Sign in to follow this  
Youngz

Question regarding move commands

So this is a question I have been curious about and I have been asked by another member. Every time I'm in the JailBreak server I encounter the warden doing a verbal command like so: When I type 'say go' / when I say 'type go' proceed to such and such blah blah blah.

My question is if the warden then types 'go' when he has said "types 'say go'"/ if he says 'go' when he has said "say 'type go'" is that considered baiting in anyway? Or is it just considered T's being deaf and not listening close enough to orders so they should be killed for moving. I have seen it enforced by admins both ways, where one considers it baiting and tells the CT's not to kill the T's because 'go' was typed out / was said. I have also seen admins say it is cannon and killing the T's moving is kosher.

Dick wardens sometimes do this every time they get warden, thereby killing off a bunch of T's but dead chat is always full of T's screaming about freekills, granted 80% of the time they just don't know the rules and so I explain why they were killed and so forth.

Is anyone else encountering questions raised by T's about this concern? Just wanted to know if you guys could clear this up for me because I would like to know for certain so I don't start to admin incorrectly and so that we all are on the same page about this event in the server. P.S. I did read the MOTD to make sure it was not already in there and I saw nothing about it.

Hard ass competitive JailBreakers will get in debates about this but nothing super serious, usually they just start to listen more closely and ask for repeats just to get clarity.

TL;DR - Read the first word of every paragraph

I personally don't do this.

I try to make Jail break fun, by not killing them off for small things.

I would say it's not against rules, it just makes the game unfun for those who didn't quite hear.

I would argue warden has to wait a second for someone to type repeat.

If you are a warden, make the game fun, kill T's for loosing or being retarded, not for small technicalities or because they just didn't understand you talking like a retard...

Just my 2 cents though.

It wouldn't be considered baiting. Generally verbal baiting is defined as saying 'po' instead of 'go', etc. This has been used as a way to get T's killed for quite awhile now. There's been ones like "When I type say type go start......" and it's simply viewed as a way to get T's killed for not paying attention. Over time the T's should get used to the warden's trying to trick them with the small things as opposed to completely obvious things.

Warden's job is to get the T's killed, yes this might be viewed as a little 'unfair' or whatever you want to call it, but it's just another way to wipe out some T's.

HAHAA "so my dick is hard"

anyways, i let "when i type 'say go' all ts blahlblblahlablah" slide, but i can see how retards can get confused with it. baiting to me is like saying "semen says" instead of simon says, or another ct saying go when the warden has to say it. if it's clearly heard as type say go, and he only types go, it's just inattentive listening by the t

HAHAA "so my dick is hard"

anyways, i let "when i type 'say go' all ts blahlblblahlablah" slide, but i can see how retards can get confused with it. baiting to me is like saying "semen says" instead of simon says, or another ct saying go when the warden has to say it. if it's clearly heard as type say go, and he only types go, it's just inattentive listening by the t

So here is the best answer, as picked by Ctark.

It isn't baiting but I still frown upon people who do this.

And this is how most 'fun' wardens would view it.

Be innovative and find better ways to kill the terrorists. People need to stop being kill whores imo.

Its not that bad unless you get warden with a sorry mic or one who likes to try to speed talk, most the other time it just gets the t's that cant follow directions including myself at times when the kids are screaming or the wife is nagging me when im trying to listen..

Pretty low, and fairly ineffective. If you really want to kill Ts, just have them play spelling bee.

Essentially this.

Hell, you can utilize simple MOTD games like Bloody Blobby trivia and take out most of the team easily.

Well while we're on this topic, I'll see what everyone has to say about the following scenario.

Assume I am warden and my command is: "When I TYPE 'say go', all T's should move to bottom of cell stairs." At this point I would probably SAY go, and kill any T's that decided to move. However, after the first round of T's are dead, I decide to TYPE only 'go'. Again T's that move are not correctly following orders and should die. The debate I have is whether or not typing 'go' is considered baiting (when the command was TYPE 'say go'). This has been brought up numerous times on the server and clarification would be nice.

