Sign in to follow this  
Guest Horny©at

I'm noticing something bad

Guest Horny©at

Many new people are leaving the server because of the stupid rtd plugin that was put, I myself am getting mad at some of these. Can we please fix it or add more variety? Let me tell you how stupid some of these are.

• Alcohol - blinds you with a white screen for the entire round GG bitch Drug - while I don't have a problem with this one, can we fix it so people don't get drugged every round, it's broken, once that round finishes for some reason drugs are still on the next round. Rocket - This has to be the worst one, it shoots you up once you type the command, you get 1 HP, then it drops you down and you die. WTF is that shit? Longjump- I have mixed feelings about this one, if it's possible tone down the longjump ( I don't know if you can manually change the rtd plugin but if possible do it), right now it's just way too much 100 seconds shake - I don't even have to explain this one, traps are undoable for 100 seconds basically and many people die because of AFk killers when they roll this, while it does lessen, it's way to long

Some of the ones that are good are:

• .065 speed - A similar form of valium, not bad, it punishes you, but passing traps are still doable, and bhoppers might like this one. 1.65 speed - similar to cocaine half gravity - These provide an edge over some traps which is good give 50 health - another good one lose 50 health - a bad outcome but not too over the top, rtd can't always be good things. give flashbangs and HEgrenades - another nice touch to rtd, not over the top but can be useful in the right hands

These are not all the rtd's This is my major gripe with them (some people might share my same opinion too) : I understand that the rtd plugin has to be a mix of good and bad outcomes but right now the bad outcomes just seems to happen more than the good and when somebody does roll a bad rtd, the bad outcome is so extreme and over the top and not even a chance is given. Also variety, why are so many rtd's restricted, is it THAT bad?

• For some reason, I can't space out sentences and format this thread nicely.

It's the players own risk if he wants to roll the dice. If he gets something sucky, sucks for him. But i do agree, some of these are ridiculous. But i wouldn't rage in game if i got any of them.

Guest Horny©at

I understand that rtd is suppose to be risky, that's not the problem, the problem is the bad outcomes seem to proc with a higher chance (because there are more of them) and they are too severe.

Guest Horny©at

Never knew that taboo, even more reason to take it off or change it.

Alcohol doesn't give me a white screen, it gives me some crazy stretched view, I think it's very original and interesting to try to run with.

The 100 second shake - bullshit i agree, whats even the point

and all the broken ones should be fixed or removed if not fixable, or at least removed until a fix is possible or theres time to fix it

i like them, you have a chance to roll something good or something bad, and if you dont want to roll you dont have to.

People just complain when they get something bad cause they didnt get what they want :3

i like them, you have a chance to roll something good or something bad, and if you dont want to roll you dont have to.

People just complain when they get something bad cause they didnt get what they want :3

longjump is bullshit

shaken should be less then 100 seconds

and some maps have an afk killer, when ur out of spawn, that starts less the 30 seconds

rocket just stops people from playing.

I simply dont use RTD unless its an emergency and im hoping for a lucky roll that will save me. Generally RTDs are not to be trusted, some are 50/50 with bad and good stuff, or some have alot of kinda neutral/slightly bad stuff, it seems this one has alot of bad stuff and not enough good? Oh well...ill go into server and test it out asap, because in the times I used it I didnt really get much of anything.

first off, rtd's should not be more fair. if at all, there should be many more. making them fair is not the right way to go. keep the ones we have and add 15 more "powers."

rtd is not really meant to help the CTs, the Ts can use it too. rtd is meant to add variety. it is a voluntary, chance system that can fuck you over or help you beat the level. DR is not really about beating the Ts, is about completing the map.

sure it feels like the RTD right now is not fair, because it's not meant to be. the DR theme is not meant to be fair. if you don't like the idea of possiblly becoming a projectile explosive, then fuck off, don't RTD. when you RTD, you RTD.

fucking deal with it.

add more but don't balance out the powers.

I'm fine with everything, besides the 100 second shake and 30 second freeze.

The freeze has gotten me killed many a time due to afk killers that begin early.

Shake is okay, it's just that 100 seconds is way too long.

Guest Horny©at
first off, rtd's should not be more fair. if at all, there should be many more. making them fair is not the right way to go. keep the ones we have and add 15 more "powers." rtd is not really meant to help the CTs, the Ts can use it too. rtd is meant to add variety. it is a voluntary, chance system that can fuck you over or help you beat the level. DR is not really about beating the Ts, is about completing the map. sure it feels like the RTD right now is not fair, because it's not meant to be. the DR theme is not meant to be fair. if you don't like the idea of possiblly becoming a projectile explosive, then fuck off, don't RTD. when you RTD, you RTD. fucking deal with it. add more but don't balance out the powers.
' Your missing the point, it's not about "deal with it anymore". we all know RTD is not meant to be a positive thing all the time. What I'm saying is instead of rolling the dice, it feels more like a game of Russian roulette. Although I will agree with you that we need more variety and more diverse outcomes whether it be good or bad. I don't know why but when I roll alcohol, my entire screen turns white for the rest of the round and for others it does that stretch thing. Does it have to do with the client?

' Your missing the point, it's not about "deal with it anymore". we all know RTD is not meant to be a positive thing all the time. What I'm saying is instead of rolling the dice, it feels more like a game of Russian roulette. Although I will agree with you that we need more variety and more diverse outcomes whether it be good or bad. I don't know why but when I roll alcohol, my entire screen turns white for the rest of the round and for others it does that stretch thing. Does it have to do with the client?

you're waging a point that doesn't make sense. RR is the same as RTD. it's chance. take it or don't do it at all. if you don't want to have screen effects, then don't RTD. plain and simple. pick up the gun and hope for a good outcome or put it down.

the risks are all there in plain sight. it's simply your fault for playing the game with RTD. of course it feels like RR BECAUSE IT IS.

I tweaked some of the skills. Namely lowering the amount of time on freeze and shake, as well as toning down rocket/long jump. That still leaves some bad rolls, but hopefully stops people from bitching so much -.-

Also rockets kill other players too I believe.

Yeah... Killed others in spawn I walked away with like 10 hp xD

Yeah most of the time I don't rtd :D

I find the DR server perfectly fine and the rtd plugin humorous >_>

THIS MITCH MY MAN!!!!

Only thing wrong is a good number of the maps are glitched (but i think this is due to CSS, not the server/maps).

Sign in to follow this