Sign in to follow this  
chaos4499

JPG Issues

I just took some photos on a Canon Rebel XT and they are in the JPG format. This is a problem because I cannot view them or upload them. Is there anyway I can view them or convert them to JPEG? I have tried looking around on the interwebs (probably not well) and I could really use some advice/help.

This. Also download Adobe Bridge, it will make your life easier. Nice camera by the way.

I think he should probably figure out his jpg/jpeg issue before moving onto Bridge >.<

might have something in his Reg fucked up.

Might not be mapping the .jpg extension the same as a .jpeg.

alright as everyone else has said, just rename the .jpg to a .jpeg..

if you do not see the file extension (ex: picture.jpg) then you have to enable file extentions, go to the menu bar in windows explorer, click: tools>folder options> view. Uncheck: Hide extensions for known file types.

Now press apply, and ok. you should now see picture as picture.jpg, right click> rename rename to picture.jpeg.

try to open, if it opens fine (I would guess probably with microsoft photo viewer or something similar) then you know it's just a file mapping issue. if it still doesn't open, right click the file (picture.jpeg) and click: open with.

find something like "windows photo and fax viewer" OR "microsoft picture viewer" OR anything else that sounds like it would open a picture files, if you can't find anyhting, use paint.

UNCHECK the box that says something like "open files with this extension in the future" or some shit like that. make sure it works first.

get back to us on what happens, Ctark

I have got to be fucking retarded lol, where is tools in windows explorer? Also, I failed to mention that I have windows 7

fuck. sorry bro.

Press "Alt" the menu should appear

also, W...T...F.... ultra? r u serious?

You need to convert them into a .png, then convert them to a .gif, before you can convert them into a .psd, so that they can easily be exported to .jpeg.

you forgot something about making a screenshot, using a camera to take a pic of the monitor of the screenshot and uploading the photo again.... this process makes the picture clearer, as the camera does some tricks...

Start -> search for "default programs"

Click on Set Associations

Scroll down to .jpg or .jpeg (or whatever you want to change)

right now, mine (for both) is set to Windows Photo Viewer. double click on the one you want to change, change it