Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

iPhone 4 question

I'm getting an iPhone 4 this week (its a family deal thing, so it's pretty much free), and I was wondering about 'Siri'. Is it strictly for iPhone 4 S or will I be able to get it on the normal iPhone 4?

Thanks!

As far as I know you can't. I heard that it is possible with jailbreaking, but it is illegal because it contains all of apples code so I don't think it was ever released. Not positive though.

EDIT: Nevermind I lied.

http://www.redmondpie.com/spire-install-siri-on-iphone-4-3gs-ipod-touch-ipad-1-legally/

Edited by ZachPL

Alright thanks guys. I'm probably not going to do the port to get it on my phone, too much work and nobody I know has a 4S for me use for authentication. I'll check out Google Voice Search when I get the phone.

Its legal if you use the software Spire from cydia. Its only issue is you must have a proxy server with iphone4S siri keys in to work. There are websites that offer such proxy services for a fee (none wants to run such a system just for themselves)

Source:

My old iphone 4 with full siri for $40 a year for the proxy service

Edited by dormantlemon