Second scenario:

"When I SAY 'go', all T's should move to bottom of cell stairs." A terrorist asks for a repeat, so I repeat the orders "When I SAY 'go', all T's should to bottom of cell stairs." At this point, some T's decide to move and some decide not to move (technically I have said 'go', therefore T's should be moving). My question on this one is whether or not the repeat counts as saying go. If it does count, then is there a way to repeat my orders, so the T's that didn't actually hear the first order don't get killed when they don't move?

Thanks for input ^_^

"When I SAY 'go', all T's should move to bottom of cell stairs." A terrorist asks for a repeat, so I repeat the orders "When I SAY 'go', all T's should to bottom of cell stairs." At this point, some T's decide to move and some decide not to move (technically I have said 'go', therefore T's should be moving). My question on this one is whether or not the repeat counts as saying go. If it does count, then is there a way to repeat my orders, so the T's that didn't actually hear the first order don't get killed when they don't move?

They are allowed to move as soon as you say 'go' so the go in the repeat is valid.

You could always say something like "after I say go twice, blablablalba" repeat: blabla go blabla = once, then your actual 'go' = second time.

Well while we're on this topic, I'll see what everyone has to say about the following scenario.

Assume I am warden and my command is: "When I TYPE 'say go', all T's should move to bottom of cell stairs." At this point I would probably SAY go, and kill any T's that decided to move. However, after the first round of T's are dead, I decide to TYPE only 'go'. Again T's that move are not correctly following orders and should die. The debate I have is whether or not typing 'go' is considered baiting (when the command was TYPE 'say go'). This has been brought up numerous times on the server and clarification would be nice.

Second scenario:

Thanks for input ^_^

First scenario is legitimate and can be done if the warden feels like it.

In the second scenario the moment you do say go (in this example it's when you repeated your orders) the Ts are supposed to go to said destination. It's up to your discretion whether or not you kill the Ts that dont move after the repeat but the ones that do move after/during the repeat should not be killed because you did say go.

Second scenario:

Thanks for input ^_^

well, for the second scenario, i would allow "THIS IS A REPEAT, when i say go, etc etc etc" to be classified as not actually saying go, therefore getting passed the repeat thing.

first scenario is legit

Say 'type go'.

Type 'go' when ready.

Say 'I've typed go'.

Now all terrorists understand that it's time to follow the order and you don't have to worry about accidentally typing 'go' and confusing everyone. It's that goddamn simple.

Edited by Bacn

Say 'type go'.

Type 'go' when ready.

Say 'I've typed go'.

Now all terrorists understand that it's time to follow the order and you don't have to worry about accidentally typing 'go' and confusing everyone. It's that goddamn simple.

wardens have moved on from using such simple tactics

When your cell doors open up, take one step out of your cell, face your cell and freeze, then jump twice and crouch once, do a 1080 and then do a 720 and jump 3 more times, take two steps forward and three steps back and freeze without detour or delay. At any point during this process if I type "say go type start", crouch 3 times in a row but jump between each crouch and reverse the directions I've given you from that point on.

I'll repeat once.

Good luck.

When your cell doors open up, take one step out of your cell, face your cell and freeze, then jump twice and crouch once, do a 1080 and then do a 720 and jump 3 more times, take two steps forward and three steps back and freeze without detour or delay. At any point during this process if I type "say go type start", crouch 3 times in a row but jump between each crouch and reverse the directions I've given you from that point on.

I'll repeat once.

Good luck.

Have you actually tried using this yet? Sounds like it would be hilarious the first few times, as long as CT's don't actually kill anyone.

I'll repeat once.

Good luck.

Have you actually tried using this yet? Sounds like it would be hilarious the first few times, as long as CT's don't actually kill anyone.

Fixed.

I'll repeat once.

Good luck.

Fixed.

As fun as it sounds. I remember from CS:S there was a rule the admins enforced saying you can't give T's more than a 360 turn order when exiting cells.

I'll repeat once.

Good luck.

Fixed.

As fun as it sounds. I remember from CS:S there was a rule the admins enforced saying you can't give T's more than a 360 turn order when exiting cells.

????????

That never existed, people would pull "do a 1440 turn" or a 540 turn all the time.