Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Evil

Zimmerman, Guilty or Innocent?

blacks get killed every day in poor neighbourhoods by other black people.

off-tone white man shoots black teen in gated community : national debate.

best society is best society

sounds a tad racist worded like that, but true nonetheless

It is racist... blacks killing blacks is perfectly acceptable in the public eye, but as soon as a white guy shoots a black kid.. woah boy, we got ourselves a story!

The circumstances surrounding the shooting are horrible, but he would have never had the defense attorney he has now without the media. He will probably get off on some minor form of manslaughter mixed with self defense. If it's jury it, he will be non guilty because they will run with the stand your ground story forever.

its just a good showcase for the justice system and what exactly happens in it.......

lawyers get paid.

I lived in Orlando for 6 months and there were blacks shooting blacks every single day. Not even exaggerating, it was on the news EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY. But when a white man shoots a black man, it's racist and our country goes bonkers.

EDIT: What Shiny said.. :P

Edited by KGameLover1

I think he's guilty, no doubt, but I don't think its that important. More people die in even less just causes by the droves every day. About two weeks back they discovered 50 decapitated bodies on the side of the road in mexico. Didn't really make headlines. This is one death. Meh. Stand your ground is a stupid law.

Well, he's obviously fucking guilty, murder is still murder.

I understand why he would do this, even though the police told him explicitly to take no action, but he still killed a kid.

Guilty of manslaughter, not murder. Theres no evidence it was planned and that he only shot Trayvon when he probably jumped on zimmerman in self defense. Some random guy walks up to you with a gun, he's white and people of your race have been shot in racist killings recently? Yeah, I would've jumped on him. Zimmerman provoked him and was told not to follow him but instead he did and this is what happened because of it.

tl,dr; Appeasement trial.

Edited by Oreo

They also had evidence of trayvon doing illegal things in the past like drugs and stealing

Irrelevant to the situation. Weed is the only drug he had a past history with and it doesn't cause you to go batshit crazy, it relaxes you. Stealing is also irrelevant, zimmerman had no knowledge of him and nothing he was doing constituted stealing.

did anyone stop caring when they found out he was mexican not white?

its not racist to ask a question

You're correct, it's not racist to ask a question. However, it can be seen as racist to immediately pick out someone whos' african american wearing a hoodie and thinking automatically it's "suspicious". He's possibly connecting skin color and the hoodie to crime. What if Trayvon was white? Would he have followed him then? He was also told numerous times NOT to follow Trayvon and unfortunately we have no video of the instance. If Zimmerman made a motion towards having/pulling out a gun and asked odd questions then i'm pretty sure i'd either run or jump on the guy and try to subdue him before he possibly shoots/injures me. No one other than the two of them were there however and with one of them being dead, we can only get one of the two stories. All in all, evidence supports his actions caused an act of manslaughter but they won't charge him with that at all. Nothing constitutes murder because there's nothing supporting that he planned on injuring/killing trayvon/

Edited by Oreo

Guilty of at least manslaughter. He is certainly a terrible person for instigating such a situation and being a racist piece of shit, but murder is tough to prove in this case. Evidence leads me to believe Trayvon got tired of being followed and confronted Zimmerman, at which point the situation becomes blurrier and Trayvon ends up dead. It is a damn shame that juries in Florida are unable to clear a defendant of a crime but find guilty to a lesser charge, because the case for manslaughter here is nearly airtight. Overambitious DA is going to let the guy walk free because he chose to charge with Murder 2 instead.

It is a damn shame that juries in Florida are unable to clear a defendant of a crime but find guilty to a lesser charge, because the case for manslaughter here is nearly airtight. Overambitious DA is going to let the guy walk free because he chose to charge with Murder 2 instead.

They can still convict for manslaughter.

I know that manslaughter and murder are not the same charge, but if he is acquitted on murder then isn't it double jeopardy if they pursue charges of manslaughter afterwards.

THey're jeopardizing their case by going for murder because they can bring up the idea that the DA is out for blood due to biased beliefs on racism and such. More or less I feel this case is just a appeasement trial so theres a trial but Zimmerman isnt proven guilty and ends up putting the police in an even odder spot then they are now.