Sign in to follow this  
Frvwfr3

[WCS 1] WE NEED TEXTURE MAPS.

We really should add some of the texture maps. They are amazingly well designed for WCS servers. Server I was on before had like every one of them, and it was AMAZING fun.

Also its good to get some new maps other than office and italy that are good xD

We really should add some of the texture maps. They are amazingly well designed for WCS servers. Server I was on before had like every one of them, and it was AMAZING fun.

Also its good to get some new maps other than office and italy that are good xD

Texture maps screw over any race that is dependent on invisibility. I'd be able to see a lurker from across the map, assuming that the map is the size of a normal texture map. I enjoy texture maps as well, but I don't think they would work very well in a WCS environment.

Guest Horny©at

I disagree with you Mimic. I have always enjoyed the gameplay element that texture maps have brought to css. It forces you to use cover and those maps are build for performance, so you're gonna get much better fps and gameplay from a map like that.

I remember playing a tx map that had fun in it's name, I forgot which; but moral of the story, much fun was had in that map.

Texture maps screw over any race that is dependent on invisibility. I'd be able to see a lurker from across the map, assuming that the map is the size of a normal texture map. I enjoy texture maps as well, but I don't think they would work very well in a WCS environment.

They work perfectly in a wcs environment. There are many texture maps with shadows and darker areas as well for invis races. We should definitely consider adding some texture and FY maps.

I'll go with your word on it, skitt. From my experience on texture maps on modded servers, the spawns would instantly be filled with enemies due to longjump and/or teleport.

I'll go with your word on it, skitt. From my experience on texture maps on modded servers, the spawns would instantly be filled with enemies due to longjump and/or teleport.

All depends what maps you get, I used to play on a wcs server, that had invis races, and they worked just fine on the texture maps. They had SEVERAL texture maps, which were played A LOT, and no races had issues that I can remember.. I know that that server used to have invis races that wer all the way from 70-99% that people still played on them...