Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ethan1

Multiplayer Sandbox

Guest Ethan1

I really want this, anyone know if it is even possible?

Guest Ethan1

I completely screwed that up, I meant multiplayer Toybox :P

I completely screwed that up, I meant multiplayer Toybox :P

I don't think that is technically possible.

You have to consider that when you play single-player GMOD, you are using Toybox so you can download data onto your machine ONLY and, in turn, onto the server to configure and upload for your satisfaction, whatever it might be.

Multiplayer Toybox is impossible at the moment. Consider you are playing on a server that only has Half-Life 2 in its database. You try to spawn a Zombine (which doesn't work) and nothing happens. This is essentially what Multiplayer Toybox would be: useless. You can't spawn what the server owner didn't pick/have, so that would not be very fun when jumping from server to server.

Guest Ethan1

So the best you could do is upload a bunch of Toybox things server-side?

So the best you could do is upload a bunch of Toybox things server-side?

Pretty much. The server has to have the files in order for it to flow smoothly and not crash. Clients on a Multiplayer Server could not use Toybox for themselves unless the server has its folders full of Toybox configurations.

Again, it's like having a GMOD Pack (such as the hoverboard or the Half-Life 1 Monster Pack) on a server that does not have it and trying to spawn it. It won't work at all--although it'll give you an error message saying "You can't spawn that!"

It's just a Coding limitation: The server is trying to find a variable that isn't there, so it just gives you the "nil" value.

Server and client need to have the same files. All you have to do is put on the server name such as "sG GARRYSMOD 4 FAGGOTS SANDBOX" a requirement such as "Spacebuild V5/ Toybox REQ" so that when a client is going to connect he sees "sG GARRYSMOD 4 FAGGOTS SANDBOX (Spacebuild V4/ Toybox REQ)" and will download it beforehand. You also should put it in the motd along with links to the pack. If the server has it and a client does not the client will see a big ERROR! model where the prop is.