Sign in to follow this  
Goldentongue

Barack Obama Re-Elected as President

Must be trolling now or I am going to retract my intelligent statement about you. Seriously, I never stated or even came close to inferring that I believe that Obama got more votes for his race than lost votes for his race

I'm going to do this one more time, and it is all that can be done. If you honestly don't understand after this, there is no hope for you. Let me know if I need to line it out any more clearly or use smaller words:

I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color

This statement right here is the entire crux of what I have been trying to make clear to you. You said his victory had to do with his skin color. If you wish to credit his victory in ANY way to his race, you HAVE to acknowledge that your statement implies that there were more votes based solely upon race FOR him than would be AGAINST him. If you had thought the opposite was true, that his blackness wasn't more of a benefit than an impediment, or if you thought that race didn't make a difference, you clearly wouldn't have made this statement. You have to acknowledge that, OR you have to acknowledge that you didn't say what you meant to. It is so simple, I really don't see how you can't see that you've contradicted yourself.

I get that your statement now is that you don't think race helped him and you were just trying to say that people vote based upon appearance, but the very first thing you said in this thread is clearly different than what you say now.

I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color= I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color

I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color

had nothing to do

had nothing to do

had nothing to do means I stated that it is incorrect to think it had 0% to do with him getting elected. The range represented could be from .00001% to 99.9999% of votes being based of skin color You assumed it meant a high percentage, reading into something that wasn't there. Otherwise I would worded it differently such as, I laugh at people on facebook saying it had nothing to do with skin color when it clearly had everything to do with it....".

you HAVE to acknowledge that your statement implies that there were more votes based solely upon race FOR him than would be AGAINST him. If you had thought the opposite was true, that his blackness wasn't more of a benefit than an impediment, or if you thought that race didn't make a difference, you clearly wouldn't have made this statement

Or I made the statement because I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color.

The rest of the context of my OP was that appearance matters to voters and also went into a study where most of the students who voted had no idea what side Romney was on or Obama meaning they voted based on primarily on appearance. The statement was made due to a vast number of posts on social networks stating he won completely based off of his issues and policies, which is incorrect. No where does it imply what you believe it does.

If I say I like vanilla ice cream it doesn't mean I don't like chocolate ice cream the same percentage as vanilla or more. My statement meant that I believe his skin color helped him get elected (range can be varied from a low percentage to a moderate percentage with how it was worded). Without asking any questions or having more information from me, the poster, you cannot correctly identify my views on if I believed Romney received more or less votes for being white or not African-american.

I hate debating on sG it literally like debating junior high kids. Usually I just let anything go, but it just sad how far you took this and cannot admit you assumed wrong and misinterpreted words. Clearly nothing to do with means everything to do with.

You say you didn't make any assumption, but from that one sentence I posted you went into a counter post stating

>I believe more voters voted for Obama then against him for skin color.

>Implied I am a racist

>That black people don't care to be called black.

>That I am a birther

>I am sucked into lies/conspiracies/mistruths

>That I am an idiot

Good game. I lift.

Shadow eating his words while still digging a dweper hole for himself.

You said he was probably born in Kenya.

If you don't want to be called out for saying stupid shit.

I do think he born there, but it has always been irrelevant to the argument. That would be a logical fallacy itself. At no point did I try to argue why or why not. I even acknowledge it has no difference to me on my personal opinions about him as a politician/person. Personally the whole native born American thing is comical to me, I like to some real native born Indians up in the white house controlling that bitch. But any who you are also the one who thought I was serious about Arnold, but your argument had some actually base since my statement could of implied I actually thought that.

You have differently perceived semantics behind your initial statement. I get it. I'll leave it alone. There is nothing I can do to convince you that your first post said something that you hadn't intended. I'm wrong and reach outlandish conclusions blah blah blah, we've exhausted that discussion. We've plainly laid it out for everybody else and they can read it for themselves. No sense for either of us to beat our heads against the wall anymore when neither will be convinced otherwise. That topic is done, as you wish.

