Sign in to follow this  
dormantlemon

CS:GO Come at me bro!

Yeah it's like valve and activision had a drunken love child and for some reason didn't abandon it. CS has and should always be a Half Life mod, valve broke my heart with this crap. Despite my opinion I think cs:go will do very well in the esports world as it seems its heavily geared towards 5v5.

I really wanted the next counter-strike to follow in the footsteps of it's predecessors, either by accompanying or marking a release of a full Half-Life title. The release of cs:go seems a bit underhanded, especially in today's fps market who's trend is set by fucking Activision with their every-christmas-a-treyarch-or-infinityward-release of the same shit. CS:GO feels spontaneous, rushed, and especially because of the huge delay of Half-Life 3, it's an emotional let down that counter strike is leaving half-life behind.

It will nonetheless be a good game and do well in e-sports tournies.

Just wondering but what about CS GO do you guys not like about it?

player models, animations, stances of player models, graphics, THE FUCKING RETICLE.

The one thing that bugs me the most is the CoD style graphics. It's just simply not counter-strike anymore. Graphics are nice for some games, but I don't think people understand that counter-strike's graphics are quite unique in how much people stand out vs environment around them. They kept that style from OG CS to source, and, in my eyes, has been the best online multiplayer FPS to ever be made. However, from a business and financial standpoint, I can see them wanting to go quite a bit more flashy and appealing as to draw in all the new generation faggot population kids that play fps(CoD 12yr old casuals, if you will). I am thoroughly displeased with valve on this one. Gaming in general has gone down hill in quality, game mechanics, and physics. CS:GO is a prime example of this.

Just wondering but what about CS GO do you guys not like about it?

player models, animations, stances of player models, graphics, THE FUCKING RETICLE.

The one thing that bugs me the most is the CoD style graphics. It's just simply not counter-strike anymore. Graphics are nice for some games, but I don't think people understand that counter-strike's graphics are quite unique in how much people stand out vs environment around them. They kept that style from OG CS to source, and, in my eyes, has been the best online multiplayer FPS to ever be made. However, from a business and financial standpoint, I can see them wanting to go quite a bit more flashy and appealing as to draw in all the new generation faggot population kids that play fps(CoD 12yr old casuals, if you will). I am thoroughly displeased with valve on this one. Gaming in general has gone down hill in quality, game mechanics, and physics. CS:GO is a prime example of this.

agree and disagree. Its NOTHING like counterstrike, and doesnt deserve the counterstrike name. BUT i quite like it as a game in itself, even in beta, it feels far better than most FPS's around now. My only concern with it is that the original maps have changed far too much. Safe cover in CS is no longer safe in GO due to a number of prop changes adjusting visibility becuase the prop is now totally different (a pile of bricks instead of a crate; the prop has no corner, and from the right angle you can see through the middle of the pile)

Has anyone tried offline with bots yet? Apparently, after you die, you can go the matrix agent smith style and take over the bots after you're dead and can continue to play. Its pretty awesome to be able to jump bodies.

The game is complete trash. Thank you Behos, for letting my confirm my thoughts.

no problem bro

I really wanted the next counter-strike to follow in the footsteps of it's predecessors, either by accompanying or marking a release of a full Half-Life title. The release of cs:go seems a bit underhanded, especially in today's fps market who's trend is set by fucking Activision with their every-christmas-a-treyarch-or-infinityward-release of the same shit. CS:GO feels spontaneous, rushed, and especially because of the huge delay of Half-Life 3, it's an emotional let down that counter strike is leaving half-life behind.

It will nonetheless be a good game and do well in e-sports tournies.

>french canadian who can type in proper english

what the FUCK