Sign in to follow this  
SpecialBrownies

Proposition: New Map Specific Rule: White House Mines = Automatic KOS

I propose, that we make a map specific rule for the map of white house (Don't the the exact name and I don't care). It's about the mines, that

are under the main floor and can only be accessed by pushing a dead body into the floor to break through the floor. All carrying/placing/activating/pushing of the mines should be an automatic KOS such as carrying explosive oil drums. Why? Because trolls/fgts/etc, put them in random places and I'm fucking tired of running into them whenever I'm trying to get around the map. Just add it in with the explosive oil drum rule.

EDIT: Also, wasn't thinking of this but on rooftops the axe should also be auto KOS because people just pick it up when they're innocent and run around killing people for no fucking reason and complain that it is RDM when somebody kills them.

Edited by SpecialBrownies

KOS is better why? Because your killing someone for using the map for shits/gigs. Slaying them will only cause a bigger issue. "I was unjustly slayed for the map killing you etc etc" Also you can shoot it open with a auto shotty. But honestly its whatever though I don't know how many times i have run into people with it. But then again thats when we all had tons of fun playing the game as a clan.

KOS is better why? Because your killing someone for using the map for shits/gigs. Slaying them will only cause a bigger issue. "I was unjustly slayed for the map killing you etc etc" Also you can shoot it open with a auto shotty. But honestly its whatever though I don't know how many times i have run into people with it. But then again thats when we all had tons of fun playing the game as a clan.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't done EVERY round. Usually by the same people also. Mainly the KOS will just kill the people using the mines/axe.

Edited by SpecialBrownies

Wat.

This is so simple: They blow shit up, they act like explosive barrels. If you're carrying one, someone can shoot you in the face. I've always told everyone that it's the same as carrying barrels, and if you are going to carry one, prepare your anus because I'll fucking wreck you. Ezpz.

It should not be against the rules and the person carrying them should not be slayed. It's part of the map, it's fun.

I also vote against this proposition.

IIRC, you can shoot a person running at you carrying any props/map-related weapons that can kill people (I.E the axe, lightsaber, explosive barrel etc). If they complain, redirect them to this thread. Also, don't make them illegal to use completely, it's not that big of a deal. That's like saying we should ban the traitor testers.

Edited by Kowai Cat Girl

It should not be against the rules and the person carrying them should not be slayed. It's part of the map, it's fun.

I also vote against this proposition.

Deltron they have no right to complain if they are killing innocents. The mines are basically exploding barrels. Any player could have their round fucked over because some douche decided to arm a mine and place it by the lift button covered by a painting. No one likes getting killed for no reason.

The same thing goes for the axe. The axe is a prop and prop killing is against the rules. So if someone is killing people with the props they will be kos'd. If inno they will get in trouble.

Aero your argument is invalid. The mine is basically an exploding barrel. So why should we kos one but not the other when they both do the exact same thing? If people want to run around with the mine I'm gonna shoot them because chances are they are going to arm it and place it somewhere to kill people.

IMO it would probably be easier to solve this if an ENG or whoever that knows how to change things in a map just removes the mines from white house and the axe from rooftops. It would definitely prevent people from bitching about being slayed or banned because they thought it'd be funny to rdm a bunch of people.

Being KOS'd is fine, but I meant a person should not be slain or banned cause they're carrying around an explosive barrel or mine, but that's just me cause I like to have fun and find it funny.

I quietly carry out Dojima's will and blow these mines up every round on this map because I know it's what he would have wanted to spectate/do if he ever played.

As for punishing/KOS for fucking with the mines, eh there's other places to hang around than the mines that usually don't get a chance to be placed anywhere.

It's the exact same thing as holding an explosive barrel. Even worse because they can explode on touch. Holding explosive barrels is KOS in the motd. This doesn't even show up in the damagelogs either(making it much harder to deal with a complaint of rdm from a mine). I got tired of arguing with idiots who kept doing it and complaining after I slayed them so much that I just stopped punishing for it or even playing on that map, because a lot of the idiots were other admins. Anyways, it's a loophole saying it's not in the motd, and loopholing faggots like that just need to be banned c:

Edited by Tubbles

I think the mines add something no other map has, it shouldn't be KOSable, because it's the person who walks on them's fault.

It's not the person who walks on them's fault because somebody puts it in a highly populated area and anybody around it (If it gets set off) will either die or be very close to death. The mines are something no other map has but it's meant for Traitors obviously, making the mines should be a legit KOS.

He's clueless on how the mine can be abused.

I am not clueless on how they can be abused. I simply don't die from them. I don't think I have ever died from them unless someone literally walked up to me and pushed the button and blew us both up. In that case, the person should be slain, kos'ed or whatever punishment you want to apply for RDM. However, I don't think the mines are in a descreet enough spot for them to even be practical for Traitors to use without instantly being killed, that is why I don't think they should be KOSable.

He's clueless on how the mine can be abused.

I am not clueless on how they can be abused. I simply don't die from them. I don't think I have ever died from them unless someone literally walked up to me and pushed the button and blew us both up. In that case, the person should be slain, kos'ed or whatever punishment you want to apply for RDM. However, I don't think the mines are in a descreet enough spot for them to even be practical for Traitors to use without instantly being killed, that is why I don't think they should be KOSable.

kill us both? you have obviously never seen me use the mines, dude i launch that shit into crowds, kill everyone and walk out without taking any dmg