggressive cunt.

You weren't presenting it as an opinion. You were presenting it as facts, and they were false. Stop lying.

I think a very interesting point that no one has mentioned yet is: if homosexuality is 100% genetic, or connected to genetics at all, why wasn't it bred out of the gene pool a long time ago? Lost like a useless evolutionary trait?

And if it IS connected to genetics (and modern day technology allows gay couples to use their own sperm to reproduce through test tubes etc), will the rate of homosexuality in the population increase now over time? Is gayness passed through the male or female? Both?

I think a very interesting point that no one has mentioned yet is: if homosexuality is 100% genetic, or connected to genetics at all, why wasn't it bred out of the gene pool a long time ago? Lost like a useless evolutionary trait?

This has been mentioned multiple times already.

This debate is over

New question:

Since it has been established that homosex is the absolutely most disgusting practice known to all mankind which serves no biological purpose other than selfish mutual stimulation and negligible population control;

With the objectively worst culture out of any gathering of likeminded people within all of human history

Why are there no government programs is place to identify and distribute these degenerates into high risk positions? They clearly do not value themselves enough to contribute to society in any meaningful way past test pilots and bomb defusal . They clearly do not value the past present or future- as most of them abandon their genetics and end their lineage right on the goddamned spot in favour of sucking their own dick on tinychat. Family wants grandkids? you mean the family that you left because they had no idea how to handle the amount of emotional, financial and personal disappointment that follows hearing that your 200k investment of 18 years was a complete waste because x,y,themselves- so they responded like rational human beings and made things harder for you?

please

All homosexuals have the same decision making inability that lead to them sucking dick in the locker room in the first place. The blacks got their shit together, fuck even the feminists kind of got their shit together. Either homoseckx is a completely new phenomenon spurred on by external media corruption- or gays are just straight up incompetent at life

So clearly we can save the lives of thousands if not millions of law abiding well-adjusted biologically sound civilians just by substituting hardworking gene passing leaders of tomorrow with lowlife scumbag degenerate homosuckers

also: this clan got gay in a nonsarcastic serious way

i cant be the only one not okay with this

Edited by Carl Sagan

Guest Fohacidal

Dont forget to put on your sweater on scarf this winter season, dont want to catch the gays now would you?

I will say this. The answers were poorly worded, in that there should have been nothing after the yes and nothing after the no.

There is no way Biology does not play a part as electrical pulses sent through the brain are purely biological and they wouldnt happen or certain amounts of chemicals would not be released if it was purely choice.

Additionally, saying science has nothing to do with it is not very correct.

The original question was ok, the choices on the poll not so much.

That being said. Id say it is completely possible that their is an genetic mutation based on bad positioning of specific parts of the DNA chain that could cause it.

Note I said possible. I did NOT say thats what happens.

Edited by Joscal