Sign in to follow this  
DERP DERP

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive announced (PSN PC XBLA - Early 2012)

I don't care what it is. I'm going to be part of the legion of idiots who will buy it regardless.

lol me too, probably. If it looks half decent I'll buy for sure. They better not fuck it up.

I can't wait for video's to be released, I'm excited about this!

More info:

http://www.eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9969

TLDR:

• based on updated source engine
  • not designed as a CS2, but rather a multi-platform (xbox live arcade, PSN, steam) game based heavily on the CS games with most maps and weapons brought from CS:S
  • repolished textures, skins, animations, and weapons (very nice looking)
  • bringing many of the old maps (including train, dust, dust2, nuke, etc.)
  • new-ish player movement, but air movement very similar to CS:S (yay surf?)
  • Valve wanted to create a more balanced weapon system that would expand beyond the main four weapons (AWP, M4, AK, and Deagle).
  • few new weapons were added, including a new heavy machine gun rifle, new pistols, and a new shotgun
  • added molotov cocktails, an expensive $850 item, which can be used to slow down opponents and re-route opponents through AOE damage; currently stackable and bounce (versus an instant break)
  • Decoy grenades are also a new item that can be thrown to emit gun sounds and give the illusion of there being a player
  • Without needing to purchase Kevlar, Valve tweaked the price of some guns (most notably the AK, which is now more expensive) and money rewards. The money system is the second area that we felt needed the most work
  • Ammo is still free
  • The people reporting this information are people very experienced with CS and CS:S, (ESEA, ESL, Zblock people, etc.) and the developers were eagerly listening to all of their concerns and suggestions for tweaking while the pros played (similarly to how Valve brought pro teams in for DotA 2 for testing).

More info:

http://www.eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9969

TLDR:

• repolished textures, skins, animations, and weapons
  • bringing many of the old maps (including train, dust, dust2, nuke, etc.)
  • new-ish player movement, but air movement very similar to CS:S (yay surf?)
  • Valve wanted to create a more balanced weapon system that would expand beyond the main four weapons (AWP, M4, AK, and Deagle).
  • few new weapons were added, including a new heavy machine gun rifle, new pistols, and a new shotgun
  • added molotov cocktails, an expensive $850 item, which can be used to slow down opponents and re-route opponents through AOE damage; currently stackable and bounce (versus an instant break)
  • Decoy grenades are also a new item that can be thrown to emit gun sounds and give the illusion of there being a player
  • Without needing to purchase Kevlar, Valve tweaked the price of some guns (most notably the AK, which is now more expensive) and money rewards. The money system is the second area that we felt needed the most work
  • Ammo is still free
  • The people reporting this information are people very experienced with CS and CS:S, (ESEA, ESL, Zblock people, etc.) and the developers were eagerly listening to all of their concerns and suggestions for tweaking while the pros played (similarly to how Valve brought pro teams in for DotA 2 for testing).

^Orly?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh some wild speculation in this thread.

http://eseanews.com/index.php?s=news&d=comments&id=9969

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/jgehv/iama_guy_who_spend_the_day_at_valves_headquarters/

Reddit is the true gold mine link, has a ton of info.

I'm sure this new game will be super amazing and fun, but I have way too much invested in Counter Strike Source. All the mods, maps, game modes and servers are too much to leave behind for another game, even if it's a better game in the same series.I

But it sounds like they're less interested in pushing Counter Strike Source forward and more interested in creating a Counter Strike game that's sole purpose is to be incredibly competitive, which I can totally dig even if it'll never be able to capture my interest like Counter Strike Source did.

CS:S is almost ten years old.

Can't keep moving forward forever bro.

Guest Ethan1

Weird. The other day I thought " what if valve made a new counter-strike."

Im scared to see what console fans will think. "WTF I CANT AIM DOWN THE SIGHT. WTF I HAVE TO BUY MY SHIT INGAME? THIS IS GHEY I QUIT!" What im more worried about is how long it will take for all of our servers to be moved to CS:GO.

CS:S is almost ten years old.

Can't keep moving forward forever bro.

I meant push the series in the same direction that Source is going in. Of course they aren't going to be adding more content to the game.

Im scared to see what console fans will think. "WTF I CANT AIM DOWN THE SIGHT. WTF I HAVE TO BUY MY SHIT INGAME? THIS IS GHEY I QUIT!" What im more worried about is how long it will take for all of our servers to be moved to CS:GO.

inb4 they add aim down sight and unlockable weapons vis-à-vis Call of Duty

The fact that they're making it on what is basically the same engine doesn't set my hopes too high. Whenever I've fantasized about a newer, better CS game I've always pictured it on whatever beautiful god of all engines they will (eventually) release HL3 on.

Inb4....

NO DEDICATED SERVERS

HATS ERRYWHERE

GAME IS FREE

NO MOD SUPPORT

ADMIN SUPPORT ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH VALVE'S INTERFACE OF KICK+BAN PERMANENTLY ONLY

NO RCON

NO CONSOLE

SHITTY WEAPONS

COD COPY

IRON SIGHTS

BAD HIT REGISTRATION

Well then. If it doesn't include any of those, at worst it will be.....

GAME MADE FROM A 2007 GAME ENGINE

Some very CoD-esque features have already been announced sadly :\, "Lastly, Global Offensive will support matchmaking and leaderboards."

If they add iron sights then they broke counter strike and I won't even consider playing it.