Sign in to follow this  
Flippingpnoy

Decent laptop

Hey guys im goin to buy a laptop today or maybe tomorrow and i need help. I am looking for a decent laptop that could play minecraft and csgo for under $500 i am really on a tight budget now so 500 is all i can spend. Asus maybe? Specs? Thanks guys. I appreciate anything from you guys

Guest Sandy Balls

Safe bet

131583-mbair_large.jpg

Edited by Sandy Balls

Guest Sandy Balls

Lol thats like $999 isnt it

Maybe :P

https://www.system76...ops/model/gazp7

^^Unfortunately, system76 no longer have the option for the 2gb gddr5 Nvidea 580m, but they release a new line of laptops every 4-8 weeks and will probably be putting out new shit shortly. Last december I bought my laptop from there, 16gbs of ram (i cost me $8 to upgrade from 12gb to 16gb, so why the hell not), 512gb solid state, Nvidea 580m with 2gb gdr5, 15" screen at 1080p with 95% gamut (no idea what that means, but the picture is the best I've seen, and it's much more usable then apple's retarded retina display.) and it has an i7 at 2.4ghz quad-core hyper-threading. It ran me $1312 before shipping. That might seem light a lot, but the competitors were ALL more than double. Only con to that site is that you don't get a windows key with the computer, hence that's why it's so cheap. Every time it says windows is included for free, it's not.

If you want an apple computer, you can get a decent macbook off eBay for $600. That will give you some gaming capabilities now that steam is out for mac. If you do that, you'll have to invest your time because a lot of macbooks from back in the day had the shittiest graphics cards that would leave you with countless hours of cs 1.6. So do your research on that shit dude. if you want a mac directly from apple, http://store.apple.c...pecialdeals/mac the lowest computer is the air on there which is $769.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Zoxopirezox Jared

I've got this which is around $625, I don't really use it for gaming but It can run minecraft and CS:S fairly well. I have no idea about CS:GO though.

cs:go is the same engine, so it'll run about the same, just a little slower. But if you can play css at max settings (aside from anitalyasing or however you spell it) it should be more than playable.

https://www.system76...ops/model/gazp7

^^Unfortunately, system76 no longer have the option for the 2gb gddr5 Nvidea 580m, but they release a new line of laptops every 4-8 weeks and will probably be putting out new shit shortly. Last december I bought my laptop from there, 16gbs of ram (i cost me $8 to upgrade from 12gb to 16gb, so why the hell not), 512gb solid state, Nvidea 580m with 2gb gdr5, 15" screen at 1080p with 95% gamut (no idea what that means, but the picture is the best I've seen, and it's much more usable then apple's retarded retina display.) and it has an i7 at 2.4ghz quad-core hyper-threading. It ran me $1312 before shipping. That might seem light a lot, but the competitors were ALL more than double. Only con to that site is that you don't get a windows key with the computer, hence that's why it's so cheap. Every time it says windows is included for free, it's not.

If you want an apple computer, you can get a decent macbook off eBay for $600. That will give you some gaming capabilities now that steam is out for mac. If you do that, you'll have to invest your time because a lot of macbooks from back in the day had the shittiest graphics cards that would leave you with countless hours of cs 1.6. So do your research on that shit dude. if you want a mac directly from apple, http://store.apple.c...pecialdeals/mac the lowest computer is the air on there which is $769.

Hope that helps!

@Windows issue:

If you are a student of nearly ANY university with a .edu email, you can get shit tons of free stuff from microsoft by signing up at https://www.dreamspark.com/

I use msdnna but it's basically the same thing as Dreamspark only for programming classes.

it'll run about the same, just a little slower. But if you can play css at max settings (aside from anitalyasing or however you spell it) it should be more than playable.

Nope.

all i want is a shit netbook with an amazing display to complement my gamen machin- but they dont exist and tablets are useless

or i could scrap the new rig and buy one macbook

Its 2012, all about the pixel density baby

ive seen those new macbook displays in person

kick ass rape display>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>playing crysis at 200fps

regular $100 24 inch 1080p: 92ppi

gold plated $700-1000 2560x1440 :110ppi

$2200 macbook: 220 ppi

iphone 4g: 328ppi <- where i want my monitor at.

untill everyone else in the industry realizes this and make better screens with technology thats been available for 10+ years, apple looks like a viable option for once

decent laptop for 500 dollars? i dont think that'd be possible

its 2012, even smart phones are getting to the point where they will be able run crysis

Edited by Chicago Ted

all i want is a shit netbook with an amazing display to complement my gamen machin- but they dont exist and tablets are useless

kick ass rape display>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>playing crysis at 200fps

untill everyone else in the industry realizes this and make better screens with technology thats been available for 10+ years, apple looks like a viable option for once

its 2012, even smart phones are getting to the point where they will be able run crysis

Macbooks are Kick Ass

oQo0n.gifoQo0n.gifoQo0n.gifoQo0n.gif

oQo0n.gifoQo0n.gifoQo0n.gifoQo0n.gif

... that screen blows. Too many pixels for a small screen. You can't even access it unless you have an app that's compatible for it. And if you do use their enormous resolution through a hack or app, you cant even read text without having to zoom in. 1080p for a 15inch is almost too much, that's what my laptop is. fucken mac fags.

... that screen blows. Too many pixels for a small screen. You can't even access it unless you have an app that's compatible for it. And if you do use their enormous resolution through a hack or app, you cant even read text without having to zoom in. 1080p for a 15inch is almost too much, that's what my laptop is. fucken mac fags.

Get better eyes scrub

i just bought my laptop 4days ago it was a xps l502x i7 with a geforce gt 525m runs decent it was 700$$ so you need to save up comes with 6gb ram , 750hd and 2.00ghz prossessor