Sign in to follow this  
ZachPL

Student owns cop

ban guns = more happyness

No.

Lol wana compare death's by a gun in a legalized country

with a country where they arent legal?

Death = no happiness, I assumed u were smarter than this marine xD

Yeah, I'll go ahead and look at the charts of how many deaths happened from the 300% increase of armed burglary in Britain in the first year of Britain banning guns for civilians.

less killing/drugwars/illigal trade/assasinations/gangs/shouldIcontinue?

If you think banning guns would result in less crime you're an idiot. Criminals don't get their guns legally anyways, and the black market for firearms is so large in the US that criminalizing gun ownership would only increase the problem by disallowing law-abiding citizens from defending themselves.

Banning handguns would result in less deaths by handguns, and less deaths overall, in any place that currently allows the easy purchase and carry of handguns.

It would take time for them to be moved out of the market and out of the hands of criminals, but it would eventually happen.

The whole issue here is that he had his gun out. If it were really that bad to have it out, then it should be illegal. It's not illegal, and the cops have no business messing with him about it. Doesn't matter what his motives are for carrying it. He has the right to be a prick if he wants to.

It is a big enough concern that a number of states and DC HAVE banned open-carry. His being a prick comes at the expense of the perceived security of others, and they have a right to feel safe as well. The thing you don't seem to grasp is that people don't do this. Anyone with half a brain does not go walking around with a handgun exposed through a neighborhood unless they're trying to make a statement, or plan to use it. This kid was trying to provoke a confrontation with police.

The odds of him being some smart-ass just carrying his gun for the hell of it are VERY low compared to the odds that he is a credible threat to the safety of others. The police had a right to stop and question him; a guy carrying a gun through a neighborhood, while legal, is suspicious. Just like a guy walking around at night wearing all black and a ski mask is legal, it is suspicious. It's abnormal, and it indicates a higher probability (unless you're a smartass law student trying to provoke an argument) that a crime is about to be committed.

I agree with you except for one part.

"The police had a right to stop and question him"

No, they didn't.

If you think banning guns would result in less crime you're an idiot. Criminals don't get their guns legally anyways, and the black market for firearms is so large in the US that criminalizing gun ownership would only increase the problem by disallowing law-abiding citizens from defending themselves.

How about accidental shootings? there are numberous of people shooting them selves while being retarded, those are deaths that don't happen when u illigalise guns.

AND you make it way easier for criminals to get those guns.

And its funny how all y'all are hating on the police, first thing you do when ur house gets robbed, your family gets violated or w/e you run towards them to file a report or call them for their help. Fucking respect the lawenforcement who just wanted to be sure that the guy didn't have bad plans....

How about accidental shootings? there are numberous of people shooting them selves while being retarded, those are deaths that don't happen when u illigalise guns.

How about people that accidentally O.D. off medication from substance abuse? How about people who get accidentally run over on the street because someone ran a red light? How about when someone takes a blunt weapon and accidentally kills their neighbor after finding out they slept with their wife? How about when someone accidentally slips and falls down a set of stairs because they wore flip flops?

Criminals will get guns regardless on the laws. Law-abiding citizens would be restricted and more vulnerable.

Large difference between America and Europe is this quote.

“You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass.”

Edited by Marine

The odds of him being some smart-ass just carrying his gun for the hell of it are VERY low compared to the odds that he is a credible threat to the safety of others.

Not really. I think I'd be much more concerned about someone illegally carrying a concealed firearm than someone displaying it in a holstered manner out in the open.

People felt threatened because some douche bag was carrying a firearm down a public area. Pretty sure anyone would feel threatened in any situation if someone was sporting around something that can kill you in mere moments in close proximity to your person.

Sounds like a personal problem. At any given moment, someone around you may be carrying a concealed weapon, but people aren't in fear for their life 24/7. Just 'cause you can see his weapon doesn't mean you're more likely to be harmed by it.

And its funny how all y'all are hating on the police, first thing you do when ur house gets robbed, your family gets violated or w/e you run towards them to file a report or call them for their help. Fucking respect the lawenforcement who just wanted to be sure that the guy didn't have bad plans....

Well, that's the process. Believe me, if vigilantism were permitted, many people would go that route.

And its funny how all y'all are hating on the police, first thing you do when ur house gets robbed, your family gets violated or w/e you run towards them to file a report or call them for their help.

No, the first thing I do is pull out my gat and blat blat that criminal dome. I'm not gonna call the police and wait around for a half an hour when there's a criminal in my house trying to murder me and steal my pizza pockets.

Edited by Dyscivist

The whole issue here is that he had his gun out. If it were really that bad to have it out, then it should be illegal. It's not illegal, and the cops have no business messing with him about it. Doesn't matter what his motives are for carrying it. He has the right to be a prick if he wants to.

It is a big enough concern that a number of states and DC HAVE banned open-carry. His being a prick comes at the expense of the perceived security of others, and they have a right to feel safe as well. The thing you don't seem to grasp is that people don't do this. Anyone with half a brain does not go walking around with a handgun exposed through a neighborhood unless they're trying to make a statement, or plan to use it. This kid was trying to provoke a confrontation with police.

The odds of him being some smart-ass just carrying his gun for the hell of it are VERY low compared to the odds that he is a credible threat to the safety of others. The police had a right to stop and question him; a guy carrying a gun through a neighborhood, while legal, is suspicious. Just like a guy walking around at night wearing all black and a ski mask is legal, it is suspicious. It's abnormal, and it indicates a higher probability (unless you're a smartass law student trying to provoke an argument) that a crime is about to be committed.

No, they didn't.

I'm pretty sure if civilians make a call about something suspicious, the cops are going to investigate. In this case civilians worried about a guy carrying a gun openly in a public area. It's not like they are going to ignore the calls just because the law says it's legal to carry. No, they are going to get off their asses and see what's going on.

No, they didn't.

I'm pretty sure if civilians make a call about something suspicious, the cops are going to investigate. In this case civilians worried about a guy carrying a gun openly in a public area. It's not like they are going to ignore the calls just because the law says it's legal to carry. No, they are going to get off their asses and see what's going on.

You're right, they will. What they should have done was "Oh, it's just a guy open carrying legally while taking a walk. No cause for alarm."

Wake me up when the number of gun crimes with shooters who have openly holstered weapons is greater than the number of gun crimes with shooters who have concealed weapons.

No, Blob! Don't go to sleep! Then you'll never wake up!

R.I.P. Blob - A man who slept himself to death.

Wake me up when the number of gun crimes with shooters who have openly holstered weapons is greater than the number of gun crimes with shooters who have concealed weapons.

Wake me up when the number of gun crimes with shooters who have openly holstered weapons and legal concealed weapons is greater than the number of gun crimes with shooters who have illegally concealed weapons.

Wake me up when the number of gun crimes with shooters who have openly holstered weapons and legal concealed weapons is greater than the number of gun crimes with shooters who have illegally concealed weapons.

Precisely.