Sign in to follow this  
JDDZip

Revival

Any change we delete some of the races on WCS #2 redo it a little bit and try a revival? I know its been done a few times and it's a pain in the ass but I really miss WCS #2 back in the day.

Just a thought!

~JDD

As far as I know, that was being done by MrCoolness, Minidude, and Iyedol. But haven't heard much of anything in a few weeks about it. I'm sure if you bug one of them enough they may tell ya what's up with the revamping of the server.

When we do try to populate it. we get around 10 players a day, and that's if we're lucky, then everyone stops playing in a week. Shit just won't stay populated.

They are still working on a complete revamp. Last I talked to them they had a pretty sizeable beta ready for windows, and are currently porting it to our linux server. It's taking awhile because some directory structure and naming conflicts in the code, but I'm sure it should be ready soon. I'll be the first to know and tell everyone.

Gotcha well if they need help I'll lend a hand still remember how to code most important thing is balancing the races (obviously)

As far as I know, that was being done by MrCoolness, Minidude, and Iyedol. But haven't heard much of anything in a few weeks about it. I'm sure if you bug one of them enough they may tell ya what's up with the revamping of the server.

They are still working on a complete revamp. Last I talked to them they had a pretty sizeable beta ready for windows, and are currently porting it to our linux server. It's taking awhile because some directory structure and naming conflicts in the code, but I'm sure it should be ready soon. I'll be the first to know and tell everyone.

This was ages ago, there has been no work since that has been done. Mini Dude never attempted to fix the problem with the porting and I haven't heard from him for months. Since not hearing from him I've contemplated re-doing everything once again but by myself several times. It's just too much work for one individual and the reward doesn't feel promising. If anyone wants to re-make the server I have over 30+ races fully coded and all the public variables for the code. If you really know what you're doing when it comes to Python and have the time to spare, message me and I'll set you up; if you do I'll continue to work on races again.

If i knew how to code I would be more than happy to help.

As would I and many others. I feel that even if we were to fix the coding it still wouldn't be revived and if anything, hurt the population of WCS1. The main problem is that CSS is dying and has bee for quite some time.

Well even so, theres no telling what would happen unless we try. True the population of wcs1 might drop a little, but it could just bring a whole new crowd to sg servers.

Pretty much what he said. Also having to figgure out pre-hooking events, because the tool i was using appearantly is in alpha, and not on linux yet, so having to redo all that stuff i had setup.

Back in my day when we had multiple server like SH#1 SH#2 SH#3 it was because we couldn't fit all the players onto one server, so we made 3-4 server and they had a shared database with the same xp and levels for everybody, it was a traffic thing and our players understood it to be that. Maybe make the title of the server different, WCS #2 sounds like a secondary server, the primary always being the better of the two, wether it actually is true it doesn't matter, humans brains work on primitive levels. 1 is better than 2 ESPECIALLY when the server have nothing in common. Make WCS2 it's OWN server, give it a little name, nothing generic like azeroth or cataclysm, be a little creative.

WCS EvO

WCS Black

too stronk

Edited by bran.downs

They're fixing my baby? For reals?

Mang, I miss WCS2 from the GOOD OLD DAYS that most of these scrubs never knew. Oh how I hope it can be returned to it's former glory where it was more popular, and BALANCED, than WCS1 ever was. MAKE IT SO!

Edit: You guys get this working and you'll have me playing CSS again. WTF?! This cannot be allowed to come to pass! xD

Edited by Llethander

They're fixing my baby? For reals?

Mang, I miss WCS2 from the GOOD OLD DAYS that most of these scrubs never knew. Oh how I hope it can be returned to it's former glory where it was more popular, and BALANCED, than WCS1 ever was. MAKE IT SO!

Edit: You guys get this working and you'll have me playing CSS again. WTF?! This cannot be allowed to come to pass! xD

heheheheheheheheheh. Seriously though, they worked on making the races more normalized during alpha. Hopefully that continues :>

heheheheheheheheheh. Seriously though, they worked on making the races more normalized during alpha. Hopefully that continues :>

Heeey now, back in the prime of WCS2 - back when I played every freakin' day - the races on WCS2 were actually Balanced. WCS1 has always suffered from balance issues between races, especially when fox.Bios was heading the server, but WCS2 used to recieve regular balance tweaks. At the same time, all new classes for WCS2 recieved extensive testing during times of low-population, generally at night or in the wee hours of the morning, and any players inconvenienced were compensated in some way, generally with a few freebie levels.

It wasn't always as bad as it is now. D:

Edited by Llethander

Sign in to follow this