Sign in to follow this  
Lesbian Dad

Day Z: Arma II Zombie Mod

We all like zombies right? And I am sure you've heard of Arma ... probably one of the most intense combat sims available. Well, I myself am not too much into military sim stuff Arma offers but, when I saw the Day Z zombie mod and heard some people talking about it on a podcast, I knew I had to try it.

So anybody already have Arma or some people want to give it a try with me?

http://dayzmod.com/about.php

[media=]

Day Z features such things like:

Persistent Server - Fed up of spending so many hours working towards a goal or finding supplies and then the server crashes on you losing all your progress? Well with the DayZ server all stat's are saved to our external database so where ever you log off, whatever you have will be keep on you next time you come back in. This means you can spend however long you want doing what you want to do. As long as you don't die during the night!
Hunting and Survival - Eating and drinking is a core part of gameplay, you can tell if you need something by a very subtle GUI which doesn't effect the atmosphere, and if you don't fulfil those needs. You'll die. Wandering animals can killed and gutted (with the right tools) to gain access to their meat which can be eaten so you live longer but also to gain blood. For once these animals actually have a use.
Custom Medical System - ArmA II's magic medic feature is a thing of the past with this medical system - If you get shot, expect to bleed and to lose blood until you're bandaged up. Lost too much blood? Then expect to fall over unconscious. If you get shot in the leg then you won't be able to walk until you get morphine so you can man up. Pain is also a factor taken into consideration so without pain killers after taking an injury you'll continue to shake. This is medical at it's best!

Average life expectancy per play: 30 minutes

Edited by Lesbian Dad

Is Arma II all you need, or do you also need some of the expansions?

You need Arma 2 and the expansion, Arrowhead aka Arma II: Combined Operations which Steam has for $30.

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/4638/

I should also note that the mod installation is a whole different process, just like with any other Source mod.

Edited by Lesbian Dad

Late to the party with this one, a lot of sG members have been playing it for weeks.

Perhaps they would have some input then since I haven't seen another post about it?

PRO TIP: Kill everyone except your friends. Everyone is out to be the best and they will back stab anyone to do so.

PRO TIP#2: When in a firefight don't make slow movements. Either rush at them and move side to side or try your best to flank them.

PRO TIP#3: Never ask if anyone is friendly in Cherno due to obvious reasons.

PRO TIP#4: If you have no clue where you are in the world, every time you log in it says where you are at the bottom right of your screen. It goes away really fast so be sure to look for it.

PRO TIP#5: Drag zombies into buildings because they walk and it's 10x easier to shoot them. Exceptions are aircraft hangers.

Zombies are a nuisance but the real problem is other players.

Edited by Tristan.

When you kill somebody, the proper way to say goodbye is scream "No tears, only dreams now"

I think whispering it softly into their ears would be better.

When you kill somebody, the proper way to say goodbye is scream "No tears, only dreams now"

I think whispering it softly into their ears would be better.

That way would be better if you stabbed them in the back by acting friendly til they let their guard down, and you just put a bullet to their head. :P

Edited by Salv

After you play enough, you can get good guns within an hour.

But it is true what blob said, you spend most that time running from city to city lol.

Running Simulator 2K12 w/ Zombies

I'll try to play tonight perhaps, my rage quit has subsided.

If you want a friendly neighborhood sniper, I've got a DMR and plenty of ammo if you want a little backup. :D

I've been playing with Polloloco, dead silent and specialbrownies on CA1 everynight for the past few days that i have been playing the game theyve been great help with helping me understand the game more as to what cities you should stay away from if youre new & where to find good items. I find the game to be alot of fun. As to the running around part its not so bad because you can go through cities and find more items. I reccomend you use a map until you find one in the game its definetly helps out alot.

Edited by Phoenixx

Guest Sandy Balls

I can confirm that Mimics inventory is indeed 100% legit.