Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

What should I do?

I rolled a new character yesterday. Started East of Chernogorsk and spent probably 4+ hours looting. I have everything I need, food, drink, 16 slot backpack, map, compass, all the goodies and whatnot and a AK-74 with three mags and my sidearm. Now I'm taking the road North out of Cherno and heading to Stary Sobor to hit up the military camp for extra supplies and maybe a better gun. That's as far as I've ever made it in DayZ. Last time I got there I found an M16 and more than enough ammo, but got sniped heading south out of Stary Sobor.

Anyways, my question is where should I head after that? I was thinking NW airfield because I've never been there before but I'm not sure. I'll be on a low pop server if I do that though.

I was thinking about joining a server with less than 5 people or no people at all to do that.

Edit: I also wanted to ask about tents. What exactly are they used for? Should I even bother with them?

I was thinking about joining a server with less than 5 people or no people at all to do that.

Edit: I also wanted to ask about tents. What exactly are they used for? Should I even bother with them?

TENTS ARE USED FOR DUPING AND NOTHING ELSE

Ok thank you, I guess I won't be bothering with them then ;)

In all honesty they are used to store high-value items so that you can restock if you die, they are stored server-side and don't disappear, but don't go cross-server, so they will stay on the server you are playing on. Others can loot them though. BUT STILL REALLY GOOD TO STORE DUPED ITEMS

Ok thank you, I guess I won't be bothering with them then ;)

In all honesty they are used to store high-value items so that you can restock if you die, they are stored server-side and don't disappear, but don't go cross-server, so they will stay on the server you are playing on. Others can loot them though. BUT STILL REALLY GOOD TO STORE DUPED ITEMS

Ok that is really cool, thanks! I can think of a few places to hide a tent and exactly what I'll be able to fill it with. :D

You search the vehicle hot spots with some spare tires and fuel on you. Then you take that vehicle, and find better loot. Then once doing that, you either set up near a large town and wait to kill others, or you team up with friends to kill others, while using the vehicle as your perfect transport.

in my opinion i wouldn't search NW airfield since zombie spawn rate is high. i would search for crash helicopter sites because have more rare loot. Bad part about crash sites they respawn when server respawn.

Server hopping is not such a great idea. The best thing to do is to cycle all the loot. I.E take all the shit out run away and do it to another building and then run back. The stuff should respawn and you don't have to server hop and spawn in front of people.

NW airfield is great for loot although high amount of people camp there. Server hopping is for fags and so is duping. Tents are great to basically store items for when you die or run low on supplies. You can explore the map or decide if you wana find vehicles or hunt people down or help people out.

Edited by Shadow

I'd say avoid NW airfield unless you have a friend with a sniper to watch your back. I've been on a server with 3 people, and one was just camping Airfield...

I rolled a new character yesterday. Started East of Chernogorsk and spent probably 4+ hours looting. I have everything I need, food, drink, 16 slot backpack, map, compass, all the goodies and whatnot and a AK-74 with three mags and my sidearm. Now I'm taking the road North out of Cherno and heading to Stary Sobor to hit up the military camp for extra supplies and maybe a better gun. That's as far as I've ever made it in DayZ. Last time I got there I found an M16 and more than enough ammo, but got sniped heading south out of Stary Sobor.

Anyways, my question is where should I head after that? I was thinking NW airfield because I've never been there before but I'm not sure. I'll be on a low pop server if I do that though.

I hate you....

Sign in to follow this