Sign in to follow this  
Jungle Fever

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

So I just got back from seeing this new movie in theaters and all I can say is wow. I'm astonished how good it turned out and how it flows so well with the original/remake Planet of the Apes movie. If you've seen the first movie, you should not be too confused.

Just figured i'd post to recommend seeing this movie, because this movie really caught my eye. Perfect balance of action and cleverness along with the array of emotions I felt when watching it. Simply phenomenal.

Aperaham Lincoln.

I honestly didn't want to see it. At the looks of the trailer, it reminded me of the usual nonsense: OH MY GOD! HUMANITY IS IN CHAOS! EVIL FORCES ARISE! ONE BEING SAVES THEM ALL! EVERYONE IS HAPPY, THE DEAD ARE AVENGED, AND MOVIE ENDS.

lol clearly you never watched the originals

Never stated so. I said about the trailer.

If you had asked me, "Have you watched the original," I would have said no. Then my statement would have made sense.

Never stated so. I said about the trailer.

If you had asked me, "Have you watched the original," I would have said no. Then my statement would have made sense.

I was laughing at the fact that the trailer turned you off of the movie when in all likelihood that is not what happens in the movie and you might enjoy a macabre ending.

I wanted to see it. That is until they showed the trailer every other fucking commercial for the last 2 weeks. I had seen the same trailer over and over that it just turned me off to the movie. I'll probably watch it when it is available at RedBox.

I dunno if I'll see this, but this series is kinda becoming like Friday the 13th with all the sequels and prequels they can find out there.

Trailer was awful, made the movie look bad. I dont understand how a bunch of monkeys, OOH BUT THEY ARENT JUST NORMAL MONKEYS...THEY HAVE SPEARS. AND PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITIES. So basically early humans, can beat the advanced militaries of today?

Trailer was awful, made the movie look bad. I dont understand how a bunch of monkeys, OOH BUT THEY ARENT JUST NORMAL MONKEYS...THEY HAVE SPEARS. So basically early humans, can beat the advanced militaries of today?

You clearly need to watch the movie to make a bold statement like that. No, they can't take over just because they have spears. Why don't you actually watch what happens in the movie. It is basically like taking a chimpanzee, which is already far superior in strength to a human, and making it SMARTER than a human.

If you haven't seen the first movie, I would not expect you to understand this movie, and the same goes for any movie series. However I was able to enjoy this movie having only seen the original/remake, so it really isn't necessary to see the proceeding movies.

Trailer was awful, made the movie look bad. I dont understand how a bunch of monkeys, OOH BUT THEY ARENT JUST NORMAL MONKEYS...THEY HAVE SPEARS. AND PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITIES. So basically early humans, can beat the advanced militaries of today?

They used guerrilla warfare. :3

Seriously though, this movie is bananas.

SPOILER ALERT.

Why the fuck did it end that way? Do you honestly think the humans will just let a bunch of over intelligent apes live in the redwoods because they want to? Especially after they killed humans and did so much damage to the city?

I argued this with my friend and he said it's because the humans have bigger things to worry about - The infection among humans. This is bullshit, because the humans don't even know ALZ113

The original story line was way better. But i really liked this story also.

I recommend watching it, the movie was sublime!

EDIT: (Guitars comment): Bro. They fucking fought the whole San Fransisco police force, MAKING, there way to the Redwood. Will told Ceaser that if he stayed there he would die, so its just a matter of time until the humans go back. Which means the next movie they make.

You clearly need to watch the movie to make a bold statement like that. No, they can't take over just because they have spears. Why don't you actually watch what happens in the movie. It is basically like taking a chimpanzee, which is already far superior in strength to a human, and making it SMARTER than a human.

If you haven't seen the first movie, I would not expect you to understand this movie, and the same goes for any movie series. However I was able to enjoy this movie having only seen the original/remake, so it really isn't necessary to see the proceeding movies.

I wasnt saying that the movie didnt make sense, just what they showed in the trailer didnt make sense.

The move wasn't REALLY good but I did think it was fairly decent. What bothered me was the fact that they ended the movie w/o finding out the virus was spreading. Also I honestly thought that the black chimp with scar that got the ALZ113 was gonna turn into some evil super ape and was going to fight Caesar the ALZ112 chimp.

The move wasn't REALLY good but I did think it was fairly decent. What bothered me was the fact that they ended the movie w/o finding out the virus was spreading. Also I honestly thought that the black chimp with scar that got the ALZ113 was gonna turn into some evil super ape and was going to fight Caesar the ALZ112 chimp.

You actually do find out the virus is spreading at the end. You seem the neighbor, who was sneezed on by the other sick guy (who died), begin to board an airplane, which everyone knows circulates air. Then the yellow lines on the credits screen showed the spreading of the disease, first as one line (or the people on the airplane) and the multiple spreading lines after delineate the spread of the disease to various places.