Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLabyrinth

I need help.. Phones!

None of the new smart phones have what would be considered a long battery life, especially not a BB, unless you get an extended battery. So don't base your decision on the battery life, just get something you like.

iPhone is the only smartphone on verizon that will last more than a day without charging. I would know, I have a Thunderbolt.

iPhone is the only smartphone on verizon that will last more than a day without charging. I would know, I have a Thunderbolt.

Agreed with this, iPhones usually have good battery life if set up well. Go look into other smartphones like Androids or BB. BB usually beat out androids in term of battery life, but Androids own in functionality. Verizon has a nice lineup of droids, how much battery life do you need???

Are american phones really that bad?

I have a BB and it lasts 2-3 days at least without charging (its almost 2 years old now).

When I first got it, it could last about a week without being charged.

I have a BB and it lasts 2-3 days at least without charging (its almost 2 years old now).

Sick generalization bro.

Almost all smartphones have pretty bad battery life considering all the multitasking and other shit they can do. Most phones that don't have touch screen and an app store have decent battery life, such as your 2 year old black berry(I assume). On a side note, the Blackberry Corporate is located in Ontario, Canada. You are calling american phones bad when you are using one?

Back on topic: Get an iPhone. They have pretty decent battery life given it's a smart phone. Also all the apps and jailbreaking is pretty awesome. Practically a built in GPS with the maps app.

Sick generalization bro.

Almost all smartphones have pretty bad battery life considering all the multitasking and other shit they can do. Most phones that don't have touch screen and an app store have decent battery life, such as your 2 year old black berry(I assume). On a side note, the Blackberry Corporate is located in Ontario, Canada. You are calling american phones bad when you are using one?

Back on topic: Get an iPhone. They have pretty decent battery life given it's a smart phone. Also all the apps and jailbreaking is pretty awesome. Practically a built in GPS with the maps app.

I'm sorry, you appear to have mis-read every post in this thread? What?

Everybody complained that their phone doesn't last more than a day. We don't have that problem so much in Europe, but I didn't call American phones bad, I asked a question. Please read before trying to dissect. I am fully aware a blackberry is a Canadian device.

● 4.1 MP Camera.

● Can send text messages.

● Built in 8MB memory.

● Snake 2!

● Green LED buttons.

● Battery lasts about 1 week.

1155909967Nokia.jpg

Yeah, that's how my BB was. My ball broke though :\ I had the curve.

I was looking to get Thunderbolt or Droid 3.

I talked to GG on which I should get, he told me I should wait till Samsung Galaxy comes out. (Same as GT)

I talked to GG on which I should get, he told me I should wait till Samsung Galaxy comes out. (Same as GT)

Just reading some site's & they all say either mid Aug or Sept. Europe & Canada already released the SGS2 a while back.. I would suggest the same since i do own the SGS2. Just wait till it comes out & then go get that one. You will be happy with it. Believe me. You can get an email when it will be released.

http://www.samsung.com/us/register/galaxysII/

Android phones are awesome. If you are worried about battery life then search ebay for cheap replacement batteries. I got 2 batteries with a spare charger for $10. They are cheap china batteries that will eventually not take a charge after maybe a year(depending how much you are swapping them in and out of phone) but for $10 can you complain?

I have AT&T Inspire 4g. 4g isn't set up in my area so it is on 3g, but nonetheless the HTC Thunderbolt is basically the phone I have. I've seen other friends recommend it, and it is a very nice phone. The battery should last about a day and it has really good speed. The camera is nice as well.

If you decide to be patient, I'd also say to wait for the new Samsung Galaxy, that just looks crazy. However, if you don't wanna wait a month or two, I'd say that the Droid 3 would be your best bet (since you said your parents have iphones on DR).

Just reading some site's & they all say either mid Aug or Sept. Europe & Canada already released the SGS2 a while back.. I would suggest the same since i do own the SGS2. Just wait till it comes out & then go get that one. You will be happy with it. Believe me. You can get an email when it will be released.

http://www.samsung.com/us/register/galaxysII/

Do it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S, and the thing is just fucking wonderful. All the reviews I read for the S2 have said just how even better it is, and many call it the best smartphone on the market.

Not too happy with my Samsung Galaxy :(. I had to switch because my HTC EVO broke one day and they replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy phone, it has a really nice screen and above-par battery life, but I don't like the build quality or how some of the Android UI works on that phone.

I've heard good things about the Thunderbolt, and I've seen the Droid be a pretty fucking sick phone.

IMO, I prefer Motorola and HTC phones over Samsung, then Samsung over the rest. But that's just from personal experience. :P

Not too happy with my Samsung Galaxy :(. I had to switch because my HTC EVO broke one day and they replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy phone, it has a really nice screen and above-par battery life, but I don't like the build quality or how some of the Android UI works on that phone.

I've heard good things about the Thunderbolt, and I've seen the Droid be a pretty fucking sick phone.

IMO, I prefer Motorola and HTC phones over Samsung, then Samsung over the rest. But that's just from personal experience. :P

Thunderbolt is a rehash of the Evo 4G.

Considering the Evo is a last gen phone it wouldn't be wise to choose it over a current gen phone. Not saying it would be bad, just worse than a newer phone.

Go read the reviews on the Droid 3. Not too good, even with the dual core processor.

+You probably experienced Samsung's TouchWiz interface on the Galaxy S. The SII will be more of a stock android experience.