Sign in to follow this  
Jungle Fever

Need admins

I don't usually play TTT, but I decided to stop in a few minutes ago. In the, maybe 10 minutes I was there I was RDMd by a detective for following him (name fear but doesn't matter), at the start of the round in 15 seconds (name Snoulbora).

Then in the following round as a detective was saw 2-3 players freeshooting eachother, one of whom was again fear.

Not sure if you guys know who this dude is. I don't have any demos, but his steam id is STEAM_0:0:7291342, in case anyone has a problem with him in the future.

Maybe I just came on at a bad time, but otherwise something needs to be done admin-wise.

Sorry I hadn't. I'm not very familiar with the server but i'll do that in the future. But yeah i'm sure theres something up with that fear guy; I have a short demo actually but it just shows him freeshooting.

Well, TTT can be a bitch for that. Almost every single complaint I see that roots in those servers is basically a case of RDM/Freeshooting etc. Because its a very psychological game I guess, and alot of guessing whos a traitor, especially a skilled traitor, is from tiny ass things, theres a shitload of RDM.

Few examples - you see a guy near an unidentified corpse, standing around, not identifiying it? TATOROUS.

guy gives a few possible hints in chat? TATOR.

Guy is injured?OMGWTF KOS

his gun goes off? (Happens alot with touchpads yo, or even the guy just shooting out of boredom) OMG HES ATTACKING US ALL GUN HIM DOWN

having a knife always leads to killing ofc, so no point even picking them up off dead traitors.

Theres lots of small, small ways you get suspicious of somebody, even the way they point their gun, how they move/act/talk, theres so many ways, but really thats why TTT is so fun, its all about the human aspect.

RDM is inevitable, so just be careful guys. I learned in my early JB days in the summer of 2009 just to keep your finger off the left mouse button unless you absolutely have to fire. It really applies to TTT, until people get better thats the advice I give.

TL;DR: WOO MORE EXCUSES TO CALL STREET JUSTICE, YEAH!

I don't know what the deal is with detectives not wanting people to follow them, but I've been shot because of that multiple times.

You aren't allowed to shoot someone because they are following you. Nor should anyone be doing that to you. It's not against the rules to follow someone. I make jks myself saying if they keep following me I'm gonna shoot em. Only time i actually do is when I'm a tator and later i tell them I warned them not to follow lol

fear and snoul have been rdming people for some time, i have no proof but ill try and get some :)

I've noticed fear likes to call people out for no reason. Snoul, i dunno. Unfortunately, admins can't be on 24/7 so the best that can be done is to take a demo of the perpatrators and post it on the forums in the complaint department. It helps the admins find those who refuse to play the game right.

The secret to playing TTT: yell louder than someone else when they accuse me of doing something. 99% of the time they will get killed instead of me. Got RDM? No problem. Blame someone else for it! Got a bitch ass detective? No problem. Juan Deag him in the face, and tell everyone he had a heart attack. No mess, no fuss, just straight up trouble in terrorist town.

That sounds so stupid...so absolutely and insanely idiotic that....it just might work...

The secret to playing TTT: yell louder than someone else when they accuse me of doing something. 99% of the time they will get killed instead of me. Got RDM? No problem. Blame someone else for it! Got a bitch ass detective? No problem. Juan Deag him in the face, and tell everyone he had a heart attack. No mess, no fuss, just straight up trouble in terrorist town.

How about we just put a password on the server, or we could just nuke it, that solves all problems, except zombies...

I would like to apologize for the three people that I killed yesterday, I am still trying to get use to this TTT Game, but I still try my best to follow the rule, now from what I remember I didn't attentional RDM it was accidental, and for those of you who don't know me which is a lot of you my name is Nate, And I would like to state that i am not a troll, flamer, ass-hat, or butt-wipe that jumps from server to server RDMing people, if those of which would like me to be banned for like 15mins to a day or what ever fine. I have no problem with that, but I do understand your misfortune if my m3 or auto shotgun took your face off. I will see you guys in the server later on. :D

I agree that TTT needs more admins but I think having the paid admin for TTT should never happen. We just need more trusted people that have played TTT a lot and play it often to be given admin. I understand the problem with RCON and everything but we do need more admins on the server.

How about we offer paid admin for TTT... but in order for each person to be eligible for admin there needs to be a community/staff vote to approve that they will be a good fit for the job.

Just an idea.

How about we offer paid admin for TTT... but in order for each person to be eligible for admin there needs to be a community/staff vote to approve that they will be a good fit for the job.

Just an idea.

One of the reasons people pay for admin is so they can bypass all that and just be an admin.

One of the reasons people pay for admin is so they can bypass all that and just be an admin.

People would still want to pay for admin if they had to be voted in. TTT will NOT become JB

I've been on TTT often recently, and I can say w/o a doubt that Sportsteen, Jared & Gonepostal are on almost all the time. These three are the badasses of badassmins. Keep it up, gents.

I'm heavily against purchasing admin, btw. That's just stupid especially on TTT. I shudder to imagine a world where ace can be both annoying AND admin at the same time. :>

I would NEVER give support to having paid admin without having to change the server. Paying admins would have to have access to only so much of !xgui and logs, only after they die. I've been trying to reduce the number of people who cause problems, such as last night I went undercover for 3 hours and ended banning 5 people before the night was done with, but this style of game gives admins too much of an advantage if they use what they have at their disposal to see who traitors are, which is why we will probably never have a paying ttt admin.

A paying TTT admin would most likely end the server. With how easily an admin can look up who is a trator or change a persons job it would be stupid. Not to mention you might end up giving admin to a douche who'll ban someone for something stupid. Also theres the proptown and I'm sure many other commands that would most likely be abused immensely. sG would probably end up banning over 75% of the people who bought admin for TTT. Admin should stick to those in sG that are staff or SO's. Maybe givin to those who are believed to uphold the rules and not abuse the power they are givin (long time players, no record of breaking rules, etc).

A paying TTT admin would most likely end the server. With how easily an admin can look up who is a trator or change a persons job it would be stupid. Not to mention you might end up giving admin to a douche who'll ban someone for something stupid. Also theres the proptown and I'm sure many other commands that would most likely be abused immensely. sG would probably end up banning over 75% of the people who bought admin for TTT. Admin should stick to those in sG that are staff or SO's. Maybe givin to those who are believed to uphold the rules and not abuse the power they are givin (long time players, no record of breaking rules, etc).

@Bold. I believe blob gave out admin to a few people once. The only remaining non sG member with that is Tubbles, who is the only non sG SO.

Blob can give people he trusts admin I believe. However he normally doesn't for likely individual reasons.

Paid TTT admin= Bad idea.

It would be nice, but it would just cause a lot of confusion.

Current admins with admin that are not SO

Amp3, Tex1an2, iAlwaysFail, ShotgunSnipa, UltimateOreo

I like to keep it around 5.

Amp & Fail are european players that can handle odd hours

Shotgun & Tex are past SOs that still play on the server quite a bit and know what they are doing

UltimateOreo is a long time sG member and legend who really enjoys the server, and knows the rules

Most of the current SOs had this admin position before had as well.