Sign in to follow this  
Ponder

New Headphones

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px5.aspx

These are pretty nice...I've been looking at these for awhile.

http://www.astrogaming.com/audio-systems/a30-audio-systems

These are also pretty nice, or you could go with the clunkier version, but this is very nice for gaming and music all around.

http://www.corsair.com/audio/gaming-headsets/gaming-audio-series-hs1-usb-gaming-headset.html

And you can either get that hs1 or the hs1a, if you have a nice soundcard go for the hs1a, so you can use your nice soundcard. The HS1 is a cheaper alternative to the other headsets I linked, but since its your birthday maybe that won't matter as much? The HS1 has its own nice soundcard incase yours isnt as good.

I don't know why you guys buy headsets.. huge waste of money.

Also you should give a price range as that will help people with making suggestions.

I got G35s for like $40 bucks. Not really a waste of money.

But he said headphones, so go for Sennheiser, AKG, Sony, Shure, Audio Technica

some bullshit about shitty gaming headsets

No' date=' get the fuck out.

More bullshit.

You too.

Where's Dyscivist when you need him?

Give a price range, and maybe some intelligent members will be able to give you helpful suggestions.

Sorry for not giving a price range, but I'm talking about a $50-$150 price range. Also, I'm not looking for a mic to come with the headset either. I'll open up to in-ear headphones as well or whatever people can find that's a really good product for that price range.

Sorry for not giving a price range, but I'm talking about a $50-$150 price range. Also, I'm not looking for a mic to come with the headset either. I'll open up to in-ear headphones as well or whatever people can find that's a really good product for that price range.

No, don't go in-ear if you're looking for really good quality. I'd suggest some either Sennheiser or Audio Technica around the ear headphones. None of that goofy attached mic headset garbage.

I got these:

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATHM40FS-Precision-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0002D03ZW/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1311918631&sr=8-21

this past Christmas, and I absolutely love them. Gorgeous sound, extremely comfortable, and excellent build quality, and on the lower price range for good headphones.

inb4 dyscivist

but inafter goldentongue. Ive used the same headSET (turtle beaches) for 2 years now, and have had no problems other than lack of driver support. But if you don't need the mic attachment, you can buy a better brand of headphones, such as those mentioned in blobs post

Just get the most expensive Sennheisers you can afford. They're an all-around good, comfortable headphone you can't go wrong with.

This. I love my Sennheisers. I wish i had purchased a top of the end model, and not the mid range model. Why? The older mid-range 201's are nice, but have a ton of bass to them. The 212's are a better quality.

Higher end models include HD-555's which retail for 100$. They are sadly Open backed(ie you can hear outside shit going on).

Comparable to the HD-555's are the Audio-Technia ATH-AD700's, Which retail 100$. They are apparently more confortable and have more unique Bass. Still open back.

Also. There is no need for a HEADSET. Just get headphones and either a)get a 5$ zalman clip-on mic OR a desktop mic. either will work lol. Headsets are generally overpriced and will fail quickly. Like my last headset, which ran me 35$ at the time, it lasted a total of ~ 1 year. However 6-7 months in they were fairly uncomfortable on-ear headset. When the mic went out from the wear of just wearing it by stretching it (tiny headset), the wires got frayed and the entire left speaker went out.

That is in comparison to these Sennheisers 201's, which cost me 20$, and I've had them for nearly 8 months now and are nearly as comfortable as when i first bought them. Though they are a bit uncomfortable, but that's due to wearing glasses, as they are on the medium size, so they catch anytime I have to take of my glasses.

Headphones are much better price per price generally because the wiring is not shit on them, and they are able to provide much clearer sound.

I'm currently rocking some Sennheiser HD 598s. They've gone down in price since I've bought them, still above your price range but the extra 20-30 bucks might be worth it. Anyways, as everyone's stated already, can't go wrong with the 555s

If it doesn't have a mic, it's not a headset, just headphones.

pWh5F.png

Half the points in that image are flat-out wrong.