Sign in to follow this  
Reaper0470

Affiliate

So recently I decided to try affiliate marketing. For those who don't know what that is, it's basically advertising/promoting products or a company itself and getting paid by said company for it.

Example: I advertise for maybe gamefly. For every one that clicks the link with my special code in it to go to the site and buys something, I would get a commission for there sale.

Now I know how to get into the whole advertising companies with links and becomeing an affiliate for them, but how can I really be able to promote my site, which i post the links etc, to get visitors?

I've thought about maybe posting the link on my Facebook profile page but where else could i go?

Any suggestions?

This might sound like uncharted territory, but go on 4chan, go to /b/, post a picture that looks like it could be a crappy one taken of you holding wads of cash (or just a crappy picture of cash) tinyurl the link (only if the link doesnt sound like one that people go to make money) and just say you got $50 in a day or some shit from the site.

???

PROFIT!!!!!!!!1111eleventy!

Ysee, every like 10th post on /b/ is people posting links to moneymaking/gift sites and saying how much money they made, so people should click their link so everyone wins. Seems to work

Advertise it in your sig for all forums you use.

Sounds pretty good. When I finally get everything set I might do that.

I've thought about it too. Let me know how it goes.

Sure thing. It seems like it's a smart way to go especially since everything is starting to revolve around the internet. Obviously things will start slow but I'm hoping to pick it up and really go far.

Guest Ethan1
Advertise it in your sig for all forums you use.

That might break advertising rules but I am not 100% sure.

What if they're a bit more cautious and they click your link, but oh shit right now they have a special circle-jerk-meeting to go to, and they can't buy Duke Nukem from Gamefly right now so instead they just visit it later with their own link? fuuuuuuuck amigo, you're out that money.

plus you look like a whore, like Goldentongue said.

fuuuuuuuck amigo, you're out that money.

No business is without risk. Shit happens. Deal with it and move on. Billions of people use the internet. Chances of things like that happening are up but so are the chances of it not happening. people do this already and make over 10,000 a month from multiple links to different sites. Online shopping is becomeing the new thing.

I've just read that when someone clicks your specific link, a cookie is stored on there computer for a period of time. Meaning even if the person shuts off there computer or returns to the site at a later date, any purchase they make will be traced back to you until the timeframe of the cookie is over. So say a company you advertise has a 30-day cookie. Any purchase the person made during that time period is a commission for you as long as they clicked on your advertising link to the companies site.