Sign in to follow this  
GiaNNi`~

Mastered Life.

Their is a species of Jellyfish, called the turritopsis nutricula species, that has developed over time, in a way, that lets them cycle through life. These may be the only living species on earth that has no lifespan. "The key lies in a process called transdifferentiation, where one type of cell is transformed into another type of cell." Once the Jellyfish gets to its elder, mature stage, they reverse their aging process and become little jellys again. Scientists are currently scrutinizing them and trying to figure out how they have obtained the 'fountain of youth'. They orginated in the Caribbean, but are now expanding.

I just thought this was really cool and felt like sharing.

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/guest_bloggers/26/the-world-s-only-immortal-animal.html

We've been trying to do this for years and these jellyfish come out of no where with immortality. We just go bitch slapped by mother nature.

Jellyfish can't get blowjobs, drink beer, or watch Firefly.

Quality, not quanitity bro.

This and the greatness of having opposable thumbs. Couldn't really live without them, now could we? (Well we could, but still - Life would suck then.)

True, but if we unlock immortality... HOLY FUCK.

I don't even want to begin to think of the ramifications, I'll wait until I'm bored at work tonight to think about it lol

Very true, but it is still a bitch that Mother Nature decided to give one of her greatest gifts to something that doesn't even have a brain. But then again I believe this picture explains it all.

troll+face.png

Sooooo.... Jelly fish hunting season is open? I mean, they don't die naturally, so we humans must show them what's what.

Speak for yourself, I already have 500 jellyfish hanging from hooks on my wall, I'm a taxidermist.