• Yes
    • No
    • Overpowered, yes
    • Underpowered, yes.

The Blind Monk

Concept: League.

Knife only race.

~1500 required level

Restrictions: Enchanted Chainmail, Mask of Death.

Spawns with 4 grenades each round.

Skills

5 skills with 10 levels each

Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike: Hitting an enemy with a knife or grenade will deal + 1-10 damage, removes any invisibility, and will Mark the enemy. Only one enemy can be Marked and hitting another enemy will add a Mark to that enemy and remove the Mark from the previous one. If more than one person is hit at the same time via a grenade, a random enemy hit will be Marked. Marks will be removed at the end of the round.

In addition, pressing "ability" will activate Resonating Strike, launching you at the Marked enemy, stunning him for .1-1 second and dealing 20 damage if your body hits his. Cooldown: 5 seconds. This will essentially be a Human's teleport towards the Mark's current location, indiscriminant of whether you are looking at or can even see the Mark when you hit your "ability" key. I'd say the strength of the teleport should equal to that of a fully leveled human's ultimate's. I'd imagine this skill could be dodged by hiding behind a ledge/cabinet, so that should lead to improved strategies, which would add much more depth to the game if playing against this race.

Safeguard/Ironwill: Grants 10-45% dodge rate, +10-30% movement speed, and +20-120% levitation.

In addition, every time you dodge, you will recieve 5-15 health.

Flurry: Hitting an enemy will increase movement speed by an additional +1-10%, stacks up to two times. Increased movement speed will be removed after 1-6 seconds. In addition, you gain 5-15 health each time you hit an enemy, 2-7 if slashing.

Tempest/Cripple: Hitting an enemy will have a 40-60% chance to shake them and also a 40-60% chance to banish them for 1-3 seconds.

In addition, the first time you hit an enemy, you will slow them by 10-40%, lasting 5 seconds. The second time, you will stun them for .5-1.5 seconds, provided they have been slowed by you.

Ultimate: Dragon's Rage: With a fierce roundhouse kick, you push all surrounding enemies back, immobilizing them for 1-2 seconds, shaking them for 1-3 seconds, and also dealing 5-20 damage to each of them. The enemy nearest you takes 10-40 damage instead of 5-20. Cooldown: 20 seconds. I was thinking a combination of Harlute's ult mixed with Zeratul's ult. Enemies would be thrown in the air, except instead of going straight up, they'd go up and away from you, and also not so high that they take fall damage. The air time should not exceed the immobilizing duration, which would basically be a Night Elf's Entangled Root effect, where they can't move their character themselves while getting pushed away, but can still shoot.

Possible alternate name: Niseel, adding to the rich flavor of our newer race names, while retaining the original monk's name, Lee Sin.

Noone's been posting any new race concepts and no new races have been added recently, so I thought I might add something I was thinking about.

Edited by Rootbeer Koolaid

Guest Sandy Balls

if we gonna do this, then we need teemo.

and rammus for skitt.

Edited by Sandy Balls

Tempest/Cripple: Hitting an enemy will have a 40-60% chance to shake them and also a 40-60% chance to banish them for 1-3 seconds.

In addition, the first time you hit an enemy, you will slow them by 10-40%, lasting 5 seconds. The second time, you will stun them for .5-1.5 seconds, provided they have been slowed by you.

The stun seems significantly overpowered as you're almost guaranteed a stun by the fact that you slowed him. Perhaps make it a percentage on hit for the stun.

The stun seems significantly overpowered as you're almost guaranteed a stun by the fact that you slowed him. Perhaps make it a percentage on hit for the stun.

I thought him up with mobility similar to flame predator in mind. The biggest problem I have with flame pred over the past 6 or so years is after you run up and hit someone at full hp, if you don't proc your weapon dropping skill, they will shoot you in the face, and hopefully you'll explode on them. Plus the fact that the majority of the races that people play nowadays has health over 110 or evasion and also that Priest and Siren are highly popular races and can heal the entire team over 2 knife KO, taking away the suicide and adding in the stun on 2nd hit seemed like a good trade-off to me. With that in mind, if too much stun time is a problem, I think % stun is a good idea to try after reducing stun duration, since we already have a guaranteed stun if you hopefully A) Hit someone with a grenade, and B ), Hit them with the "ability".

Edited by Rootbeer Koolaid