Next topic(tangent):

It is still hilarious to me that you still deny being a birther, that you think I had inferred that and that I am wrong. Lets discuss that. How are you not a birther conspiracy theorist if you think he was born in Kenya? You don't have to be at a tea party rally to fit that mold. The only requirement for that is to deny that Obama was born in Hawaii, making his birth certificate a forgery. So what sets you apart from others who fit that title, and why do you think he was born in Kenya?

You have differently perceived semantics behind your initial statement. I get it. I'll leave it alone. There is nothing I can do to convince you that your first post said something that you hadn't intended. I'm wrong and reach outlandish conclusions blah blah blah, we've exhausted that discussion. We've plainly laid it out for everybody else and they can read it for themselves. No sense for either of us to beat our heads against the wall anymore when neither will be convinced otherwise. That topic is done, as you wish.

Next topic(tangent):

It is still hilarious to me that you still deny being a birther, that you think I had inferred that and that I am wrong. Lets discuss that. How are you not a birther conspiracy theorist if you think he was born in Kenya? You don't have to be at a tea party rally to fit that mold. The only requirement for that is to deny that Obama was born in Hawaii, making his birth certificate a forgery. So what sets you apart from others who fit that title, and why do you think he was born in Kenya?

And there is nothing I can do to convince you that you are wrong. Even that sarcastic post disappoints me. It didn't say anything I didn't intend it too, simply said what it was meant to say, nothing more or less. You cannot admit you made 6 assumptions based off of one sentence that you couldn't properly comprehend.

Birthers as far as I understand the term is a group of people who believe Obama was born outside of the U.S. and is not eligible for president, while I believe he was born outside of the U.S., but shortly after birth immigrated to the U.S. and is and should be eligible for president. Where you are born does not in my opinion determine what nationality or culture one belongs too. He is an American in my eyes and should be eligible the only reason why I pointed out that he may of been born elsewhere was to defend my joke about Arnold being able to run one day because he tried to use this as his scapegoat to one day possibly run.

Why do I believe Obama wasn't "born" in the U.S.? Conflicting stories from parents, if I recall correctly he provided a doctored document and later provided a legitimate one, and it just should of been relatively fast and easy to provide this information and to have it verified. The fact that is was a slow and drawn out process is just unnecessary. As I said he probably immigrated here before one year of age or maybe older and lived his life here. As I also said it doesn't matter to me, he grew up with Americans, so he is American.

Never said I completely believed this. I am unsure, but leaning towards that he was born outside of the U.S.

Edited by Shadow

Not saying Trump is right, but isn't this similar to the bullying of Romney to release his tax records?

Sorry, I haven't been reading the thread. Are you saying the birther movement is similar to bullying Romney about his tax records?

Because I totally fucking agree. Both were equally pointless.

I also called when they would release his records. I said that he would wait until just before the debate so the media would be rambling about stupid shit like that and nothing substantial just before the debate begins. It was a smart move on his part.

Edited by The Junzou

Not saying Trump is right, but isn't this similar to the bullying of Romney to release his tax records?

Sorry, I haven't been reading the thread. Are you saying the birther movement is similar to bullying Romney about his tax records?

Because I totally fucking agree. Both were equally pointless.

I also called when they would release his records. I said that he would wait until just before the debate so the media would be rambling about stupid shit like that and nothing substantial just before the debate begins. It was a smart move on his part.

Yeah I was talking about that. They are both stupid distractions really.

>I believe more voters voted for Obama then against him for skin color.

>Implied I am a racist

Good game. I lift.

Obama got more than 93 percent of the votes from blacks and 71 percent from Hispanics. Romney beat him among whites' date=' with 58 percent. Overall, the turnout among whites was slightly lower than in the 2008 election.

[/quote']

It's easier to call someone white racist.