Sign in to follow this  
Bryan

window 8

Im running this on my media center, my gaming desktop, and my laptop.. I hate the way it looks, but it's extremely fast. With a few addons you can make it look like windows 7/Classic.

you dont have to use their apps, just install the normal stuff.. i use uhm classic toolbar or some such app that gets rid of metro completely unless i try to purposely bring it up (unlikely) I stuck with it for the performance increase

Well performance for windows 7 isnt really a problem with my computer, I did like the new look on copy paste files though.

As for the third party tools, I tried pokki and one other mod, both made me feel as I was using an unfinished OS.

Edited by Lindseth

performance isnt an issue for me either, windows 8's kernel is just more optimized, so free performance (well 40$) anyway, try classic shell; i've been pretty happy with it.

Windows 8 with Start8 or ClassicShell is working for me fairly well, they added quite a bit features. More than from vista -> so worth the cheap price imo.